Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$15 Coupon for Once Upon a Time Season 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-13, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $15 Coupon for Once Upon a Time Season 2

Originally Posted by Manzana
Yes, and I hope some people will post approximate quantities seen at each B&M store. I'm going to guess 4-12 copies at "the big 3" B&M, but maybe OUAT is more popular than I realize and they'll have more. Sadly it's a risk I'm going to avoid this time.

I'm pretty sure (99%) that Amazon's $15 off coupon is pre-tax while at Target the $15 off coupon will be post tax, plus Amazon's tax rate is 2% lower than my local rate (I don't know why). So, according to my math the 5% Red Card discount on the pre-coupon balance but paying tax on the $15 off at Target vs. Amazon's lower tax rate on the after-coupon price without 5% off works out to a difference of... <drum roll> 28 cents!

So it's a pure wash to me. Normally I would've gone the B&M route because if I decided to return it's easier with no shipping cost. However (and this is the big however), Target's inventory on many recent releases have been despicable... 4 copies for the whole week which are gone within the first 1-2 hours. Sometimes they really strain themselves and get a whole 12 copies for the week, but if you live in an area with 50,000 people within a few miles, those 12 copies don't last long. Bottomline: I'll pay 28 cents more to be guaranteed to get a copy than to have to fight/worry about Target being OOS before I get to the store because they are too cheap to invest in a sufficient amount of copies (probably ditto for Walmart and BB). The fact my evil job screwed my schedule over and I can no longer get to Target between 8-10 AM ever, that was the final factor. A bird in the hand (Amazon) is worth 2 in the bush (B&M).
Is your time worth anything? The amount of time you waste writing to complain about the most trivial of things must cost you more than the price of the media you're 'trying' to buy, let alone any savings you go through hell to figure out how to get.
Old 08-12-13, 02:49 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Old 08-13-13, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Now his job screws him over too.
Old 08-13-13, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
For anyone who buys this on Tuesday, please report back if there is any $10 off coupon inside the packaging.
No coupons in mine (purchased at Target). She looked pretty hard at that $15 coupon but thankfully didn't deny it. There were only two copies on the shelf. Glad I was there shortly after it opened.
Old 08-13-13, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

For anyone who buys this on Tuesday, please report back if there is any $10 off coupon inside the packaging.
None in my copy purchased from Amazon. I was going to say sometimes they are missing and to wait for others to respond but I see someone already responded that they did not get a coupon ether. Nashville (DVD only) had a clipped coupon on Amazon when it was first listed almost a year ago. Perhaps this year ABC's plan is just coupons for individual releases rather than buy one and get a coupon for another purchase. We will soon see as more shows are released.
Old 08-13-13, 05:16 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Happened into a Best Buy today not planning on getting anything. But they had his with an exclusive disc, and some kind soul left a coupon on the shelf. Guess I need to track down season 1 now...
Old 08-13-13, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Trever, did you price match Target prior to using that coupon? I only ask as that would have saved you another $7....
Old 08-13-13, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
Happened into a Best Buy today not planning on getting anything. But they had his with an exclusive disc, and some kind soul left a coupon on the shelf. Guess I need to track down season 1 now...
Any details on bonus disc? Just promotional fluff?
Old 08-14-13, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was able to PM Target's ad at Best Buy and use the coupon without issue. There were still 10 copies on the new release rack when I got there in the late afternoon. However, for those who care about pristine slipcovers, the one on this release seems to be fairly easy to damage. Almost every copy had chips of paint missing on the front to some degree.

I also stopped at Target after Best Buy and they still had 2 bluray copies on the shelf.

Originally Posted by sotra
Any details on bonus disc? Just promotional fluff?
I haven't had a chance to actually look at it but the sticker on the front says that it's a DVD with a 15 minute behind the scenes look at the design and fashion of the show as well as exclusive deleted scenes.
Old 08-15-13, 12:01 AM

no coupons or fliers of any sort in my packaging from best buy.

i was able to get them to PM target and take the manufacturer's coupon, so it came out to $26-something. not bad for a blu-ray season on release week?
Old 08-17-13, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I went ahead and picked this up. Printed out the $15 off coupon, went to Best Buy and had them price match Target's price. I Just showed them the price on the Target site off my phone. Came out to $26.41 after tax.

I have roughly 7-8 episodes to watch before I can watch season 3 next month. This is perfect so I don't have to use Hulu and deal with the commercial breaks.