Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Star Trek TOS Seasons 1-3 Blu-ray $81.70 shipped at DeepDiscount.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-13, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
Re: Star Trek TOS Seasons 1-3 Blu-ray $81.70 shipped at DeepDiscount.com

I learned that they didn't receive my order (funny, my credit card had a hold by them for that amount) so they're not honoring it. Needless to say, while I'm not surprised as I have heard of this happening before, I am not happy with them. They really don't want people to shop with them, do they?
Old 01-22-13, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Just received word that my order shipped today!!
Old 01-23-13, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my shipping notice today also. Curious to see if they have improved, it's been over 2 years since I gave DD any of my business. Orders were taking forever to ship and then arrive and I'm in the next state over from them. When I called they were jerks and told me it could take 30 days to receive my items. So, we'll see ...
Old 01-24-13, 08:16 AM

I'll be interested to hear how the set is packaged - when I used to order from them they often use bags instead of boxes.
Old 01-24-13, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

Yeah, got my shipping notice the other day too. I'd like to see them try to ship it in those two pieces of cardboard stuck together.
Old 01-24-13, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Maybe they'll just stick a shipping label onto the shrinkwarp.
Old 01-29-13, 12:20 AM

Got this today! Suprised that it came so soon.

It was packed in a box with a couple of those air pillows on top and bottom but not sides. The box was a bit crushed on the sides and I expected the set to be the same, but it was fine!

All 3 seasons are wrapped together with a plastic band. 1 and 2 have slipcovers but not 3. Not sure if this is standard, but not complaining at this price. Thanks again, OP!!!
Old 01-29-13, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by goblin23
Got this today! Suprised that it came so soon.

It was packed in a box with a couple of those air pillows on top and bottom but not sides. The box was a bit crushed on the sides and I expected the set to be the same, but it was fine!

All 3 seasons are wrapped together with a plastic band. 1 and 2 have slipcovers but not 3. Not sure if this is standard, but not complaining at this price. Thanks again, OP!!!
Ditto here. Well-packed and in great shape. Kudos to DD. Mine also has no slipcover on S3 within the shrink, but I am thinking this is standard.
Old 01-29-13, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bellevuecoug
Ditto here. Well-packed and in great shape. Kudos to DD. Mine also has no slipcover on S3 within the shrink, but I am thinking this is standard.
Plus S3 is in a slimmer case. These look shrinkwrapped individually. Are they, I can't tell for sure.
Old 01-29-13, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I received my set as well. It was also packaged sturdily and securely in a cardboard box with padding inside and it was in perfect brand new condition. S1 and S2 had slipcovers. S3 did not. Each set was individually shrink-wrapped (and were bundled together just like the complete series bundle, with a paper slip of paper surrounding all three sets).

Well, they were brand new until I opened them.
Old 01-31-13, 06:17 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Still waiting on my set to be delivered. They sent a shipping notice on 1/21, yet the tracking shows that the package didn't leave the sorting facility until 1/27. Five days later, it's only just made it to North Dakota. At this rate, I'll be lucky if it arrives before Valentine's Day.
Old 01-31-13, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Received my set, same as everyone. I already owned S3, WITH slipcover, so now I have all 3. Will sell my extra S3, sans slip...
Old 02-01-13, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just received my shipping notice today. After the crappy job they did with this order with me, I am probably done with DeepDiscount. I had not used them in a couple years because of bad service and decided this deal was good enough to chance. Well, they proved that they haven't changed, so once I get this set, I'm done. Here's hoping it's not damaged 'cause that would just be icing on the cake!
Old 02-01-13, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I think the 30 or 40 of us that got our sets without an issue will disagree with your assessment that "they haven't changed" I really am sorry for you that it took extra effort to save the extra $40, but for now I'm happy with my $24/season price and perfect cosmetic set
I'm honestly glad you were able to get it without hassle. I placed my order, had the charge on my credit card and they then said DD never got the order. Wouldn't let me reorder (though I had the order number and all the info they asked for) at the sale price. Took about 5-8 emails to them, about a week and escalating it to their Facebook page to get them to grudgingly say I could order it at the sale price. I finally place the order again, only to be told that it was back ordered. I also found out that I should have just been allowed to place the order again in the first place! That's what's got me upset about the whole thing. (And, just in case you're wondering, I was polite the whole way through, no swearing or anything.)

If they had just said, it was an error on our end, we'll place the order again no problem (which supposedly is their normal policy), I would have been satisfied. Instead, after admitting that something happened on their end (the supervisor I ended up talking to says this happens all the time as orders on the website don't always download to the warehouse), they just said sorry, nothing we can do. Basically, they'd rather lose a customer than honor their sale price.

So, they did, from me at least. I almost didn't replace the order but the deal was too good for me to let drop and after all that hassle, at least I'll have the set to show for it.
Old 02-01-13, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

Their ordering and fulfillment system is basically held together with bailing wire and chewing gum. If it goes well, then you should be fine. If there are any problems though, you're kind of screwed, and they have no mechanisms to fix it or help.
Old 02-01-13, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Their ordering and fulfillment system is basically held together with bailing wire and chewing gum. If it goes well, then you should be fine. If there are any problems though, you're kind of screwed, and they have no mechanisms to fix it or help.
You nailed it on the head!
Old 02-07-13, 01:12 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
Still waiting on my set to be delivered. They sent a shipping notice on 1/21, yet the tracking shows that the package didn't leave the sorting facility until 1/27.
This finally showed up today. I'm guessing the package got stuck in a sorting machine, as the box is pretty mangled and covered in black skid marks. That would also explain why an entire week went by with no movement whatsoever. The two slips have some minor damage, but it's not enough to complain over.