DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   VCI discounts and deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/623780-vci-discounts-deals.html)

SterlingBen 01-02-20 08:21 PM

Re: New VCI Website Is Up Focusing On Blu's

They are local to me, I wonder how much it would be to buy their operation?

Brian T 03-18-20 09:59 AM

VCI St. Patrick's Day and Spring Madness Sale is up.

That's Right, we're having the first big sale of 2020!
Our new website is humming along, and it's time for a little Spring Fling!
And, just about every DVD & Blu-ray is 60% off!
Use Code SPRING at checkout
The only exception
all Kit Parker Films & Sprocket Vault titles are sale priced at 25% off.
Some ok deals there . . . :)

Adam Tyner 03-18-20 02:45 PM

Wow! I'm not sure if I'll pull the trigger (since I'm drowning in media at the moment already), but I put three titles in my cart:
  • Santa Claus
  • Dark Night of the Scarecrow
  • Twilight People
...and it came to $30.76 shipped: just over $10 a title! That same order is $52.97 at Amazon.

BobO'Link 03-18-20 03:32 PM

Just watch the discount. There are a few titles that *don't* get the discount but nothing tells you otherwise. You must pay attention to the $$ amount in your cart to catch them.

DVD Polizei 03-18-20 04:07 PM

Code isn't working for the Noir volumes, either.

Brian T 03-18-20 04:38 PM

If you’re referring to the Noir Archive sets, those are part of the Kit Parker label, so as mentioned above they’re already discounted 25% and the other code won’t work.

As for other titles not working, those might also be Kit Parker or Sprocket Vault titles, which isn’t always clear. It would be easier if they specified right in the listing titles. It doesn’t help that all three labels seem to use the same graphic designer.

laidbacklarkin 03-18-20 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Brian T (Post 13707055)
If you’re referring to the Noir Archive sets, those are part of the Kit Parker label, so as mentioned above they’re already discounted 25% and the other code won’t work.

As for other titles not working, those might also be Kit Parker or Sprocket Vault titles, which isn’t always clear. It would be easier if they specified right in the listing titles. It doesn’t help that all three labels seem to use the same graphic designer.

Pull up title on Blu-ray.com and it will tell you what studio

BobO'Link 03-18-20 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Brian T (Post 13707055)

I missed that bit - both in the message above and the email they sent. The titles I found that aren't included are all Kit Parker titles.

MooMooMooMoo 03-18-20 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei (Post 13707035)
Code isn't working for the Noir volumes, either.

It says in the email that the Kit Parker sets are already 25% off & the code isn't supposed to work on them work, that is correct.

DVD Polizei 03-24-20 06:23 PM

Anything worth getting? Just curious what others are buying.

MooMooMooMoo 03-27-20 04:48 PM

I'm interested in 4 Star Playhouse (DVD), but want to know if it's burned or pressed.

Toddarino 03-28-20 09:15 PM

Thankfully I couldn’t find anything worthwhile.

Brian T 03-30-20 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei (Post 13711305)
Anything worth getting? Just curious what others are buying.

Bit late here, but I ordered these Blu-rays last week:

BLOOD AND BLACK LACE
BRUCE'S DEADLY FINGERS
GORGO
HUMAN MONSTER
LEG FIGHTER'S
ONE MILLION B.C.

$68.70 shipped.

Looking forward to more of those Pearl River releases of old HK/Taiwan movies like Leg Fighters. I already have Arrow's Blood & Black Lace, but I'm curious to see the alternative supplements on VCI's version.

PhantomStranger 03-31-20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Brian T (Post 13715000)
Bit late here, but I ordered these Blu-rays last week:

BLOOD AND BLACK LACE
BRUCE'S DEADLY FINGERS
GORGO
HUMAN MONSTER
LEG FIGHTER'S
ONE MILLION B.C.

$68.70 shipped.

Looking forward to more of those Pearl River releases of old HK/Taiwan movies like Leg Fighters. I already have Arrow's Blood & Black Lace, but I'm curious to see the alternative supplements on VCI's version.

https://www.doblu.com/2018/10/25/bloodandblacklace/

Probably worth it for huge fans of Blood & Black Lace.

g 04-01-20 01:24 AM

Got
Televisions Lost Classics volume 2 BD
and Mr. Wong detective Complete Collection DVD

Tried to keep the order small. Wanted to See the Nero Wolfe show with William Shatner on the BD.​​​​​​

MooMooMooMoo 04-01-20 06:58 PM

Mr Wong is awesome, though I have the Roan. Would be curious how pic quality compares.

BobO'Link 04-01-20 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 13716507)
Mr Wong is awesome, though I have the Roan. Would be curious how pic quality compares.

I have the Roan of that set, too. It was specifically selected due to reviews indicating it was the best version available.

MooMooMooMoo 11-25-20 07:17 PM

VCI BF Sale Includes 2 Flicker Alley Mary Pickford Blu's @ $20.97 Ea

These are currently $35 ea on FA's site:

https://www.vcientertainment.com/pro...n-the-cricket/
https://www.vcientertainment.com/pro...-annie-rooney/

Main Sale:
https://www.vcientertainment.com/pro.../black-friday/

laidbacklarkin 11-25-20 09:08 PM

Re: VCI BF Sale Includes 2 Flicker Alley Mary Pickford Blu's @ $20.97 Ea

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 13848994)

Ordered both, thank you

MooMooMooMoo 11-26-20 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin (Post 13849049)
Ordered both, thank you

I'd like to; concerned that I'm spending too much money already. Both of my sources of income aren't as stable as usual right now.

Brian T 11-26-20 06:10 PM

This is part of a bigger addition of 'curated' lines to their Black Friday sale. From their email blast yesterday:

You could say we have “curated” (we love that word!) a special collection of movie offerings that we think compliments and expands our own exclusive content. We are now featuring DVD and Blu-rays from our friends at: Kit Parker Films, Arrow Video, Blue Underground, MVD Entertainment, Classic Flix, Film Rise and S’more Entertainment, with more titles and studios to follow weekly. Below is just a small sample of some we have added. We hope you enjoy the new selection.

NOW WE'RE INCLUDING THE CURRATED TITLES
IN THE BLACK FRIDAY SALE!
ALL CURRATED TITLES ARE PRICED NOW AT
40% OFF THE SRP PRICE!
(Quantities may be limited. These Prices are subject to change, so don't delay...order today!)

MooMooMooMoo 11-30-20 06:31 PM

I broke down & nabbed the 2 Pickford's due to the pricing, very reasonable shipping & no tax.

PhantomStranger 12-01-20 09:23 PM

I'll point out Riders of Death Valley for older serial fans. Just came out literally last week and the BD is only $8.75 during the sale. Action-packed western serial from Universal with a big line-up of stars in the ensemble.

https://www.vcientertainment.com/pro...ition-blu-ray/

Blu-ray Review

MooMooMooMoo 12-01-20 09:58 PM

Warning: The Bela Lugosi "restored" Blu-ray of The Human Monster is Really Poor Quality. Other than some scratch removal they did on the blu, my Roan DVD is higher quality (both audio & video). At least it was only $8.00.

MooMooMooMoo 12-11-20 03:09 PM

They're back to their slow shipping. Ordered the Pickford's 11/30. Called today asking for a tracking #. First the woman said they couldn't upload them them to the website because of a 500-900 order backlog that she has to handle by herself, & that their fulfillment center refused to do so.

She did email me a tracking #. Label was created yesterday (10 days after ordering). Has not yet been scanned by the USPS, & as it shipped from PA (East Coast) the way things are going with DeJoy & the USPS I'll be lucky to get it this year.

laidbacklarkin 12-11-20 03:41 PM

I received the first order from the BF sale that I placed a couple of days before this one. that was pretty fast as I received it almost a week ago

MooMooMooMoo 12-11-20 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin (Post 13856480)
I received the first order from the BF sale that I placed a couple of days before this one. that was pretty fast as I received it almost a week ago

My first BF VCI order was also much faster than usual for VCI. This one is ridiculous. Are you saying you've already received the Pickford's?

laidbacklarkin 12-11-20 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 13856492)
My first BF VCI order was also much faster than usual for VCI. This one is ridiculous. Are you saying you've already received the Pickford's?

no, I haven’t. No movement at all on the Pickfords

laidbacklarkin 12-11-20 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 13856455)
They're back to their slow shipping. Ordered the Pickford's 11/30. Called today asking for a tracking #. First the woman said they couldn't upload them them to the website because of a 500-900 order backlog that she has to handle by herself, & that their fulfillment center refused to do so.

She did email me a tracking #. Label was created yesterday (10 days after ordering). Has not yet been scanned by the USPS, & as it shipped from PA (East Coast) the way things are going with DeJoy & the USPS I'll be lucky to get it this year.

As a backup, I had ordered these two titles from Amazon via importcds (the same parent company as DeepDiscount) on 12/4. There was no update on that order as well. Reached out via Amazon and an automated response email said it was shipped 12/5. Tracking status shows only pre-shipment/label generated on 12/5 and theres been no update since. Doesn't seem like that order will go anywhere. I detest the fact that a shipping notification is generated when a label is generated - it should ideally be when the first scan is performed on it. The same happened to my Best Buy BF order of 'BladeRunner 2049' 4k with a refund at the end

laidbacklarkin 12-15-20 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 13856455)

any movement on that shipping label ? its been crickets on this side

MooMooMooMoo 12-15-20 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin (Post 13858512)
any movement on that shipping label ? its been crickets on this side

Yes. Paid 11/30, Printed 12/10, scanned at local PA post office 12/14, "in Transit" 12/15; tentative arrival date next Monday 12/21.

I am not happy with VCI. It's may be problematic for them, but they need to share tracking #'s in this day & age. Also not ok to print label 10 days after payment, & wait 4 days to take to the post office.

laidbacklarkin 12-15-20 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 13858597)
Yes. Paid 11/30, Printed 12/10, scanned at local PA post office 12/14, "in Transit" 12/15; tentative arrival date next Monday 12/21.

I am not happy with VCI. It's may be problematic for them, but they need to share tracking #'s in this day & age. Also not ok to print label 10 days after payment, & wait 4 days to take to the post office.

Good to know. The pandemic is having a major impact on retailers and USPS. Am glad it made its way from VCI to USPS but its becoming a challenge to think everything will be ok following that. USPS is facing enormous challenges keeping up with package delivery. Just no SLAs anymore. And if involves handover across systems (UPS Mail Innovations -> USPS), its even worse. My importcds order just shows 12/5 pre-shipment and no progress after that at all. Two of my Costco packages are stuck with USPS for 3 days now with no change in status. One of my eBay shipments though First class mail is stuck for 3 days with no change in status - how do you even guarantee your customer an approximate delivery date anymore with any sense of assurance ? Such a mess

MooMooMooMoo 12-15-20 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin (Post 13858622)
Good to know. The pandemic is having a major impact on retailers and USPS. Am glad it made its way from VCI to USPS but its becoming a challenge to think everything will be ok following that. USPS is facing enormous challenges keeping up with package delivery. Just no SLAs anymore. And if involves handover across systems (UPS Mail Innovations -> USPS), its even worse. My importcds order just shows 12/5 pre-shipment and no progress after that at all. Two of my Costco packages are stuck with USPS for 3 days now with no change in status. One of my eBay shipments though First class mail is stuck for 3 days with no change in status - how do you even guarantee your customer an approximate delivery date anymore with any sense of assurance ? Such a mess

And VCI doesn't even do the packing & shipping themselves. The use an unnamed "Fulfillment Center"

laidbacklarkin 12-16-20 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 13858705)
And VCI doesn't even do the packing & shipping themselves. The use an unnamed "Fulfillment Center"

my first order that was fulfilled came from MVD

MooMooMooMoo 12-16-20 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin (Post 13858732)
my first order that was fulfilled came from MVD

I didn't look on my last order, as it came really fast (& was ordered just a week or so before this mess).

Captsmee.00 12-18-20 10:25 AM

Ordered VCI on BF and got it a few days ago. Beat my Severin & Vinegar Syndrome orders

laidbacklarkin 12-18-20 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 13858705)

called VCI a few mins ago, got a tracking #, was shipped 12/10, tracking shows in transit for an expected delivery of 12/21. She said fulfillment company is not equipped to send order shipment email.

MooMooMooMoo 12-19-20 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin (Post 13859950)
called VCI a few mins ago, got a tracking #, was shipped 12/10, tracking shows in transit for an expected delivery of 12/21. She said fulfillment company is not equipped to send order shipment email.

Yep that's about what she told me. If they want to compete in 2021, they need a new fulfillment center.

paste1999 12-19-20 11:33 AM

Does anyone know where they are shipping out of? I did my first order with VCI during the Black Friday sale. It was only one item, but other than the initial order confirmation, nothing from VCI. I just saw that I have a package coming in from Pottstown, PA and was wondering if that package is from VCI.

laidbacklarkin 12-19-20 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by paste1999 (Post 13860424)
Does anyone know where they are shipping out of? I did my first order with VCI during the Black Friday sale. It was only one item, but other than the initial order confirmation, nothing from VCI. I just saw that I have a package coming in from Pottstown, PA and was wondering if that package is from VCI.

yes that package from Pottstown PA is from VCI