Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Select Kino titles at Hamilton Book starting at $6.95

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-16, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Select Kino titles at Hamilton Book starting at $6.95

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Personally, I don't see the problem. I'll trade a slash in the upc for a 40-80% savings any day!
This exactly. While I'd rather have no damage I find it acceptable if the savings are good enough. If what's inside is OK then so am I.

I'm bothered far more when I receive a title in a "slim case" rather than a normal keep-case as that generally shows it was pulled from a set, often because more can be made that way than selling the set intact. One was from someone who intentionally cut down the artwork to fit a slim case, I'm sure for space issues. I don't have a problem with someone doing either as long as I know up front that's what I'm getting. I've had that happen with a couple of Amazon MP vendors and I no longer do business with them because of it. Yes, they know why as I left feedback to let them, and others, know I don't like that practice.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 09-15-16 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-15-16, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
A couple of others I'd recommend at those prices (if you don't have them):
http://www.hamiltonbook.com/ronald-r...ial-collection
http://www.hamiltonbook.com/samuel-g...ilm-collection
Thanks! I really like the Boetticher Collector's Choice set, which is one reason the Fuller appealed to me. These look solid too but maybe a little more mainstream-y.
Old 09-15-16, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I'm a net retailer also; though I'm slowly shutting down due to awful business the last 3 years or so.

I had b&m stores in the 80's. I NEVER ran into anyone who minded cutouts until I started selling on the net. The anger at times was quite shocking. And my stores were not in a small town, they were in Seattle. Where truly no one cared.

Personally, I don't see the problem. I'll trade a slash in the upc for a 40-80% savings any day!
I think most people have no problem with cut-outs for themselves. Cut-outs affect two categories of consumers. Purchasing the item as a gift or for later resale value.

I never had problems with cut-outs, a good chunk of my music collection is that way.
Old 09-15-16, 02:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
And thanks for the thread guys, seriously! I am trying to expand blu but the bargain market for it is not great, period, and on big studio stuff it's near impossible for me to beat the 5$ prices you'll find on Amazon.
My first order arrived well-packed and very timely. A couple of titles came with UPC slashes but after popping them into a new case, you would have to inspect with a magnifying glass to notice. Since I do not have to pay tax via your store, I would prefer to pay a bit more and do business with you folks and avoid Amazon whenever I can. However, if I had placed the same order with Amazon, I would have paid significantly more even before tax. Thank you for terrific service and pricing. I will be placing that follow-up order soon!
Old 09-15-16, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Without knowing what you will get, cut-outs are always risky. Because not all cut-outs are created equal. Music CD's (for example) often were not only done with a some kind of large saw, which destroyed much of the insert artwork, they often would end up hitting and damaging the disc.

And while they tend to do less to DVD's and BD's, there often is still damage to the artwork. That works for some people, but not all.

But mostly I just want places to be honest that what will be shipped is cut-out of some sort.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 09-16-16 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-16-16, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I fully disclose cutouts now. When I started on the net in the late 90's, I honestly didn't know anyone cared!