Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens BluRay/DVD combo pack

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-16, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens BluRay/DVD combo pack

You have to wait 14 weeks to receive your cashback?
Old 04-09-16, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Mine is now pending. Sucks I have to wait a few weeks as it was ship to store, but I can deal.
Old 04-10-16, 06:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

According to post times, looks like I ordered about 8 hours before Deftones, but still nothing in my account. Walmart.com says my order already shipped.

Looks like it's still $19.96 as of this morning.
Wonder if I should try to reorder again...
Old 04-10-16, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat. Ordered 12 hours ago and no line item on the TopCashBack site. I did get an email that "you have clicked through from TopCashback to one of our cashback stores", so am assuming it's okay.
Old 04-10-16, 08:11 PM

My pending credit came through at 2pm today, so about 15 hours for processing. Happy, happy.
Old 04-11-16, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

It says my "Estimate payable 14 weeks" :\
Old 04-11-16, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by thetao
I'm in the same boat. Ordered 12 hours ago and no line item on the TopCashBack site. I did get an email that "you have clicked through from TopCashback to one of our cashback stores", so am assuming it's okay.
Still nothing, not even the email.
Old 04-11-16, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
It says my "Estimate payable 14 weeks" :\
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
You have to wait 14 weeks to receive your cashback?
Mine says the same as well. I have a feeling we are all going to come back here three months from now saying WTF happened with my free money!

Another thing that sucks is at that point it's going to be outside of the return window as well. And I'm supposed to wait around for three months before opening the damn thing just in case they cancel it?
Old 04-11-16, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Mine says the same as well. I have a feeling we are all going to come back here three months from now saying WTF happened with my free money!

Another thing that sucks is at that point it's going to be outside of the return window as well. And I'm supposed to wait around for three months before opening the damn thing just in case they cancel it?
Yeah.
Lol.
I opened the claim form to see what all I needed(even though it said to wait 2-3 weeks before filing a claim) and it auto-populated with all of my order info!! Including time and date I ordered. So why doesn't it show as even pending?
Old 04-11-16, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

14 weeks? over 3 months to get my money? I put this order on a credit card, so that means 3 months of interest....granted not a lot , but still....

maybe that 69 cents was supposed to cover interest?
Old 04-11-16, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

It's $22.
I'm fine with waiting - it's not going to break the bank, and I was going to buy the movie anyhow.

Plus, I'm in no rush to get the disc, so I can wait a few weeks for in-store pickup.
Old 04-11-16, 12:24 PM

as long as I get my $22, then I will be okay. I will not be happy if I end up paying $22 for this movie. 1) I never pay more than $5 for any blu-ray, and 2) I didn't particularly like this movie. I am only getting because it is 'free' and trying to give it another chance.

I think if Topchoice doesn't come through on their promise, they will lose a lot of business....at least from us DVDtalkers!
Old 04-11-16, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Dang right on that. Don't mess with us.

DVD Talkers become DVD Stalkers.
Old 04-11-16, 12:36 PM

Does Walmart really have a 90 day return policy? Target used to, but they changed media to 30 days.
Old 04-11-16, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Steve
.... I didn't particularly like this movie. I am only getting because it is 'free' and trying to give it another chance....
LOL - you just posted a "I don't like Star Wars" comment on a "I love Star Wars" forum - good luck buddy
Old 04-13-16, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve
14 weeks? over 3 months to get my money? I put this order on a credit card, so that means 3 months of interest....granted not a lot , but still....

maybe that 69 cents was supposed to cover interest?
If you are using credit cards this way then you shouldn't have credit cards.
Old 04-14-16, 10:03 PM

Huh.

Just got an email from them saying that I clicked through to a merchant a week ago, but didn't complete a purchase.

They sent a survey asking why I didn't purchase and said if I did purchase I may need to file a missing cashback claim, but some retailers take longer to post cashback than others?
Old 04-15-16, 01:32 PM

Can't we update the subject to say DEAD DEAL?
Old 04-15-16, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just picked up my order at Walmart

But their system was down so they couldn't close down my order

So odds are still in my favor that this whole thing will get fucked up
Old 04-15-16, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I just picked up my order at Walmart
Just got notification I can pick up mine, as well...
Old 04-15-16, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Although I could wait until next Thursday to get the notification, it would be nice if I got notification sometime this weekend or Monday morning as I'll be going by my local Walmart on Monday afternoon/evening.
Old 04-16-16, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

It is so amazingly stupid that a huge corporation like Wal-Mart couldn't do a better job integrating their website with their stores. There is no reason why I should have to wait for a copy to be mailed to the local store instead of just having someone pull one off a shelf. Plus, it costs them more money to do it that way. Then, to make matters even worse, the tracking doesn't even work for items that are shipped for store pick up.

I know a lot of people complain about store pick up at Best Buy, but at least if they have something in stock, I don't have to wait 2 weeks to pick it up.
Old 04-16-16, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by collven
It is so amazingly stupid that a huge corporation like Wal-Mart couldn't do a better job integrating their website with their stores. There is no reason why I should have to wait for a copy to be mailed to the local store instead of just having someone pull one off a shelf.
Which is why I don't shop Wal-Mart, except for theoretical freebie deals like this. I don't really care if I get Force Awakens today or in two weeks if I can snag for no cash.

Now we wait and see if this cashback offer comes through. And if that takes a few weeks I don't care either. It's 20$ - worse case is I bought Force Awakens, which I would have anyhow.

I can wait...
Old 04-16-16, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

It is so amazingly stupid that a huge corporation like Wal-Mart couldn't do a better job integrating their website with their stores. There is no reason why I should have to wait for a copy to be mailed to the local store instead of just having someone pull one off a shelf. Plus, it costs them more money to do it that way. Then, to make matters even worse, the tracking doesn't even work for items that are shipped for store pick up.

I know a lot of people complain about store pick up at Best Buy, but at least if they have something in stock, I don't have to wait 2 weeks to pick it up.
WM and their lack of store/web integration is simply embarrassing for such a large corporation. They don't even have a good handle on in-stock items at the local stores yet promote ordering groceries online and picking them up in the store. In *every* case I've looked online to see if they have something in stock locally they either show the store doesn't carry the product (it does), don't show the product online (very frequent), or show it to be OOS (it rarely is). It even takes longer to PM something from *their own* site than from any other store.

Yes, BB store pickup sucks but it's generally no worse than WM's "site-to-store" program. Both take far longer than they should. But, as you've said, at least BB's inventory system knows if something's in stock so that I *can* swing by the same day as it's ordered and pick it up.
Originally Posted by Pointyskull
Which is why I don't shop Wal-Mart, except for theoretical freebie deals like this. I don't really care if I get Force Awakens today or in two weeks if I can snag for no cash.

Now we wait and see if this cashback offer comes through. And if that takes a few weeks I don't care either. It's 20$ - worse case is I bought Force Awakens, which I would have anyhow.

I can wait...
Yep. I avoid WM if at all possible. Even though it'll cost a couple of $$ more than Amazon should the cashback offer fail (I'm still in a no tax state for Amazon) I'd have purchased this anyway and am in no hurry. I'm making the "purchase" mainly for completeness sake.
Old 04-16-16, 11:52 AM

I'll take Best Buy store pickup over Walmart always. At least Best Buy consistently has someone at their pickup counter. The Walmart closest to me just closed down but there was never anyone staffing the pickup counter. 5 or more employees would walk by and say they would call someone but no one would ever show up. Pushing the button on the credit card reader to ask for assistance was futile also. I think I gave up on about 90% of my in store pickup orders.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.