Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Major Price Error possible at WBShop for a few TVonBlu sets (Treme 1/2 and Hung 1/2)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Major Price Error possible at WBShop for a few TVonBlu sets (Treme 1/2 and Hung 1/2)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-13, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: Major Price Error possible at WBShop for a few TVonBlu sets (Treme 1/2 and Hung 1

I wish WB would put this on a Blu-ray disc, so I could watch the entire series on one disc.
Old 01-11-13, 09:23 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Major Price Error possible at WBShop for a few TVonBlu sets (Treme 1/2 and Hung 1

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I saw that thread fairly early on, but didn't bother placing an order. I didn't want to rip them off like that, and thought for sure they would cancel the orders. I'm somewhat kicking myself, but also praising myself for not taking advantage of them...
Could be clearing old stock

Not like these were new Seasons.
Old 01-11-13, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Status for my order: Shipped!
Old 01-11-13, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

My Spawn order shipped, but none of the HBO sets.
Old 01-11-13, 05:40 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Same here, the status's have all just been updated, all of them have been shipped.
Old 01-11-13, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky bastards!
Old 01-11-13, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I only ordered The Wire Season 5 and I see that it has shipped.
Old 01-11-13, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine shipped:
Treme: The Complete Second Season (Blu Ray) $9.39
Treme: The Complete First Season (Blu Ray) $4.39
Mildred Pierce: The Collectors Edition (Blu-Ray) $9.39
Hung: The Complete Second Season (Blu Ray) $4.39
How To Make It In America (BD) Blu-ray $4.39
Martin: The Complete Fourth Season (DVD) $4.39
$36.34 Total Thanks again OP!
Old 01-12-13, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Still in process on mine. Order # of people who have shipped?
Old 01-12-13, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Still in process here...
Old 01-12-13, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cancelled according to the WB Shop page. No e-mail notice of cancellation.
Old 01-12-13, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Still in process here...
same.
Old 01-12-13, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered one of everything and some of their statuses are "due in 10 days." Guess I may be on the cancel block too.
Old 01-12-13, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Still in process here as well. I thought ordering another item that wasn't on sale with it would hope, so we'll see. My Spawn order did ship though, so there is still hope.
Old 01-12-13, 04:00 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Mine are still in process. If orders are being cancelled I assume they just haven't gotten to my order yet. The items I ordered were all ships in 10 days so I assume they were out of stock when I ordered.
Old 01-12-13, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Still in progress. Will probably know Monday.
Old 01-12-13, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I probably placed the first order and mine is still Processing. Of course I screwed myself by adding an extra item that wasn't shipping for a week.
I don't know if I was 2nd, but I placed an order before anyone else posted on the blu-ray.com thread. And NOTHING has shipped.
Old 01-13-13, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

^^^ It's a sad but true thing I learned over the last couple years with WBShop price mistakes is that they almost always ship some of the orders and cancel the rest. My batting average with WBShop on price mistakes is 100% cancellations of at least 4 different occasions over the years. In this particular case, I didn't order anything because the items I saw price mistakes on were all things I had never heard of before, and I didn't have time to research them before the mistakes were fixed (on top of that my memory of 100% failure rate with WBShop on price mistakes made me think it wasn't worth the research time). If I've never heard coworkers or other people even mention the name of a series, then it's not a good sign. Never heard of Treme or Hung even once. Contrast that to Lost, The Office, Friends, Justified, The Walking Dead, etc. where I couldn't avoid (over)hearing about them at work long before I had seen a single episode or knew 1 thing about the series. At least when you hear recognized names you think... maybe this is worth looking into.

It seems most of the time I ordered towards the end of the sale, so I thought it was the people who ordered early who tended to get their shipped, but judging by the posts it seems those who ordered early may be in the same cancellation situation. It's weird that the middle of the sale is the sweet spot. If I ever programmed an inventory system it would be FIFO, but I guess lots of companies use other (less fair) algorithms. I can't remember the last time I ordered from WBShop as the usually have shipping charges unless you buy a lot, and typically only a few items are on good sale at any time. However, I am contemplating a DVD2BLU order someday if I ever get around to it. At least that one either works or doesn't. A WBShop price mistake order is like playing the lottery. If I ordered, 100% chance of failure. If others order, probably 50%. That little black rain cloud keeps following me around.

The one thing you can count on with WBShop is that some people will get their price mistakes, and others won't. They never cancel everyone or ship everyone's orders like some other places do.
Old 01-13-13, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Too many people got in on this deal, for WBshop to honor all the orders. It got posted to SlickDeals, whose website traffic dwarfs the possible Blu-ray sites. I do think they use some sort of LIFO order fulfillment system.

Hung was an odd dramedy targeted at older women. The show recently got canceled after its third season.
Old 01-13-13, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I bet 95% of the people here who ordered these aren't going to even watch them. They will arrive in a few weeks and will get thrown on the shelf or in the closet to gather dust for years.

I own Mildred Pierce and have watched it. It's a really solid and well acted miniseries.

I also already own all 3 seasons of Hung. Season 1 was great, but Season 2 honestly was fucking terrible. 3 which wasn't mentioned here and is the final season was a solid comeback.

I can see most of the people here who got Treme won't watch it. It's frankly a really slow and tough show to get into. I honestly can't see any of the blind buyers here being really motivated to watch it right away.
Old 01-13-13, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I can see most of the people here who got Treme won't watch it. It's frankly a really slow and tough show to get into. I honestly can't see any of the blind buyers here being really motivated to watch it right away.
I think a lot of people buy them to sell or trade for profit.
Old 01-13-13, 02:51 PM

Treme is one of the 2 or 3 best dramas on TV at this time. It's not that slow and it's filled with wonderful music. It also has one of the best characters on TV at this time, the city of New Orleans. It's worth the small effort.
Old 01-13-13, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I already own S1 and finally got around to opening it 3-4 months ago. I watched the first 4-5 episodes but did not get around to watching the rest.

That being said, I did put in an order for S2 as I do intend on going back and finishing the first season. But you are right on point, as it is slow and somewhat hard to get into.

I checked my order last night and it was still showing as "processing".
Old 01-13-13, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I bet 95% of the people here who ordered these aren't going to even watch them. They will arrive in a few weeks and will get thrown on the shelf or in the closet to gather dust for years.

I own Mildred Pierce and have watched it. It's a really solid and well acted miniseries.

I also already own all 3 seasons of Hung. Season 1 was great, but Season 2 honestly was fucking terrible. 3 which wasn't mentioned here and is the final season was a solid comeback.

Won't watch any of them so you are right they will probably sit on my shelf. I tried to watch Treme and it was a show that I really liked but it was hard to get motivated to watch it on weekly basis. Hopefully it plays better marathoning it.

This could be the first time I've every seen you say you hated a show?
Old 01-13-13, 08:42 PM

I hate to say that I agree. Over the past decade, this board has gone from obsessive Criterion collectors to dudes who'd get really excited at the prospect of a Bourne Legacy Steelbook.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.