Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Old 05-04-17, 10:30 AM
  #26  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
GoldenWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,241
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Originally Posted by SterlingBen View Post
Pushing for you GoldenWheels

GoldenWheels is offline  
Old 05-04-17, 12:14 PM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 347
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

I picked up the following

Peter Gabriel - The new blood. $7.95
The Rolling Stones Sweet Summer fun $5.95
The Rolling Stones - Live in Texas 7.95
Paranorman 3D $ 5.95

Shipping $3.50 plus

Kinda crazy they charge you extra $0.40 for each item if you order online vs send a check by snail mail. I ordered online - the prices are good - they don't charge tax -so did not want to risk bring out of stock if ordered by snail mail.
soundman2 is offline  
Old 05-06-17, 11:54 AM
  #28  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Hell, but currently heading North
Posts: 11,845
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Just got the Peter Gabriel set in the mail today. Damn is this thing nice. No real need for the book, but I do like it. Well worth the price plus shipping. I missed it on the last sale, so I'm glad I got it this time.
E Unit is online now  
Old 05-09-17, 03:11 PM
  #29  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
GoldenWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,241
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Originally Posted by soundman2 View Post
I picked up the following

Peter Gabriel - The new blood. $7.95
The Rolling Stones Sweet Summer fun $5.95
The Rolling Stones - Live in Texas 7.95
Paranorman 3D $ 5.95

Shipping $3.50 plus

Kinda crazy they charge you extra $0.40 for each item if you order online vs send a check by snail mail. I ordered online - the prices are good - they don't charge tax -so did not want to risk bring out of stock if ordered by snail mail.
I agree! We have long wanted the catalog and web on even footing but have been waiting until we do a postage increase (which we have not done since 2001). That time appears to be coming very soon.

My target/guess # right now is $5 flat in both sales vehicles (catalog and web)....meaning catalog customers will be on the hook for $1.50 more, but anyone ordering 4 or more items online would be saving money in the long run. And on large multiple item orders it could be pretty decent savings.

Please understand I do not want to raise shipping but we feel we are way overdue so far as just keeping up with postage/packaging costs.
GoldenWheels is offline  
Old 05-09-17, 04:37 PM
  #30  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,705
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

I'm amazed you've been able to hold off raising shipping fees for such a lengthy time! IMHO, $5 *flat* for any size order is quite reasonable, especially considering the way you guys package stuff - one of the best around.
BobO'Link is offline  
Old 05-09-17, 04:47 PM
  #31  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,771
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
I'm amazed you've been able to hold off raising shipping fees for such a lengthy time! IMHO, $5 *flat* for any size order is quite reasonable, especially considering the way you guys package stuff - one of the best around.
Concur. Absolutely warranted. And not just for packaging but for awesome customer service as well. Love EBH
laidbacklarkin is offline  
Old 05-09-17, 04:51 PM
  #32  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,783
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Ugh, I own BOTH those Rolling Stones concert Blu Rays

I did buy:
Peter Gabriel New Blood (I might already own it, but not the Deluxe version)
Crossfire Hurricane (Rolling Stones documentary)
Springsteen & I
Elvis Collection
Billy Bathgate/Blaze
Decker is offline  
Old 05-10-17, 12:33 AM
  #33  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,871
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Some good stuff today.
MooMooMooMoo is offline  
Old 05-10-17, 12:58 AM
  #34  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,771
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
Some good stuff today.
elaborate ?
laidbacklarkin is offline  
Old 05-11-17, 12:54 AM
  #35  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,871
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Placed my first order:

SUNSET BOULEVARD - Blu-ray

$5.95

GRAND HOTEL - Blu-ray

$5.95

THE ROLLING STONES--SOME GIRLS: Live in Texas '78 - Blu-ray (this is supposed to be the blu/cd combo per the isbn)
Item #5702453

$7.95

TRACY & HEPBURN: The Signature Collection - DVD
Item #2743051

$5.95

PETER GABRIEL--NEW BLOOD: Live in London - Blu-ray (the big set)
Item #1871226

$7.95

TT with ship: $39.25
MooMooMooMoo is offline  
Old 05-11-17, 02:15 PM
  #36  
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

It won't let me place a link, but BUSTER KEATON: The Short Films Collection 1920-1923 on Blu-Ray is down to $7.95. Seems like a solid price to me.
MSTJon is offline  
Old 05-12-17, 01:40 AM
  #37  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,871
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

That's a great price! I'm not a slapstick fan, but if I was...............
MooMooMooMoo is offline  
Old 05-12-17, 05:36 PM
  #38  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 150
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Originally Posted by MSTJon View Post
It won't let me place a link, but BUSTER KEATON: The Short Films Collection 1920-1923 on Blu-Ray is down to $7.95. Seems like a solid price to me.
Here's a search with the collection in it.
https://www.hamiltonbook.com/product...keaton&cat_id=

Also noted is the OOP Buster Keaton Collection, which includes the 1920-1923 Shorts. It is 99.95 which is half of what new copies go for on Amazon from 3rd party sellers at the moment.
mitch079 is offline  
Old 05-13-17, 12:17 PM
  #39  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 173
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Well crap. The tracking info they provided says my order was delivered by USPS at 10:38 pm last night, but I never received it. Checked around the front door this morning and found nothing. I have emailed Hamilton Books to ask if I need to file a claim with USPS. I ordered the Peter Gabriel set, the Stones Some Girls blu and Viva Zapata.
muggsy is offline  
Old 05-13-17, 01:38 PM
  #40  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,771
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
Well crap. The tracking info they provided says my order was delivered by USPS at 10:38 pm last night, but I never received it. Checked around the front door this morning and found nothing. I have emailed Hamilton Books to ask if I need to file a claim with USPS. I ordered the Peter Gabriel set, the Stones Some Girls blu and Viva Zapata.
Blame it on USPS - its really them, the culprits on most occasions. I had the same issue with a title I shipped out to a buyer on an Amazon transaction. Seller found the disc amidst the bushes, I believe after 2 days and quite a bit of heartburn. Y'day, USPS left my big box of 25 titles from the recent Kino sale, right at the kerb in full view of anyone passing...not even tossing it inside the gate which is like 5 ft from the kerb.
laidbacklarkin is offline  
Old 05-13-17, 02:34 PM
  #41  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 173
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Blame it on USPS - its really them, the culprits on most occasions. I had the same issue with a title I shipped out to a buyer on an Amazon transaction. Seller found the disc amidst the bushes, I believe after 2 days and quite a bit of heartburn. Y'day, USPS left my big box of 25 titles from the recent Kino sale, right at the kerb in full view of anyone passing...not even tossing it inside the gate which is like 5 ft from the kerb.
I'm sure it is USPS. I even checked the bushes around the front door, nothing. And of course I tried to find info on their website and by calling, but got nowhere. And since Hamilton Books shipped Media Mail, USPS will probably be no help whatsoever. If they had actually placed the package by my front door, it would be there. I guess I have to just see if Hamilton Books will respond. Argh.
muggsy is offline  
Old 05-13-17, 03:21 PM
  #42  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
SterlingBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 6,850
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Latest Order:









$99.20 shipped
SterlingBen is offline  
Old 05-13-17, 05:16 PM
  #43  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,871
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
I'm sure it is USPS. I even checked the bushes around the front door, nothing. And of course I tried to find info on their website and by calling, but got nowhere. And since Hamilton Books shipped Media Mail, USPS will probably be no help whatsoever. If they had actually placed the package by my front door, it would be there. I guess I have to just see if Hamilton Books will respond. Argh.
I used to have an issue with them hiding stuff where I couldn't find it, I complained & it solved the problem. That was when I lived in a nice neighborhood. Right now, I'd rather they hid stuff, which here neither them nor fed ex does.
MooMooMooMoo is offline  
Old 05-13-17, 05:46 PM
  #44  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 173
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Never mind, it just showed up on my front step. Don't know if they delivered to wrong address yesterday or just mistakenly marked it as delivered. But it got here.
muggsy is offline  
Old 05-16-17, 05:23 PM
  #45  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 40,783
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

I got my shipment, but it didn't include the Billy Bathgate/Blaze Blu Ray I had ordered. I got an email that it was sold out. Disappointing enough, but I didn't get the money I paid for it refunded to my Paypal account either.
Decker is offline  
Old 05-16-17, 09:40 PM
  #46  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,771
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I got my shipment, but it didn't include the Billy Bathgate/Blaze Blu Ray I had ordered. I got an email that it was sold out. Disappointing enough, but I didn't get the money I paid for it refunded to my Paypal account either.
refunds are always made through checks. Please review their policies. And they send it pretty fast.
laidbacklarkin is offline  
Old 05-17-17, 11:03 AM
  #47  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
GoldenWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,241
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I got my shipment, but it didn't include the Billy Bathgate/Blaze Blu Ray I had ordered. I got an email that it was sold out. Disappointing enough, but I didn't get the money I paid for it refunded to my Paypal account either.
Laidback is right that if it was a mail order, you'd receive a refund by check...but being paypal order, you should not have been charged at all if a title was OOS. We don't finalize the charge until the order is processed on our end, at which point we should know the exact fill.

However, maybe one of our counts was off, etc, and we thought we had 15 of something and we only had 14, or the last one was damaged, etc. (in looking at our inventory for this title...we are at -1 ). If you send your order # and the issue to [email protected] we will be sure to sort it out.
GoldenWheels is offline  
Old 05-17-17, 07:57 PM
  #48  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,871
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Mine's waiting for me at the post office. Looking forward to getting it tomorrow.
MooMooMooMoo is offline  
Old 05-18-17, 09:50 PM
  #49  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,871
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
Placed my first order:

SUNSET BOULEVARD - Blu-ray

$5.95

GRAND HOTEL - Blu-ray

$5.95

THE ROLLING STONES--SOME GIRLS: Live in Texas '78 - Blu-ray (this is supposed to be the blu/cd combo per the isbn)
Item #5702453

$7.95

TRACY & HEPBURN: The Signature Collection - DVD
Item #2743051

$5.95

PETER GABRIEL--NEW BLOOD: Live in London - Blu-ray (the big set)
Item #1871226

$7.95

TT with ship: $39.25
Got my order today. Very pleased all around; I will be back. And you all were right, for $8 that Peter Gabriel set is really cool. My business used to have to charge $8.50 for the blu-ray alone as a clearance item in 2014!
MooMooMooMoo is offline  
Old 12-14-17, 04:02 PM
  #50  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
GoldenWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,241
Re: Select Deals at HamiltonBook.com

Guys, I just wanted to point out that we have removed the .40 per item charge on the website. Shipping is now a flat $4 no matter how much you order.

Got some Code Red blus which should be added in under a week. Will update when that happens.
GoldenWheels is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.