Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-15, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by ntnon
They've also shorted me on credits, disappeared some with no explanation and flatly refuswd to explain by e-mail (four times, form replies) and phone (three times, vague promises of follow-up).

But, free money is free money.
The ones I've had disappear have hit the "expiration" date and I'd forgot to redeem them. What annoys me about *that* is they send *repeated* reminders to use that $5.99 Prime Pantry credit while informing you of the expiration date - but they've *never* sent such a reminder about those digital credits!

FWIW I *have* used those PP credits a few times. I just look to see what the current "Buy 4 select items for free shipping" is, see if there are 4 items I'd be willing to purchase at the offered price, throw in a couple of other cheaper items we regularly use, and check out. You'll then get the free shipping and they'll take off a extra $5.99 (sometimes less - I've never figured out just why). I recently did that for 5 candy/snack items and got about $15 worth of stuff for just over $8 shipped, beating local prices by a few $$.
Old 12-01-15, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy
I'm giving up on these shipping credits anyway. I ordered some digital books yesterday (good sale). Amazon should have used the credits I had accrued but didn't in every case... not for the first time either. I'm tired of having to watch them like a hawk to keep accounts straight.
They've also shorted me on credits, disappeared some with no explanation and flatly refuswd to explain by e-mail (four times, form replies) and phone (three times, vague promises of follow-up).

But, free money is free money.
Originally Posted by lizard
I guess I'm lucky since I've never had them make a mistake with my digital credits (but I sure wish there was a separate account link that I could monitor to make sure). They don't accrue until the item ordered ships, but I presume that everyone knows that.

I do find that $5.99 pantry box credit annoying because the $1 digital credit is valuable to me. But when I first complained about it CS gave me a $5 digital credit and I've only been hit with three pantry box credits since, so I am still ahead, thus far. Can't complain... too much.
I've had no issues with the $1 credits, though I wish there was an easier way to keep track of them. I don't pay much attention to the expiration dates, instead I just try to use them on a regular basis. I had a conversation once with a CS associate about credits I had and they told me when they would expire (some on one date, some on another date). I asked how I could look that information up myself and they indicated there wasn't a way to do so.

But I like the option of choosing a slower shipping option and being rewarded for it. At times I need something right away, but otherwise I'm happy to wait a few days and receive something extra. Just not pantry credit.
Old 12-01-15, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
You have to make sure the ebook is sold by Amazon. If it's sold by the publisher the credits do not apply.
I'll be damned, I did not know that. The two books they did not use credits on were sold by HarperCollins and Macmillan. I think you just identified my problem. Thanks.
Old 12-01-15, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I've had no issues with the $1 credits, though I wish there was an easier way to keep track of them. I don't pay much attention to the expiration dates, instead I just try to use them on a regular basis. I had a conversation once with a CS associate about credits I had and they told me when they would expire (some on one date, some on another date). I asked how I could look that information up myself and they indicated there wasn't a way to do so.

But I like the option of choosing a slower shipping option and being rewarded for it. At times I need something right away, but otherwise I'm happy to wait a few days and receive something extra. Just not pantry credit.
The e-mail notification says when that particular credit expires, but you can't really track which ones you still have and when they expire. Heck, I wish there were even an easier way to see how many are there. It used to show near the MP3 buy button but I haven't seen that in a while. I rented a movie the other day and hoped I had credits, but I didn't.

I do use the credits, but when they offer me pantry credits, I just choose fast shipping.
Old 12-01-15, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The cynic in me is sure the lack of available credits tracking is all about expecting you to complete the order first, only then finding out you didn't have the necessary credits to cover the purchase. And then they bank on you not caring that they either lost your credit, or it expired. Either way you're unlikely to make a stink for such small amounts.

I currently have at least one $1 credit for purchasing music CD's, but I doubt I find an MP3 worth buying to use the credit. And the last time I did buy one thinking I had credits available... oops, oh well.
Old 12-01-15, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
The e-mail notification says when that particular credit expires, but you can't really track which ones you still have and when they expire. Heck, I wish there were even an easier way to see how many are there. It used to show near the MP3 buy button but I haven't seen that in a while. I rented a movie the other day and hoped I had credits, but I didn't.

I do use the credits, but when they offer me pantry credits, I just choose fast shipping.
It isn't exactly easy but I go to Amazon Video and pick and item I don't own and isn't included with prime... click on it, then the "more purchase options" link, then "Redeem a gift card or promotion code" link. You should see balances. Kindle editions are not listed but I only have shipping promo credits and they apply to books so...
Old 12-01-15, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can see how many MP3 credits you have by going to a non-prime Amazon Video. There will be a link above the "Add to Watchlist" button that says "Redeem a gift card or promotion code". Clicking on the link will bring up the MP3 Credits you have available. Note: Right now the link isn't working properly.
Old 12-01-15, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It isn't exactly easy but I go to Amazon Video and pick and item I don't own and isn't included with prime... click on it, then the "more purchase options" link, then "Redeem a gift card or promotion code" link. You should see balances. Kindle editions are not listed but I only have shipping promo credits and they apply to books so...
Thanks for that! I went to a video that required payment and clicked on the "Redeem a gift card or promotion code" link and there was my e-credit listed, just as you said. Didn't know that. Very helpful.
Old 12-01-15, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Bobaray
You can see how many MP3 credits you have by going to a non-prime Amazon Video. There will be a link above the "Add to Watchlist" button that says "Redeem a gift card or promotion code". Clicking on the link will bring up the MP3 Credits you have available. Note: Right now the link isn't working properly.
Cool, thanks! I think that's somewhat like I remember it. The first time I tried, it only gave me the option for entering a code, but the second time worked.
Old 12-01-15, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My only dislike about the expiration date, is I receive an email about expiring credits like a month or longer before they expire. Would be nice if Amazon was a little clearer about these credits and so forth.
Old 12-01-15, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

You can also just type "mp3 credits" into the Amazon search box, and click "View Digital Promotional Balance" from there
Old 12-01-15, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The e-mail notification says when that particular credit expires, but you can't really track which ones you still have and when they expire...
Exactly. That's a pain as you'd have to keep a spreadsheet/doc/database file to track them *and* when you've used some. That's more of a pain than I'm willing to extend. I try to make sure to mentally keep track when they expire (using the "details" link on the final order page to get the expiration date) and use them before then but I'm not always successful. I recently lost ~10 because I'd forgotten the date.
Same here.
Originally Posted by Bobaray
You two beat me to it! That's exactly how I keep up with how many I have. It's somewhat of a pain but it *does* at least show you what you have across the various forms.

Using that method I recently discovered I have 7 "software/video game or Android app" credits in my account. I have no idea (or forgot) how those were earned.
Old 12-01-15, 07:52 PM

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
..I wish there was an easier way to keep track of them. I don't pay much attention to the expiration dates, instead I just try to use them on a regular basis. I had a conversation once with a CS associate about credits I had and they told me when they would expire (some on one date, some on another date). I asked how I could look that information up myself and they indicated there wasn't a way to do so.
Quite. Indeed, when I called to ask about missed credits, the person I spoke to said there wasn't even a proper way of annotating what had been used - and suggested the same was true of gift balance - meaning that she then had to laboriously count all my eligible orders, then deduct payments and try and calculate from scratch the running totals.

Why is there no "your new balance is.."-type annotation, so you know what the balance was bedore making transactions or additions..? And why does there not even appear to be this function for the company dealing with it all...? (Or ia it odd to think that ought to be in place?)
Old 12-01-15, 07:57 PM

There is an easier way...

Originally Posted by TheBang
You can also just type "mp3 credits" into the Amazon search box, and click "View Digital Promotional Balance" from there
This-ish. The link is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000811661#gc. and it gives you a "balance" button that shows your balance for: Gift Card / MP3 / Video (usually identical) / Kindle / Software & games.

No expiration dates, but then (again) even Amazon doesn't seem to keep track of how much of your credits expire when, just "some" and "some"...... until they expire and then the system calculates it exactly and takes it back.
Old 12-01-15, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
..I recently discovered I have 7 "software/video game or Android app" credits in my account. I have no idea (or forgot) how those were earned.
Hm. I only have $5..! Now I feel all left out..
Old 12-01-15, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
In recent weeks, I've seen them go back and forth between the 2 credits with no rhyme or reason.
Nothing beats the time when I made four orders/near-orders within five minutes - one by phone, two computer. Phone with Chrome gave me a $1 mp3 credit; computer with Firefox gave me Pantry, so I tried Internet Explorer on the computer and it offered me nothing. So I checked Chrome, and it removed the no rush shipping option entirely... very strange!

Last edited by ntnon; 12-01-15 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-01-15, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

This-ish. The link is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000811661#gc. and it gives you a "balance" button that shows your balance for: Gift Card / MP3 / Video (usually identical) / Kindle / Software & games.
Thanks for the link. Bookmarked it since it does seem to be the easiest way to look it up.
Old 12-02-15, 11:40 AM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

I'll be damned, I did not know that. The two books they did not use credits on were sold by HarperCollins and Macmillan. I think you just identified my problem. Thanks.
I just found that out too, after numerous emails with their customer service to figure out how to use the credits. Finally found a service rep who explained it to me quickly and clearly - finally!

The books can be either published or sold by Amazon Digital Services to qualify for the credits. And yes, I've been getting alternate options at checkout between those and the Pantry, which I don't use.
Old 12-02-15, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Using that method I recently discovered I have 7 "software/video game or Android app" credits in my account. I have no idea (or forgot) how those were earned.
I found the same amount and also have no idea why. Maybe it was some promotion that was posted here.
Old 12-02-15, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This-ish. The link is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000811661#gc. and it gives you a "balance" button that shows your balance for: Gift Card / MP3 / Video (usually identical) / Kindle / Software & games..
Thanks. Mine shows $1.50 "MP3 Credit" , $1.50 "Amazon Video" and $0.00 "Kindle Editions". I thought all the credits amassed by not selecting two-day delivery could be used for any digital purpose.
Old 12-02-15, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TexasDVDer
Thanks. Mine shows $1.50 "MP3 Credit" , $1.50 "Amazon Video" and $0.00 "Kindle Editions". I thought all the credits amassed by not selecting two-day delivery could be used for any digital purpose.
That is correct. If you earn a "digital credit" it can be used towards a ebook, MP3, or video rental/purchase - or at least they *used* to do that. My current balance also shows $0 Kindle Editions ($42 MP3/Video) so maybe the current terms don't include ebooks. I've not really looked as I use all my credits to "purchase" Warner Archive titles digitally rather than purchase the MOD. Over the past year I've gotten ~$175 or so by ordering *everything* as single orders and selecting "slow boat" shipping. Several times I've ordered a ~$2 book for my granddaughter and gotten a $1 credit. Also lots of $4-$5 DVD/BR titles.
Old 12-02-15, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Update... I now have $10 in "software/video game or Android app" credits. I *have* ordered some Skylanders figures for my grandson and have a couple of video games "ordered" but not yet shipped. Since that first post 2 or 3 of the Skylanders figures shipped so maybe it's tied to those?
Old 12-02-15, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My current balance also shows $0 Kindle Editions ($42 MP3/Video) so maybe the current terms don't include ebooks. I've not really looked...
Update... I now have $10 in "software/video game or Android app" credits. I *have* ordered some Skylanders figures for my grandson and have a couple of video games "ordered" but not yet shipped. Since that first post 2 or 3 of the Skylanders figures shipped so maybe it's tied to those?
I just checked email and read one of those "Your Amazon.com Promotional Credit" emails. Here's part of what it says:
You are receiving this credit because you selected No-Rush Shipping on your recent Prime order. You can use this $1 credit towards eligible Kindle Books, Amazon Appstore apps, Amazon Music downloads, digital video game or software downloads, or the rental or purchase of eligible movies or TV shows from Amazon Video.
Looks like those "software/video game or Android app" credits are coming from the "slow boat" shipping. The odd part is there are *no* Kindle credits shown on my balance.
Old 12-02-15, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just checked email and read one of those "Your Amazon.com Promotional Credit" emails. Here's part of what it says:

Looks like those "software/video game or Android app" credits are coming from the "slow boat" shipping. The odd part is there are *no* Kindle credits shown on my balance.
Kindle credits are NEVER shown. It has been that way for a couple of years. I know all my credits can be used on books because they only come from the shipping promo. Having credits from other sources certainly complicates the issue.

I agree that Amazon needs to fix this but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 12-03-15, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Kino's Buster Keaton Collection is $115.49 through Amazon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.