DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Dollar Tree BLU Rays! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/605949-dollar-tree-blu-rays.html)

lewisb73 10-25-12 05:52 PM

Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

Was stopping by for batteries my 3d tv glasses, and was met with a large selection of blu rays which I was NOT expecting to see, even if they were Mill Creek cheapie titles... a list of what has been seen is below

Ernest goes to Camp
Ernest goes to jail
VI warshawski
Play it to the bone
Scenes from a mall
Money for nothing
An innocent man
Gross Anatomy
Ernest scared stupid
The war at home
The tie that binds
Betsy's Wedding
Consenting Adults
Last Dance
Baby: secret of lost legend
My father the hero
Big business
Straight talk
Miami rhapsody
Holy matrimony
The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag

If you are trying to find these and they are not out, they are supposed to be some featured deal next friay (Nov 2)

no real "gotta haves"...these are titles that have been 4-5$ most everywhere... But for a buck its pretty good, even if I just trade them in later and keep the cases for the $1 blockbuster movies I got last week. I picked up the three Ernest movies and a few others (hadnt seen Ernest goes to Camp since I saw it in theaters)

Ace Hunter 10-25-12 06:39 PM

Re: Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

Was this in Alabama? Anyone else finding these? Hoping this will be at all Dollar Trees!

Thanks for the intel, OP!

Rexxriot 10-25-12 06:44 PM

Looks like I'll have to go hunting. I'd really like to get the Ernest movies and Scenes from a Mall.

bobwil54 10-25-12 06:45 PM

Nevermind just saw pics on the dvd page.

asianxcore 10-25-12 06:54 PM

Thanks OP!

I'd definitely pick up the Ernest films for a buck a piece! Might have to check my local store soon.

Novasonic 10-25-12 07:32 PM

I guess I was unlucky. I went out to mine hoping to get the Ernest movies and of course they didn't even have anything. : /

lewisb73 10-25-12 08:10 PM

Yes... It was in Mobile at the Bel Air location... They didn't have my batteries, and I tried another on the way home... It had none yet.

I also noticed this mentioned in the DVD section after I posted this thread, figured it deserved its own thread, especially since folks like me rarely buy DVDs or look in that area.

That'sAllFolks 10-25-12 08:31 PM

Asked a manager and he said that these will be the deal of the week next Friday (not tomorrow the 26th, but Nov 2), so most locations should get them.

That is if he knows what he is talking about. I got the impression that he may not really know. But both the DT's near me said they did not get any on the truck they received today. Last time a deal was posted at DT it was a week or so before I saw it, so I guess I will wait and see.

SPiRAL 10-25-12 09:07 PM

Dollar Tree has 3D TV glasses ?

bigjim25 10-25-12 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by SPiRAL (Post 11442113)

Yes they do. Pretty nice ones for a $1

chard31 10-25-12 09:35 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/5296/sspx0030a.jpg

chard31 10-25-12 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by SPiRAL (Post 11442113)

http://s3-media2.ak.yelpcdn.com/bpho...z-6p5MDQ/l.jpg

lewisb73 10-25-12 09:45 PM

Oops... I forgot to write I was looking for BATTERIES for my 3d glasses, though I DID see those while I was there... Doubt they'd work on my active 3d tv

JoeySeven 10-26-12 03:52 AM

Best movie in that photo.
Falling Angels(Film movement) on DVD.

milo bloom 10-26-12 10:03 AM

I keep waffling on buying the Ernest movies but for 1$ I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

lewisb73 10-26-12 10:17 AM

I look at it this way... I have about 60-70 $1 blockbuster blu rays from various closing sitting in them crappy DVD sized cases, at worst I can switch them out and use the blu in the DVD case next time best buy has an upgrade and save (my BB workers would see the DVD cases and have the coupons ready, I doubt they'd catch on to it being a blu, if I take out that blu insert blockbuster puts in the cases)

Cardsfan111 10-26-12 06:14 PM

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Nothing eye popping on that list, but several I might grab for a buck.

Obi-Wanma 10-26-12 06:48 PM

I think most of these have been $5 Target titles for some time. I would bet that this is unsold Target inventory.

SterlingBen 10-26-12 09:37 PM

Will see if I can get lucky for some Ernest tomorrow.

Zodiac 10-26-12 10:27 PM

Funny thing is that I never see even DVD's at my local (Minneapolis) Dollar Tree stores, now they appear to be carryiing Blu-Ray's. Makes me wonder if I will ever see those in stock.

Josh-da-man 10-26-12 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by chard31 (Post 11442152)

Man, that's a lot of copies of BIG BUSINESS and STRAIGHT TALK.

DVD Polizei 10-27-12 12:03 AM

^^^Maybe this was a San Francisco store.

chard31 10-27-12 09:49 PM

Went to a few more different DTs and almost all have put out their DVDs...

Picked up these Blu-ray DVDs:

Another Stackout
Baby: Secret of Lost Legend
Betsy's Wedding
Big Business
Consenting Adults
Ernest Goes to Camp
Ernest Goes to Jail
Ernest Scared Stupid
Gross Anatomy
Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag
Holy Matrimony
Last Dance
Marrying Man, The
Miami Rhapsody
Money For Nothing
My Father the Hero
Play It To the Bone
Scenes From a Mall
Straight Talk
Tie That Binds, The
VI Warshawski
War at Home, The

SterlingBen 10-27-12 11:54 PM

Thanks OP! Been waiting for a decent deal on Ernest and luckily enough got my stores last copy of both Camp and Jail, they didn't have Scared stupid but I already own that one anyways. Also got several other movies I have been wanting to see but not $5 wanting to see.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/715/dsc00289mr.jpg

DouglasRobert 10-28-12 12:26 PM

Got the following today.

The War at Home
Straight Talk
Betsy's Wedding
The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag
Miami Rhapsody
Another Stakeout
Scenes from a Mall

DVDs:
Mom and Dad Save the World
Family Bonds: The Complete First Season

They said they only got in one shipment and put them out this morning and they're selling fast.

Mine had them by the front register on an end cap.

ProfessorEcho 10-28-12 04:12 PM

I wish the Mill Creek GAMERAs were a buck each. I heard those are pretty entertaining.

Manzana 10-28-12 04:42 PM

I snagged all of the BDs I didn't have at my DT store. I called each day until they said they had put them out. There were plenty of each, but I didn't dare wait because who knows how long they'll last.

I looked at the DVD section which I had a few new titles, and I saw Zuma's Revenge PC by PopCap for $1. I really like that game and suggest that anyone going to DT should look for it.

Shawerma 10-28-12 05:53 PM

Picked up

The Tie That Binds
The War at home
Consenting Adults
An Innocent Man
Disorganized Crime
Last Dance
Play It to the Bone
My father the hero
Miami Rhapsody
Betsys Wedding
Scenes from a Mall

Cardsfan111 10-28-12 08:24 PM

Checked my local DT tonight. No BDs anywhere. Still dozens of copies of The Dog Whisperer on DVD.

Garyrc 10-28-12 09:03 PM

I looked at my Dollar Tree on Friday night and there were no blu-rays. Today, Sunday, they were out. They had many but not all of the ones posted here. Mine were in the "electronics" aisle, crammed in a shelf that was nearly impossible to browse. I bought a few; all I looked at were very bare-bones disks with no featurettes. But for $1.00, I can't complain.

turnondafun 10-28-12 11:05 PM

Just picked up most of the ones posted at my store. Thought it was a bust until I spotted them on the endcap by the register. Got a few I haven't seen but for $1 they might be worth it! :)

E_v_i_l 10-29-12 02:53 AM

Checked a DT that usually gets DVDs in and struck out. Maybe next week.

madmod20061 10-29-12 02:07 PM

I've never even seen DVDs at my local dollar tree, but they had these. I picked up 11 of them. Skipped a few that I figure I'd never watch. A quick scan on Amazon shows you can trade some in and come out ahead, but it's probably more effort than it's worth for a buck or two.

SethDLH 10-29-12 02:17 PM

Will have to stop in at the few stores I frequently drive by after this hurricane clears

That'sAllFolks 10-29-12 05:06 PM

Have been in all to 5 DTs. Only found them at 2, but I think I was probably the first to pick up titles at both locations. I have 2 locations tell me they did not get any on the truck. I know they are lying because other stores that usually don't get this inventory got it. I've also had problems with them before swearing up and down they didn't get something only to find it in the back when I pushed them to look. Anyway got 1 of everything I've seen listed (22 titles) except:

An Innocent Man
Disorganized Crime

BTW, there were many titles in which there was only 1 copy. The Ernest movies, My Father the Hero, Last Dance. Some of these are probably rarer than others.

g 10-29-12 06:26 PM

Went to 4 stores and found everything, but
Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag
Disorganized crime
Gross anatomy
Marrying Man
I don't think the Ernest movies are too rare. A few stores had a lot of each.

Cardsfan111 10-29-12 08:48 PM

I visited a 2nd store tonight and saw no BDs at all. Yet again, there were dozens of The Dog Whisperer on DVD. :lol:

Both stores I've been to have so much Halloween stuff out. Makes me think I might run into these on Thursday since the OP indicated it's for the sale starting on Friday. Of course, there's a good chance they'll replace the Halloween stuff with Christmas stuff this week.

Obi-Wanma 10-29-12 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 (Post 11447225)
Both stores I've been to have so much Halloween stuff out. Makes me think I might run into these on Thursday since the OP indicated it's for the sale starting on Friday. Of course, there's a good chance they'll replace the Halloween stuff with Christmas stuff this week.

I was in a store this evening. No blu-rays, but I noticed that they had already done this.

DouglasRobert 10-30-12 01:02 PM

Went back today to pick up one I forgot to get before, V.I. Warshawski.

I wasn't expecting to have any left, but they still had many left. So picked that up plus Consenting Adults.

The Valeyard 10-31-12 12:39 AM

Went to three stores over the past two days. Nothing.