Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-17, 12:01 PM   #1
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,451
Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Well shit, I think I'm about to get even more broke.

This was mentioned in the Kino thread over in HD, but definitely worth noting here, as it's their biggest sale yet. Nearly the entire Blu-Ray line is $9.98 or less and plenty of fairly new releases are included.

From their Facebook feed:

Quote:
To celebrate the launch of the new Kino Lorber Studio Classics website we're having our biggest sale ever! 401 titles! DVDs as low as $5.98! Blu-rays from $7.98!

Free USA Shipping - Orders of $50 or more
Free Canada Shipping - Orders of $100 or more

Sale starts today and ends Sunday, August 6th!

John Ford's The Hurricane is going out of print on July 31st - DVD $7.98 | BD $9.98 (while quantities last)

Sale
https://www.klstudioclassics.com/lis...klsclaunchsale

KLSC website
http://klstudioclassics.com

Last edited by Brian T; 07-21-17 at 09:16 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 12:36 PM   #2
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: somewhere shopping
Posts: 31,989
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

No wishlist function apparently.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 12:42 PM   #3
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,893
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Amazing bargains. I have $300 worth in my cart and have to cut down alot. This Christmas in July is making me super broke.

Last edited by Classic Films; 07-21-17 at 12:51 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 12:50 PM   #4
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,451
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
Amazing bargains. I have $300 worth in my cart and have to cut down alot. This Christmas in July is making me super broke.
I hear that. I'm approaching $400. I can probably kill quite a few because I already have them. Just need to check previous orders first because, hey, who actually has time to watch stuff?!. I'm hoping with this sale I can basically finish up the list of Kino titles I want to own and then just grab newer stuff if they ever repeat this sale in the future.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 01:18 PM   #5
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 18,585
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

I may finally cleap up my Kino wish list. I see literally dozens of discs I've been waiting on to hit under $10.
__________________
Blu-ray Picture Quality Rankings (last update: July 13, 2017)

Over 5000 Blu-rays ranked by pure video quality.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 02:07 PM   #6
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,893
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Had a little trouble placing an order. Choice of shipping method kept disappearing and it kept asking me to chose a shipping method. Logging off and on finally seemed to fix problem. Site seems to be being hit hard at time I was trying to place order.

FYI the Bob Hope titles I posted about a few days ago that were on sale for $14.97 are now $8.98 with the exception of Son Of Paleface which is still listed as a preorder and not included in this sale. It is still $14.97.

Last edited by Classic Films; 07-21-17 at 06:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 02:26 PM   #7
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,451
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

The DePatie-Freleng ($30 for four titles) and Film Noir ($25 for five titles) boxed sets are particularly good bargains as they shave quite a bit off the price of the individual discs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 02:28 PM   #8
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
clckworang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The toe nail of Texas
Posts: 7,060
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

In the last week, I've actually been looking up a few Kino titles. Maybe this sale is a sign for me to spend some money.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 02:35 PM   #9
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,570
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Staying off so I can feel proud of my restraint. Has been an extremely expensive June and July so far
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 02:54 PM   #10
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 17,393
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

1 [Blu-ray] The Pied Piper, (1972) $8.98
1 [Blu-ray] 1492: Conquest of Paradise $11.98
1 [Blu-ray] 8 Million Ways to Die $11.98
1 [Blu-ray] The Children's Hour $9.98
1 [Blu-ray] A Child is Waiting $9.98
1 [Blu-ray] Marjorie Morningstar (1958) $8.98
1 [Blu-ray] The Paradine Case $11.98
1 [Blu-ray] Prime Cut $10.98
1 [Blu-ray] Silkwood $11.98
1 [Blu-ray] I'm Gonna Git You Sucka $8.98
1 [Blu-ray] One, Two, Three $11.98
1 [Blu-ray] Pocketful of Miracles $9.98
1 [Blu-ray] The Good Son (Special Edition) $10.98
1 [Blu-ray] The Scalphunters $9.98
Sub-Total: $148.72

I originally had 30 in cart. Had to trim it down.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 02:57 PM   #11
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,451
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Staying off so I can feel proud of my restraint. Has been an extremely expensive June and July so far
Ohhh, one little peek wouldn't hurt ya . . .
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 04:24 PM   #12
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,379
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

My Wallet is scared.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 04:51 PM   #13
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,570
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
Ohhh, one little peek wouldn't hurt ya . . .
Took your advice, loaded up the cart with 23 interested titles for a later decision - went out for a bit of gardening and lunch, came back to the site to see cart has been emptied !! what kind of a site is this that has such less cart retention period ??? I mean, why would a site even want to clear cart contents on its own :-(

On the other hand, perhaps its a 'sign'...to help me stick to my original resolution. Damn this temptation
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 04:54 PM   #14
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 10,927
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Kino titles at 9.99 are a steal IMO. I got 20 during the last sale and have liked every one so far.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 04:57 PM   #15
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,465
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Took your advice, loaded up the cart with 23 interested titles for a later decision - went out for a bit of gardening and lunch, came back to the site to see cart has been emptied !! what kind of a site is this that has such less cart retention period ??? I mean, why would a site even want to clear cart contents on its own :-(

On the other hand, perhaps its a 'sign'...to help me stick to my original resolution. Damn this temptation
Odd- were you signed into your account both times? My cart kept my items in place (at least for the last several hours).

Their new site is marginally better than the previous, but it's still lacking a lot in filters and there's no wish list to save items that I can find.

Plus the separation between Classics, KL, Redemption is more than a bit aggravating.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 05:01 PM   #16
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,379
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

The br noir box looks interesting at $30. Need to decide if I can afford $50 at this time to get the free ship. At least the sale is on until early August. I'm also looking at the Arrow sale in the Region b thread, & still considering the Flicker Alley Lost World.

I need to win the lottery.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 07-22-17 at 06:56 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 05:07 PM   #17
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,570
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Odd- were you signed into your account both times? My cart kept my items in place (at least for the last several hours).

Their new site is marginally better than the previous, but it's still lacking a lot in filters and there's no wish list to save items that I can find.

Plus the separation between Classics, KL, Redemption is more than a bit aggravating.
No, I wasn't signed into my account. I just did and noticed something saved into my cart from a few weeks ago...so, it seems like you need to be signed in to retain your cart. And yes, your comments on the lack of filters is so true. Also, I wanted to complete my Charles Bronson collection, so used their 'Actors' filter which pulled up the featured titles and the links right next to it. Now click on those product links and each one brings you to a 'page not found' message. And in this day and age, how can you not have a 'first' and 'last' page links to a product listing across multiple pages. There's roughly 17 pages of product but if you are on page 7 for e.g, there's no way to navigate back to the first page or even page 2 because the display listing is restricted to 10 pages. Unless you go to the page link in the web page of your browser and input the page number you want to (re)visit. Badly designed and badly tested
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 05:07 PM   #18
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,451
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Took your advice, loaded up the cart with 23 interested titles for a later decision - went out for a bit of gardening and lunch, came back to the site to see cart has been emptied !! what kind of a site is this that has such less cart retention period ??? I mean, why would a site even want to clear cart contents on its own :-(
Yeah, you definitely need to be logged in when filling the cart. The site does time you out, but it also saves carts if you're logged in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
No, I wasn't signed into my account. I just did and noticed something saved into my cart from a few weeks ago...so, it seems like you need to be signed in to retain your cart. And yes, your comments on the lack of filters is so true. Also, I wanted to complete my Charles Bronson collection, so used their 'Actors' filter which pulled up the featured titles and the links right next to it. Now click on those product links and each one brings you to a 'page not found' message. And in this day and age, how can you not have a 'first' and 'last' page links to a product listing across multiple pages. There's roughly 17 pages of product but if you are on page 7 for e.g, there's no way to navigate back to the first page or even page 2 because the display listing is restricted to 10 pages. Badly designed and badly tested
It definitely needs some work. So far, though, I've only found one title that took me to a "page not found": When Eight Bells Toll. Might skip that one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 05:15 PM   #19
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,379
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

The sale link in the first post takes me to a page not found!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 05:16 PM   #20
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,570
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
It definitely needs some work. So far, though, I've only found one title that took me to a "page not found": When Eight Bells Toll. Might skip that one.
Could you check the Charles Bronson actor filter results just as a test of the site ? everyone of them brings me to a 'page not found'. TIA

But really, this sale is a killer. Am looking at my Amazon wish list which seems to be ONLY KL titles for most part and the prices there vs the current KL sale prices ??? I need my CC blocked
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 05:19 PM   #21
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,465
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
The sale link in the first post takes me to a page not found!
I think the website truncation didn't untruncate correctly

KL Studio Classic Sale
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 05:34 PM   #22
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,451
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Could you check the Charles Bronson actor filter results just as a test of the site ? everyone of them brings me to a 'page not found'. TIA
You're right. When I find his name in the actor list, and click the titles, I get "page not found" on them. However, when I click his actual name, I get a page with mini-listings of all the titles and those all work fine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 05:36 PM   #23
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,570
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
You're right. When I find his name in the actor list, and click the titles, I get "page not found" on them. However, when I click his actual name, I get a page with mini-listings of all the titles and those all work fine.
Thanks for checking. Am guessing any further investment of KL into the testing of the site might cause prices to go up...will stop complaining
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 05:56 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 301
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

wow. it would have been easier to decide what I didn't want from this list!

only could afford a few, so went with Bob Hope and few Film Noir

99 River Street
Cry of the City
Pitfall
Road to Bali
Road to Rio
My Favorite Brunette
Lemon Drop Kid

all for about $66...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-17, 06:24 PM   #25
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,570
Re: Kino Studio Classics 'Launch' Sale - Ends August 6, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
Ohhh, one little peek wouldn't hurt ya . . .
There's finally 53 titles in my cart - 51 BDs and 2 DVDs...negligible perhaps for someone who didn't want to participate in this. This is madness :-)
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0