Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Arrow Films 50% Off Sale - Barnes & Noble

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-24, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
Re: Arrow Films 50% Off Sale - Barnes & Noble

Originally Posted by DJariya
Tonight I happened to drop by a local Barnes and Noble to check out their Arrow selection. Normally I don’t shop at the B&M store because the sales tax is 10.25%. I last bought something in there 2 years ago.

My God, the physical media section was completely decimated. It was literally 1 wall for movies. They probably had like 15 Arrow titles tops. I decided to pass on getting anything.

Have any of you visited your local BN store lately? Have they cut their physical media drastically?

I stoppped in last week to by a book for my granddaughter and walked to the back were all the movies and media is.
The movies and records are moved to one side of the room and the rest is being used as storage for shelves and racks that aren’t necessary anymore.
Took A peak at the movies and they had one half rack of three shelves for Arrow. Didn’t bother to look at anything else.

Did pickup The Warriors 4K and Fighting Back this weekend.
Old 01-24-24, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts

So those of you going by B&N, are the movies actually marked for sale or do you have to get them to be scanned to see if a lower price shows?

I am thinking about running by mine tomorrow to just see what they have but my store notoriously unreliable on actually marking anything down so you would never even know it was on sale.
Old 01-24-24, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

YMMV
The following users liked this post:
Spiderbite (01-24-24)
Old 01-24-24, 01:18 PM

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
So those of you going by B&N, are the movies actually marked for sale or do you have to get them to be scanned to see if a lower price shows?

I am thinking about running by mine tomorrow to just see what they have but my store notoriously unreliable on actually marking anything down so you would never even know it was on sale.
My stores very small selection of Arrow titles have to be scanned and show the 50% off price. The only good thing about the titles they have, especially since they obviously have been sitting there for a while, is that they had a handful of Arrow limited ed. titles that have been OOP for a while are still sitting there, like True Romance, Robocop, Tremors, and a few others I can’t recall. I am hoping they get in Conan the Barbarian limited next Tuesday before the sale is over
Spiderbite (01-24-24)
Old 02-03-24, 06:13 AM

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Great night at my local B & N… Tuesday they had 2 4k copies of “ Conan” limited and 2 BR copies. All 4 sold that day when I called in the evening!
They said they had ordered 3 more BR copies as they could get any more 4k copies… I was bummed but decided to just get the BR then when it came in. Called yesterday, no luck! Called this AM, they said call back after 1 or 2 pm. I did, they said they got them in. went down there this evening and wen to small Arrow section and they actually received 3 4k copies! Whoo hoo grabbed my copy and was So pleased that the CSR made a good mistake by saying they were the BR copies!
PhantomStranger (02-03-24)