Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

[DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
No Wiki
Print Wikipost

[DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Old 04-13-21, 04:32 PM
  #401  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,141
Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

More importantly, will there still be high quality sales? $20 for a mod dvd is out of my range.

I hadn't heard about Amazon. Is that an exclusive?
Old 04-13-21, 04:40 PM
  #402  
DVD Talk Legend
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,312
Received 600 Likes on 441 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
More importantly, will there still be high quality sales? $20 for a mod dvd is out of my range.

I hadn't heard about Amazon. Is that an exclusive?
No. They'll still sell through other vendors. It's just the "official" Warner Store is now on Amazon.

I doubt we'll see another 4/$44 or similar sale via Amazon. Hopefully Deepdiscount will still have the Archive titles at lower prices and the occasional sale in conjunction which somewhat mimics the 4/$44 sales.
Old 04-14-21, 08:17 AM
  #403  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 14,020
Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

I made a large order on day 1 of the sale and still haven't received anything other than 2 emails talking about the delays in processing and shipping. I don't have a tracking number or anything that would let me know of my order status. Wouldn't expect anything else from AT&T and their bean counters.
The following users liked this post:
FM (04-14-21)
Old 04-14-21, 11:04 AM
  #404  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,353
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by Red Hood
I made a large order on day 1 of the sale and still haven't received anything other than 2 emails talking about the delays in processing and shipping. I don't have a tracking number or anything that would let me know of my order status. Wouldn't expect anything else from AT&T and their bean counters.
And of course -- neither ATT nor Warner have anything to do with WBSHOP/Araca or the Fulfillment Warehouse other than their product being sold by that store. Pretty much similar to blaming Ford b/c Walmart.com screwed up an order for wiper blades

Fine to hate big companies, but at least hate them for something they have something to do with .
Old 04-14-21, 09:26 PM
  #405  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,442
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by Red Hood
I made a large order on day 1 of the sale and still haven't received anything other than 2 emails talking about the delays in processing and shipping. I don't have a tracking number or anything that would let me know of my order status. Wouldn't expect anything else from AT&T and their bean counters.
finally received a shipping notice today. I have 14 titles in the order and none of those possibly delaying titles mentioned above, in the order.
The following users liked this post:
Red Hood (04-17-21)
Old 04-14-21, 11:00 PM
  #406  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,353
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
finally received a shipping notice today. I have 14 titles in the order and none of those possibly delaying titles mentioned above, in the order.

Those were just the most common reported delayed items, certainly not meant to be the only titles. The problem is it only takes one though yours is out of teh woods for now.
The dispatch notices are still certainly steady (maybe speeding up a bit this week so far) with most of the emails coming late afternoon/early evening ET
Old 04-14-21, 11:13 PM
  #407  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,141
Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

We are a large corporation. We don't care. We don't have to. (& btw, we're moving to an even bigger corporation, Amazon).
Old 04-15-21, 11:51 AM
  #408  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,353
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Araca not that big a corporation?
Old 04-15-21, 08:09 PM
  #409  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,141
Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Araca not that big a corporation?
I don't know. Never heard of them until this thread. They're definitely not Amazon sized (few are).
Old 04-15-21, 09:24 PM
  #410  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,353
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

I guess making the point.

Blaming the poor follow through of this sale (and the Nov Sale) on the uncaring Big Corp when Araca isn't one makes no sense. They may well be uncaring and borderline incompetent, but that is a failing of many small and middle sized companies too. Araca Merchandising was not
terribly popular before Wbshop fell to them and actually for a few years did improve their service, but were never an upper echelon business on any front
Old 04-15-21, 09:35 PM
  #411  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,141
Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Does Warner have NO responsibility here? They are part of a huge corporation.
Old 04-15-21, 10:25 PM
  #412  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,353
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

How much responsibility should Johnson and Johnson take when "insert Mom and Pop" website screws up a sale?

Even with that, product is delayed, not cancelled or stolen. CC are still 25-30 days minimal before chargebacks have to be lodged (Paypal possibly up to 4.5 - 5 months more). Product is still going out steadily if not as fast as people would like.

More to the point, how much responsibility does Warner take b/c Technicolor can't resupply discs fast enough due to Covid restrictions in Mexico, international shipping slowdowns due to Covid and Political Footballs. and Covid slowdowns at the US warehouse once product is even available to pack and ship.. From what I can tell, it's not like there is a warehouse full of titles just sitting around begging for a bunch of lazy workers on their 4th coffee break of the morning to get their butts in gear and get stuff out the door.

They can take WBShop to task for poor customer service, but what are they going to do Cancel their contract twice? Can they legally demand Customer order lists from a non owned company so they can send out emails saying "We're sorry for the delay and will get product
out as fast as we can once restocks are received from Mexico. Due to Covid slowdowns, orders from out suppliers we placed weeks ago are several weeks behind schedule" I guess Warner could send out a blanket statement to the whole system with an explanation and apology, but that's not really going to solve anything.

Turned the other way -- what solutions do you suggest?
Old 04-15-21, 10:36 PM
  #413  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,141
Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by hariseldon
How much responsibility should Johnson and Johnson take when "insert Mom and Pop" website screws up a sale?

Even with that, product is delayed, not cancelled or stolen. CC are still 25-30 days minimal before chargebacks have to be lodged (Paypal possibly up to 4.5 - 5 months more). Product is still going out steadily if not as fast as people would like.

More to the point, how much responsibility does Warner take b/c Technicolor can't resupply discs fast enough due to Covid restrictions in Mexico, international shipping slowdowns due to Covid and Political Footballs. and Covid slowdowns at the US warehouse once product is even available to pack and ship.. From what I can tell, it's not like there is a warehouse full of titles just sitting around begging for a bunch of lazy workers on their 4th coffee break of the morning to get their butts in gear and get stuff out the door.

They can take WBShop to task for poor customer service, but what are they going to do Cancel their contract twice? Can they legally demand Customer order lists from a non owned company so they can send out emails saying "We're sorry for the delay and will get product
out as fast as we can once restocks are received from Mexico. Due to Covid slowdowns, orders from out suppliers we placed weeks ago are several weeks behind schedule" I guess Warner could send out a blanket statement to the whole system with an explanation and apology, but that's not really going to solve anything.

Turned the other way -- what solutions do you suggest?
I can only think of 3:

1. Accept the poor cs.

2. Don't order from Warner at all (though perhaps dumping Araca is Warner's solution). While it's pricier, Amazon will not allow this sort of CS. Even a mega corp like Warner would stand a good chance of being kicked off of Amazon for this sort of pattern (eBay, however wouldn't really care from my experience as long as it's a high volume corporate seller that's generating money for eBay). I'm not saying Amazon is a saint (far from it), but quality CS from 3rd party sellers seems to be a major priority for Amazon.

3. If the above don't work, file a dispute with the buyer's credit card co & or with Paypal as the case may be.
Old 04-15-21, 11:39 PM
  #414  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,353
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Ordering from Amazon is just as much ordering from Warner as ordering from Araca was.. I don't see the difference

I don't understand why you think Amazon could punish Warner if this type issue happened under Amazon's umbrella. Amazon wouldn't allow Amazon's CS to behave like this -- agreed
Amazon is now selling Warner discs (or still selling them) just like Araca was selling Warner product.
Warner is still not selling anything to the customer so their CS is still not involved if a sale gets screwed up -- it's Amazon on the line not Warner..
If Walmart is running a sale on Pillsbury Biscuits and screwing things up why would Walmart expect Pillsbury's Customer Service to fix things

Amazon has has their own problems over the the last several years with WAC disc and multiweek delays in orders and new releases delivering weeks to months late or being cancelled completely
Amazon completely botched years worth of WAC DVDR releases and botched so badly that they cancelled their entire MOD division since it was so poorly done.

Amazon can't make disc show up any faster from TC than Warner can so lack of product wouldn't be solved.

Not ordering Warner discs won't make Araca function any better nor TC press discs any faster so doesn't solve anything. I still like my nose on my face.

Dispute with payment with the CC/Paypla is still a end-game solution, but if you want the $9 discs disputing the charges won't make those dsics show up in the mailbox. personally I'll take the $9 discs and wait
6-8 weeks for them to show up rather than $16-20 discs and wait 6-8 weeks for them to delivery with a lot of Customer Service updates,
Old 04-16-21, 12:11 AM
  #415  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,035
Received 1,161 Likes on 892 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Amazon just charged me for the WAC Hitchock collection. I had just gotten an email saying the collection had been delayed until May sometime. Looks like it'sfinally moving. Not bad for $25 om sale -- in absolutely no rush.
Old 04-16-21, 12:35 AM
  #416  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,141
Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Ordering from Amazon is just as much ordering from Warner as ordering from Araca was.. I don't see the difference

I don't understand why you think Amazon could punish Warner if this type issue happened under Amazon's umbrella. Amazon wouldn't allow Amazon's CS to behave like this -- agreed
Amazon is now selling Warner discs (or still selling them) just like Araca was selling Warner product.
Warner is still not selling anything to the customer so their CS is still not involved if a sale gets screwed up -- it's Amazon on the line not Warner..
If Walmart is running a sale on Pillsbury Biscuits and screwing things up why would Walmart expect Pillsbury's Customer Service to fix things

Amazon has has their own problems over the the last several years with WAC disc and multiweek delays in orders and new releases delivering weeks to months late or being cancelled completely
Amazon completely botched years worth of WAC DVDR releases and botched so badly that they cancelled their entire MOD division since it was so poorly done.

Amazon can't make disc show up any faster from TC than Warner can so lack of product wouldn't be solved.

Not ordering Warner discs won't make Araca function any better nor TC press discs any faster so doesn't solve anything. I still like my nose on my face.

Dispute with payment with the CC/Paypla is still a end-game solution, but if you want the $9 discs disputing the charges won't make those dsics show up in the mailbox. personally I'll take the $9 discs and wait
6-8 weeks for them to show up rather than $16-20 discs and wait 6-8 weeks for them to delivery with a lot of Customer Service updates,
I thought someone said Warner had a full store on Amazon? If so, my comments are accurate. If not, my comments are incorrect.
Old 04-16-21, 01:36 AM
  #417  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,353
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I thought someone said Warner had a full store on Amazon? If so, my comments are accurate. If not, my comments are incorrect.
Amazon has a section with all the Warner items including a subset of WAC listed in one spot -- sold and shipped and I'm assuming run by Amazon.com and not as Warner Marketplace or Warner 3rd Party Store.

Pretty much the same type :Featured Store" as Criterion and Apple and others have on Amazon. I'm assuming Criterion has no more influence or control of that section than Sony or Arrow does
I will assume Warner might pay some sort of Fee like many studios did at BBY/Walmart for a special endcap -- but the sales is still controlled by the Store not the studio.

It's still Amazon and as far as I can tell it's the same as it's always been other than putting them in their own corner now. Same discs, same prices, same item pages. -- just a better filter

Last edited by hariseldon; 04-16-21 at 01:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BobO'Link (04-16-21)
Old 04-16-21, 09:23 AM
  #418  
DVD Talk Legend
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,312
Received 600 Likes on 441 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

The problem with the last "Warner Store" was the branding. While it was *entirely* a 3rd party - owned, operated, etc. - it had the Warner name attached which lead people to believe it was Warner directly doing things themselves. IIRC they *did* do that *before* closing their own shop and transitioning the site to Araca's management. It was Warner but it *wasn't* Warner - and that it still looked like the old Warner Shop just added confusion. It was just a front/site for that 3rd party fulfillment/order processing entity. The issue was further confused by Warner sending emails about sales, etc. making it look like it was them when it really wasn't - at least not directly.

The Amazon Warner "site" is nothing but a "store listing" with Amazon doing all fulfillment from their warehouses. Warner just stocks the warehouses with product like any other vendor - and *tons* of vendors have such "sites" on Amazon. In some cases they're doing the Market Place approach (I know of a few board game distributors who go this route rather than maintain a store on their own website) and in others it's Amazon you're dealing with with that "site" being nothing but an easy place to see/find all the product from a specific vendor in one location.
The following 2 users liked this post by BobO'Link:
laidbacklarkin (04-16-21), MooMooMooMoo (04-16-21)
Old 04-16-21, 04:52 PM
  #419  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,141
Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
The problem with the last "Warner Store" was the branding. While it was *entirely* a 3rd party - owned, operated, etc. - it had the Warner name attached which lead people to believe it was Warner directly doing things themselves. IIRC they *did* do that *before* closing their own shop and transitioning the site to Araca's management. It was Warner but it *wasn't* Warner - and that it still looked like the old Warner Shop just added confusion. It was just a front/site for that 3rd party fulfillment/order processing entity. The issue was further confused by Warner sending emails about sales, etc. making it look like it was them when it really wasn't - at least not directly.

The Amazon Warner "site" is nothing but a "store listing" with Amazon doing all fulfillment from their warehouses. Warner just stocks the warehouses with product like any other vendor - and *tons* of vendors have such "sites" on Amazon. In some cases they're doing the Market Place approach (I know of a few board game distributors who go this route rather than maintain a store on their own website) and in others it's Amazon you're dealing with with that "site" being nothing but an easy place to see/find all the product from a specific vendor in one location.
Thank you for clarifying.
Old 04-16-21, 04:54 PM
  #420  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,141
Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Amazon has a section with all the Warner items including a subset of WAC listed in one spot -- sold and shipped and I'm assuming run by Amazon.com and not as Warner Marketplace or Warner 3rd Party Store.

Pretty much the same type :Featured Store" as Criterion and Apple and others have on Amazon. I'm assuming Criterion has no more influence or control of that section than Sony or Arrow does
I will assume Warner might pay some sort of Fee like many studios did at BBY/Walmart for a special endcap -- but the sales is still controlled by the Store not the studio.

It's still Amazon and as far as I can tell it's the same as it's always been other than putting them in their own corner now. Same discs, same prices, same item pages. -- just a better filter
With "fulfilled by Amazon" Warner is paying a substantial fee.
Old 04-16-21, 07:40 PM
  #421  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,353
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
With "fulfilled by Amazon" Warner is paying a substantial fee.

No, not even "fulfilled by Amazon".which would at least be Warner Controlled/Owned merchandise shipped by Amazon. You seem to want to keep putting Warner into this mix
somehow. Other than it being produced by Warner, they don't seem to have anything to do with the products being sold --just like any Warner product sold at BBY, Walmart, Deep Discount,
Bullmoose, Target or numerous other outlets

THis is just plain straight Amazon product Sold and Shipped by directly Amazon like most other Amazon product.
The following users liked this post:
BobO'Link (04-16-21)
Old 04-16-21, 07:46 PM
  #422  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,141
Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by hariseldon
No, not even "fulfilled by Amazon".which would at least be Warner Controlled/Owned merchandise shipped by Amazon. You seem to want to keep putting Warner into this mix
somehow. Other than it being produced by Warner, they don't seem to have anything to do with the products being sold --just like any Warner product sold at BBY, Walmart, Deep Discount,
Bullmoose, Target or numerous other outlets

THis is just plain straight Amazon product Sold and Shipped by directly Amazon like most other Amazon product.
My understanding as a previous Amazon seller is with "FBA" the seller/company ships the product to Amazon. Amazon charges fees to store the product & a significant fee every time something sells. Benefit to Amazon is infinite credit; they don't pay ANYTHING for the item(s) until it/they sell.
Old 04-16-21, 07:52 PM
  #423  
DVD Talk Legend
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,312
Received 600 Likes on 441 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Yep. Based on what I've seen so far it looks like Warner is even less involved with their Amazon "store" than when it was with Araca. About the only question left is whether or not Warner will push through any sales via Amazon. At least Amazon seems to have shuttered their DVD-R facility so DVD-R product *should* come from Warner instead of Amazon's somewhat iffy facilities.
The following users liked this post:
MooMooMooMoo (04-16-21)
Old 04-16-21, 07:57 PM
  #424  
DVD Talk Legend
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,312
Received 600 Likes on 441 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
My understanding as a previous Amazon seller is with "FBA" the seller/company ships the product to Amazon. Amazon charges fees to store the product & a significant fee every time something sells. Benefit to Amazon is infinite credit; they don't pay ANYTHING for the item(s) until it/they sell.
What you're missing is those products are indicated as "Fulfilled by Amazon" with the vendor/distributor being the "Sold by" entity. On all the current Warner Archives product the "Sold by" and "Ships from" are both Amazon. If it was a "Fulfilled by Amazon" title the "Sold By" would be Warner Brothers or Warner Archive.
The following users liked this post:
MooMooMooMoo (04-16-21)
Old 04-16-21, 08:21 PM
  #425  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,141
Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
What you're missing is those products are indicated as "Fulfilled by Amazon" with the vendor/distributor being the "Sold by" entity. On all the current Warner Archives product the "Sold by" and "Ships from" are both Amazon. If it was a "Fulfilled by Amazon" title the "Sold By" would be Warner Brothers or Warner Archive.
Thank you for clarifying. My apologies. I didn't look on Amazon, just read the posts here.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.