Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Decluttr - cheap blu-rays

Old 05-23-18, 05:32 PM

Decluttr - cheap blu-rays

not really a special - seems that they have these sales on an ongoing basis.

$10 for 2 blu-rays
$8 for 2 blu-rays
$6 for 2 blu-rays
$5 for 2 blu-rays

all pre-owned. I ordered a bunch of $6 for 2 blu-rays just to try them out. Surprisingly some of the combo sets came with the DVD (not that I really wanted them, but know that is important to some people).

Cases definitely scruffed up, but most of them intact. one had a crack in it. Blu-rays look refurbished - little or no scratches.

Haven't seen any threads on this site.... seems legit...and I got everything I ordered.

Oh, free shipping too! and I wasn't charged tax.

Kind of like a Big Lots on the web for used stuff. You won't find modern blockbusters or any criterions, but I could easily spend $100 there - if I wanted to.

http://www.decluttr.com

thought I'd share since my first experience worked out.

Last edited by cinemaman; 05-23-18 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-23-18, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

re: Decluttr - cheap blu-rays

I had never heard of them and your link didn't work.

Believe it's www.decluttr.com
Old 05-23-18, 06:17 PM

Re: Decluttr - cheap blu-rays

yes- sorry about the link typo. you got it right!!

I only found out about them from another forum which talked about magpie.com, which is their UK based store... when I went there, and said I was in the US it directed me to decluttr.

First I heard of them, too.

As I said, they came through for me so no complaints.
Old 05-23-18, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've sold plenty of stuff to them throughout the years, so you guys are probably getting my handmedowns.
Old 05-23-18, 09:05 PM

I've bought plenty of things from them via eBay and Amazon but didn't know you could buy directly from their site. I find that they're very hit or miss in terms of disc condition but their customer service is great and more often than not I find my items arrive in excellent shape.

I'm also weeding out my collection and I've started a cart on their app so I can easily scan items in. I heard the selling process is very easy.
Old 05-24-18, 12:50 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Everything that I bought from them so far on ebay was a previous rental with a sticker around the center of disk with the rental places name. They were tv on DVD. And they never declare its a previous rental.

Last edited by g; 05-24-18 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-24-18, 07:16 AM

i'll double check but pretty sure none of my discs were previous rentals.
Old 05-24-18, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by rjh_54 View Post
I've bought plenty of things from them via eBay and Amazon but didn't know you could buy directly from their site. I find that they're very hit or miss in terms of disc condition but their customer service is great and more often than not I find my items arrive in excellent shape.
This.

I buy from them all the time on eBay for $5> blus. Always great. And they a refund anytime I have an issue.
Old 05-24-18, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've been buying from them via their Amazon U.S. Marketplace listings for about a year or so. Almost every "used - very good" title I've bought from them was closer to "used - like new" in my opinion, no rental stickers, slips often included, unused digital copies or DMR rewards, clean discs, etc. Occasionally there's some shelf wear on the cases, but only once or twice have I actually needed to swap them out. In most cases they're lower-priced than other marketplace sellers by a sizable margin; they really do seem to want to move product rather than squeeze buyers for the every penny.
Old 05-24-18, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
I've been buying from them via their Amazon U.S. Marketplace listings for about a year or so. Almost every "used - very good" title I've bought from them was closer to "used - like new" in my opinion, no rental stickers, slips often included, unused digital copies or DMR rewards, clean discs, etc. Occasionally there's some shelf wear on the cases, but only once or twice have I actually needed to swap them out. In most cases they're lower-priced than other marketplace sellers by a sizable margin; they really do seem to want to move product rather than squeeze buyers for the every penny.
same experience here. I always buy from them on Amazon's marketplace and the discs have been very clean. Unlike Hastings, there is almost no chance of finding unredeemed UV codes but hey, we know what to expect. Have never had cause for seeking refunds. BTW, they also sell on eBay which is another purchase channel for me to get past Amazon's marketplace shipping fees. Good experience so far !
Old 05-24-18, 10:07 AM

Definitely going to be perusing them via ebay and their own site now. Interesting that they're connected to Music Magpie in the U.K. as I've had similar luck ordering from them through Amazon's U.K. marketplace, but as someone else discovered, no luck buying from their actual site.
Old 05-24-18, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just how are you supposed to find some titles? They have a few multi-title discs I'd purchase *if* I could find them. Searching via UPC is a waste of time as nothing matches. It's the same if using one of the titles in the set as well as the name of the set (either what's on the case or Amazon's title). I've even tried browsing titles but their system seems to hand every few pages requiring a full reset of the search parameters.
Old 05-24-18, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
Just how are you supposed to find some titles? They have a few multi-title discs I'd purchase *if* I could find them. Searching via UPC is a waste of time as nothing matches. It's the same if using one of the titles in the set as well as the name of the set (either what's on the case or Amazon's title). I've even tried browsing titles but their system seems to hand every few pages requiring a full reset of the search parameters.
They list all their items on eBay as well - this is their movies (DVD and Bluray) offering store link - the search bar on top should help: https://www.ebay.com/str/estocksusa/...cat=7484733015
Old 05-24-18, 02:50 PM

Thanks for posting, I took a shot on the 3 bond blurays for $9 to add to my Bond 50 set... tossed in a Les Mis for 4/$12
Old 05-24-18, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
They list all their items on eBay as well - this is their movies (DVD and Bluray) offering store link - the search bar on top should help: https://www.ebay.com/str/estocksusa/...cat=7484733015
I found one of the titles there - using the UPC (why their normal store doesn't do that search is odd and stupid) - but it's several $$ higher than on Amazon ($20 vs $15), even with Amazon shipping added.
Old 05-24-18, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
This.

I buy from them all the time on eBay for $5> blus. Always great. And they a refund anytime I have an issue.
I also love that I never have to worry about getting a record club pressing of a CD or cutout of any titles since you have to scan in the UPC in order to sell it to them.
Old 05-25-18, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have no experience using them for movies but have extensive history with them for CDs. They seem to be a volume operation - they rate basically everything in the same condition, from gem mint to much rougher shape. They key everything to the UPC code but have made mistakes.

Generally I've been happy with the merchandise I've bought from them, though their typically cheaper pricing is the main reason I pick them.