Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

FYE - Buy 1 Used Get 1 Used For $1

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-14, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYE - Buy 1 Used Get 1 Used For $1

Not sure if you guys have done business with FYE lately but they have a good sale going on in their used media section.

Buy 1 get 1 for $1(equal or lesser value).

Picked up 4 Blu Rays

Emperors New Groove
Lady And The Tramp
Oliver and Company
Bambi

$38 n change… not a bad haul at a little less than $10 each for Disney flicks.

The movies were in perfect condition, complete with slip cases and literature.
Just letting y'all know Happy New Year
Old 01-05-14, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: FYE - Buy 1 Used Get 1 Used For $1

Thanks, OP. I happen to have a store near me. I will have to check it out tomorrow.
Old 01-05-14, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Overpar
Thanks, OP. I happen to have a store near me. I will have to check it out tomorrow.
It might be too late. Some posters over at blu-ray.com say that this sale ends today.
Old 01-05-14, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jessecrx
Not sure if you guys have done business with FYE lately but they have a good sale going on in their used media section.

Buy 1 get 1 for $1(equal or lesser value).

Picked up 4 Blu Rays

Emperors New Groove
Lady And The Tramp
Oliver and Company
Bambi

$38 n change… not a bad haul at a little less than $10 each for Disney flicks.

The movies were in perfect condition, complete with slip cases and literature.
Just letting y'all know Happy New Year
I was there yesterday, and picked up what I thought was Lady And The Tramp. Got home and found out it was the DTV sequel...arrrggghh! The covers look almost identical...but the DTV has Scamp at the bottom.
Old 01-05-14, 09:18 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

I wish I could be certain the discs would be scuff/scratch free, my only experiences with FYE and their used DVDs haven't been that great. I've never ordered any from FYE online, only ever bought them in-store, opened them up once purchased (while still in the store), one was scuffed but because it was OOP and I wanted it badly enough that I kept it, cleaned up well enough at home that I was happy finding it. But two of them were scuffed/scratched so badly I immediately returned them for a refund. They claim their discs are inspected/guaranteed, from my experience they're apparently not inspected very well, at least at the 2 stores nearest me. I'd hate to have to drive to Niles (15 mi.) or Hermitage (23 mi.) just to return any DVDs/BDs I'd purchased online. I like browsing the stores, I just don't get over there often enough.
Old 01-05-14, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sale will apparently be changing over in a few days, or so I was informed when I asked how much longer it will be going on in the shop I visited yesterday. They've been running it since the day after Christmas, and this is the last weekend for it. Pretty sure he said it ends mid week, so hurry in if you want to take advantage of it.
Old 01-05-14, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry for not posting this sooner.
I had just gone into the mall to do some after Christmas shopping yesterday and I just happened to come across the sale. I had no intention of shopping for blu's at the mall.

Hope some of you were able to score some goodies
Old 01-05-14, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kd5
I wish I could be certain the discs would be scuff/scratch free, my only experiences with FYE and their used DVDs haven't been that great. I've never ordered any from FYE online, only ever bought them in-store, opened them up once purchased (while still in the store), one was scuffed but because it was OOP and I wanted it badly enough that I kept it, cleaned up well enough at home that I was happy finding it. But two of them were scuffed/scratched so badly I immediately returned them for a refund. They claim their discs are inspected/guaranteed, from my experience they're apparently not inspected very well, at least at the 2 stores nearest me. I'd hate to have to drive to Niles (15 mi.) or Hermitage (23 mi.) just to return any DVDs/BDs I'd purchased online. I like browsing the stores, I just don't get over there often enough.
That sucks to hear.
I've bought used discs there before and luckily all of them have been pristine. I am pretty picky about the condition of my discs as well. I spoke to the manager about the possibility of getting a damaged disc and he said they'd swap it, no questions asked. He also mentioned that he trains his team to only accept perfect disks. I wish all stores had this kinda policy.
Old 01-05-14, 11:47 AM

FYE is still around? All the one in my area of Southern California went out of business years ago. I guess looking at the store locater there are a few left in Torrance and Hawthorne. That's assuming the sale crosses all of their names. Wherehouse, FYE and Suncoast? If not then there is just one in Torrance and one in Orange County.
Old 01-05-14, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jessecrx
Sorry for not posting this sooner.
I had just gone into the mall to do some after Christmas shopping yesterday and I just happened to come across the sale. I had no intention of shopping for blu's at the mall.

Hope some of you were able to score some goodies
Hard to post a deal sooner when you didn't know about it. I'm heading out to the mall today, so your post is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-05-14, 07:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
I wish I could be certain the discs would be scuff/scratch free, my only experiences with FYE and their used DVDs haven't been that great.
I always ask them to open the shrink wrap on the used discs so I can see the condition they're in before I commit to buy. They've never refused me (tho some stores/clerks are more begrudgingly accommodating than others). It's generally a 50/50 chance of a pristine disc vs. a scratched one, so I don't take chances.
The scratched ones puzzle me: my experiences with selling used discs to them in the past have always been that they're very picky about what they take. ...So where do all these scratched discs come from?!
Old 01-06-14, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The sale was still going on at my local FYE today. I picked up the Star Trek TNG Blu-rays for Season 3&4 for $61.00 total. Otherwise, there wasn't too much I was interested in.
Old 01-07-14, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

My local FYE is a haven for stolen product being traded in. Mostly everything in their "Just traded" section is still in the factory shrink wrap. It's a good way for me to pick up multiple new releases at a dirt cheap price.
Old 01-07-14, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
My local FYE is a haven for stolen product being traded in. Mostly everything in their "Just traded" section is still in the factory shrink wrap. It's a good way for me to pick up multiple new releases at a dirt cheap price.
My local pawn shops are the same here as well. But they take the wrapping off and keep them behind the counter to prevent customers from messing them up. The other used stuff is out on the displays.