Batman: The Complete Television Series (Region Free Blu-ray) at Amazon.it

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davidh777
So far this year (Recap)..

Pat Harrington (Payed the Super on 'On Day at a Time')
Richard Libertini (Comedic actor in 'The In-Laws', 'All of Me', etc..)
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Boutros Boutros-Ghali (Former U.N. Secretary-General)
Tom Mullica (Comedy Magician)
Sylvia Anderson (Co-Creator of 'The Thunderbirds')
Joe Santos (Actor on 'The Rockford Files')
Garry Shandling (Comedian)
Willie Williams (Ex Los Angeles and Philadelphia police chief)
Phillip Kives (K-Tel Founder)
Print Wikipost

Batman: The Complete Television Series (Region Free Blu-ray) at Amazon.it

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-16, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Batman: The Complete Television Series (Region Free Blu-ray) - $62.82 at Amazon.i

Originally Posted by danstheday
Amazon.it has the series for 29.99 euro. When I added it to my cart the cart price said 24.99 euro, with shipping it came out to 43 us shipped.
That's what I thought. I was thinking weren't they just 40-something dollars just a few days ago. How could they Jack it up to 60-something?
Old 05-09-16, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: Batman: The Complete Television Series (Region Free Blu-ray) - $62.82 at Amazon.i

Amazon.it has the series on sale for (USD) $32.86 shipped. (Saw it on slickdeals)
Old 05-09-16, 09:12 AM
Banned

After owning the "Limited" edition for a short while now, I can say that the $70 I paid was probably a mistake. After the initial rush I got after receiving it, I realized the extras were not that great. I would have preferred a full-sized book that really did a retrospective on the entire series. The little Adam West Scrapbook is okay, but there's nothing n that box that I couldn't live without. If I had to do it all over again, I would snatch up the Italian version instead and save the $40.

And those who spent upwards of $200 should be screaming foul because I bet this will be an Amazon Gold Box Deal at a fraction of what I even paid—limited my behind! The studios have only themselves to blame for the indifference many of us feel to their bloated pricing and claims. The smarter ones wait—in some cases only weeks to save handily. I want the upcoming "Monkees" set but there's no way in hell I am paying their asking price of $200. I may lose out but I doubt it.
Old 05-09-16, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 2,052 Likes on 1,353 Posts
Originally Posted by Match
Amazon.it has the series on sale for (USD) $32.86 shipped. (Saw it on slickdeals)
Died pretty quickly, unfortunately.
Old 05-09-16, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought the $70 Limited Edition on Amazon AFTER I paid $52 for the Italian import, so I'm doubly remorseful now.
Old 05-09-16, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,117 Likes on 917 Posts

I bought the U.S. version because I wanted the digital codes. I held out till it was $99 on BF, and of course it dropped even further a few months later, but at least I had watched season 1 by then.

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Amazon didn't really -- this thread was started 12 months ago and people just keep adding onto the end of it rather than restarting a new thread.
I'm not really a fan of starting a new thread when a title goes on sale frequently because a lot of questions might be asked multiple times, like "Will this play in Region A?" etc. (Of course they might still be asked by people who don't read the whole thread, but at least the info is there in one place and easy to find.)
Old 05-09-16, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 927 Likes on 782 Posts

I understand the licensing problems but Fox/WB cost themselves holding out releasing this set so long. It would have sold much better just a few years ago.
Old 05-09-16, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 366 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronSch
I want the upcoming "Monkees" set but there's no way in hell I am paying their asking price of $200. I may lose out but I doubt it.
Had no idea they were releasing the "Monkees" on Blu-ray. I had Season 1 & 2 on Dvd. Sold them for a pretty penny, just can't see paying $200 for the Blu-rays.
Old 05-09-16, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

Yeah, certainly don't be the chimp who pays top dollar when the ink hasn't even dried off the box sets.

Wait for that ink to dry!
Old 05-10-16, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Re: Batman: The Complete Television Series (Region Free Blu-ray) at Amazon.it

I took the price out of the title.
Old 05-10-16, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 104 Posts

This thread may be a good candidate for a wiki post.
Old 05-10-16, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Done.
Old 05-11-16, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

$32.80 from amazon.it right now! Hurry before it's gone.
Old 05-13-16, 04:27 AM

I finally snagged one at this price! Every time I looked it the price had already increased. Thanks, Adam!
Old 05-13-16, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 262 Likes on 229 Posts

Just now ordered one at 32.77 (though I guess it depends on the exchange rate when they complete the order). That's the first time I completed an order in a foreign language. That's kinda scary.
Old 05-13-16, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

You are now officially a DVD Talk member.
Old 05-13-16, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,117 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
This thread may be a good candidate for a wiki post.
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Done.
I added the earlier-posted info about region-free, English menus, and corrected discs.
Old 05-13-16, 11:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kahuna
Had no idea they were releasing the "Monkees" on Blu-ray. I had Season 1 & 2 on Dvd. Sold them for a pretty penny, just can't see paying $200 for the Blu-rays.
Yes...it's been pushed back a couple of times and is currently scheduled to be released on June 24th. I may relent because it will have a very limited run at just 10,000 and I don't think I should gamble with this one. Hey Hey We're The Monkees!
Old 05-14-16, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,402 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronSch
Yes...it's been pushed back a couple of times and is currently scheduled to be released on June 24th. I may relent because it will have a very limited run at just 10,000 and I don't think I should gamble with this one. Hey Hey We're The Monkees!
I would be surprised if you have to worry at the price they are asking.

Twilight Time and other small, limited release vendors can hardly sell limited 3,000 copy issues of better known movies.

I wouldn't mind having the Monkees on BD but not at the price they are asking. If it has a hard time selling, the price will dip substantially eventually.

I would only buy it right off if you are a super fan and have to have it.
Old 05-14-16, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 761 Likes on 551 Posts

I just couldn't resist any longer for ~$33 shipped. My youngest granddaughter (age 5) *loves* the show so I may give her my DVD set to take home... but then I wouldn't have that great bonding time when she comes in and asks to watch Batman (usually a Catwoman episode), so maybe not...

And I'm absolutely waiting for a price drop on The Monkees. While I love the show I'm quite happy with my DVDs considering the current BR price. If it *doesn't* come down, or actually sells out, I can still be happy with my DVD copies. $200 is double what that set should cost on release day and even $100 is more than I'm willing to pay. And don't spout "music costs" BS as the reason for the cost as I just purchased a full set of their first 5 albums (the Rhino "Original Album Series" set) on CD for a pittance - $9.99, new, from Amazon.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 05-14-16 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-03-16, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 262 Likes on 229 Posts

When I ordered the "Batman" set I was given a ETA of mid-June (about one month), which seemed extreme. However, it showed up on the last day of May, and in good condition.
Old 06-03-16, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 761 Likes on 551 Posts

Mine arrived a couple of days ago in excellent condition. Considering it was in one of those "wrap around" type cardboard shippers I'm amazed it arrived at all. To take the set out all I had to do was pull a end "flap" out - the flap came out with no resistance and I slid the set out. I could have put it back together with no signs of tampering.