Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Warner Bros. digibooks --> 6.49 at buy.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-13, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: Warner Bros. digibooks --> 6.49 at buy.com

Originally Posted by joe_b
Same here (back in August). It's been at least a year and a half to two years since I bought anything from buy.com. I can't recall making a purchase there since the rebranding.

I received a letter in the mail yesterday from "Datapak Services Corporation", a company that processes payments for various online businesses (or so they claim). They informed me that malware was detected on their system back in March and that my personal billing information may have been compromised. Makes me wonder if it's in any way related to this Rakuten fiasco. The timeline certainly adds up. Anyone else here get a letter? I know a couple members mentioned getting it in the otter forum.
Received the same letter in the mail today as well from Datapak
Old 10-07-13, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts
Re: Warner Bros. digibooks --> 6.49 at buy.com

A member at bluray.com has posted that these Datapak letters are related to WBShop.com. I know I shopped there just a months or two before the fraudulent charges were attempted on my account. Looks like getting the complete Fringe on BD for $20 came with a hell of a price. WBShop has never really had their act together and this is just the nail in the coffin. Unless they start accepting PayPal, I'm never using them again.