Enemy at the Gates
The League S2 $13

Day 2
Red Dawn
Workaholics $8
It's Always Sunny S6 $13
Archer S2 $13
Margin Call
How did you get The League and It's Always Sunny for $13?
Old 10-13-12, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Apparently U&S is back on October 7th

Originally Posted by The Questyen
How did you get The League and It's Always Sunny for $13?
A lot of FX TV series are on sale for $17.99 b4 coupon.
Old 10-13-12, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 606 Likes on 437 Posts

Found a few bargains today.
48 Hours and There Will Be Blood were stickered 9.99 but rang up much higher so clerk adjusted
to 4.99 each.
Found two that I did not expect to see. the Kevin Smith 3 pack for 4.99 and Singin In the Rain.
Rain must have been a return since it is listed as not in stock anywhere since release.
Old 10-13-12, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Grabbed Blade Runner Final Cut for $10 after coupon
Old 10-13-12, 03:15 PM

I got these today. I had 7 coupon's .

E.T Book $19.99
Jaws Book $24.95
Prometheus $14.99
The Raven $17.99
Dark Shadows $14.99
Texas Chainsaw(Remake) $4.99
Fifth Element/Gattica 2 Pack $10
Old 10-13-12, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 564 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by sade
A lot of FX TV series are on sale for $17.99 b4 coupon.
My bad it looks like I didn't see that cleaver had bought the old season release not the most current season. The new season of It's Always Sunny is $29.99 on sale and the League is $24.99 that's why I was thrown when cleaver mentioned getting them for $13.
Old 10-13-12, 03:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked up Total Recall (Mind Bending Edition) for $4.99 and Secretariat for $12.99 today. Was hoping to find the Kevin Smith 3-pack but didn't see it.
Old 10-13-12, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 214 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
No stores in my area have Hellboy 2. I want to replace my DVD, but no luck.
According to the Best Buy site, it's not an in-store item. This is annoyingly common for Blus I would like to trade for.
Old 10-13-12, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

One Best Buy near me reorganized the DVDs and blu rays and I could not find anything I was looking for. What a horrible system. One of my DVD I brought to exchange for a coupon was rejected due to scratches. Have others had this problem ? Don't know if I should try to take to another store.

Today's store experience was not worth the hassle. I had an in store pick up and wanted to get coupons for blu rays. The person in customer service in store pick up claimed she didn't know how to do the coupons. I found a blu ray I wanted to buy. I got on customer service line again to get coupons. The blu ray had signs up saying it was on sale for $19.99. It rang up as $24.99. I go back and pull the sign showing its $19.99. CS couldn't figure out how to do both a price over ride and apply the $5 coupon. At one point when the disc that should be $14.99 after coupon rang up as over $22.00, she tries to tell me the reason was because of sales tax. I say "What the sales tax rate has been raised to almost 50%?"
Finally when she rings the purchase up properly and I pay, she doesn't give me the blu ray. She tells me I already have it. It took another 2 minutes until she found that she still had it. Unbelievable !!!.
Old 10-13-12, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Grabbed Taken and Stake Land for $4.99 each. Taken has been difficult to find.
Old 10-14-12, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 214 Likes on 131 Posts

Had a hellacious time dealing with a math-challenged clerk who couldn't figure out how to calculate a discount on his register. I had 2 rewards coupons plus U&S trade-ins, but the clerk just did not understand that they could be used together. Finally had to get a manager involved. With discounts, I got The Cabin in the Woods and The Dead for $5 each. I wanted to get Wake Wood, but it was gone, so I'll try to pick it up down the road. At this point, I'm so done with Best Buy, but I still have other titles I want to purchase.
Old 10-14-12, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films
One Best Buy near me reorganized the DVDs and blu rays and I could not find anything I was looking for. What a horrible system. One of my DVD I brought to exchange for a coupon was rejected due to scratches. Have others had this problem ? Don't know if I should try to take to another store.
Haven't had this yet, although at my store they are not consistent about checking the backs of the discs when I turn them in.

Mine are generally handled with care so are almost pristine, although I did bring my son once who traded in one of his pretty scratched-up kiddie titles, but they didn't examine it closely. I also traded one of mine that did have several scratches, but likewise they never flipped it over to look. At other times they have taken the discs out and examined the playing surface, so it's a crapshoot.
Old 10-14-12, 07:37 AM

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts

Just looked through the list and only two new 9.99 ones jumped out at me, Shaun of the Dead and Saw: The Final Chapter
Old 10-14-12, 08:39 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Haven't had this yet, although at my store they are not consistent about checking the backs of the discs when I turn them in.

Mine are generally handled with care so are almost pristine, although I did bring my son once who traded in one of his pretty scratched-up kiddie titles, but they didn't examine it closely. I also traded one of mine that did have several scratches, but likewise they never flipped it over to look. At other times they have taken the discs out and examined the playing surface, so it's a crapshoot.
Out of all these times, they've only examined the playing surface on me once. This particular U&S, I've gone 3 times so far -- They haven't even checked what movies I've brought. They just accepted them.

I buy a lot of used dvds, so often they have scuffs/scratches. There's just no getting away from them. I don't know why it's so difficult to take care of them -- put it in the box when you're done. It's amazing to me that the average person treats them like crap.
Old 10-14-12, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
^ The beard edition is a different SKU, so may not be included in the $9.99 sale price next week. That has happened with their exclusives many times in the past. You might get lucky, but definitely YMMV...
I don't believe that's true. I bought 2 Dictators (1 w/ the beard) for a return/rebuy later this week and they both have the same UPC.

However, the bearded slip has the same cover art as the regular version (though the UPC is a sticker on the bearded version and is there is no UPC sicker on the regular version I have). I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to be or not. I know some Target exclusive slips have the same exclusive cover art on the BD as the slip.

BTW, I stopped at a garage sale and bought 44 copies of some children's DVD (new and sealed) for 5 bucks total. I'm ready for the next U&S.

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
The barcode at the top perhaps? I imaging BB's system is more complex than Walgreens and Wag tracks everything through these barcodes.
I guess that is a possibility, but BB's system can't even take MFG coupons, so I wouldn't worry about it
Old 10-14-12, 10:54 AM
Cool New Member

So far picked up,

Prometheus
Attack the Block
Fight Club
Total Recall

Also, earlier this week I was able to pick up Iron Man 2 the combo pack for 4.99 as some BB employee left the display prices from the last week of September. I was surprised they honored it as this BB usually is a stickler for that type of stuff.
Old 10-14-12, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 176 Posts

Picked up today for $4.99:

Madagasgar BR/DVD combo
Madagasgar 2 BR/DVD combo
Old 10-14-12, 11:46 AM

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
Just looked through the list and only two new 9.99 ones jumped out at me, Shaun of the Dead and Saw: The Final Chapter
Got both of these today. In case anyone else is looking for them, they were in a Halloween display near the front of the store. Of course I didn't know this until I searched through the normal racks (which are now sadly dvd/bd mixed by genre) and was afraid I wasn't gonna have a use for my 2 coupons.

This brings my U&S total to a whopping 5 BDs. Surprising, considering last time it was probably somewhere around 20.
Old 10-14-12, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 606 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by rudyhasdvd
So far picked up,

Prometheus
Attack the Block
Fight Club
Total Recall

Also, earlier this week I was able to pick up Iron Man 2 the combo pack for 4.99 as some BB employee left the display prices from the last week of September. I was surprised they honored it as this BB usually is a stickler for that type of stuff.
They always honor the price on the sticker
Old 10-14-12, 12:54 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
This brings my U&S total to a whopping 5 BDs. Surprising, considering last time it was probably somewhere around 20.
Same here. So far I've only picked up Enemy at the Gates, The Dictator, and 50/50. Last U&S, I bought 10 titles the first day.
Old 10-14-12, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I just realized the sale ends Saturday. I picked up The Dictator and Workaholics today and it looks like I'm done for this sale (with only 4 total pick ups).

I was hoping for good prices on 21 Jump Street, Snow White and the Huntsman, Cabin in the Woods, Five Year Engagement. Guess I'll have to wait for the next one or maybe Black Friday.
Old 10-14-12, 05:23 PM

Got Titanic for 15$ and Enemy at the gates for 5$. Great program but needs to have more titles then the dictator at a deal price.
Old 10-14-12, 05:41 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I have heard of others being rejected for scratched discs, but it's pretty unusual unless it's pretty bad and even then I suspect most stores accept them. I'd try a different store with the same disc.

Some clerks are definitely more picky. Most of my stores just glance and the discs to make sure they're in the package, some stores check the disc title and surface I thought mostly just to make sure they weren't burned discs. I finally had a situation where the clerk who was way behind just handed me 5 coupons, the receipt, and never even opened the case -- that was a first in probably 30 transactions though. I have been rejected on a couple discs when I had the wrong disc in the wrong case though I've never been rejected like some for just turning in the Bonus disc instead of Movie disc.
Thanks for the advice. Second store I went to didn't even open the cases. They just gave me the coupons.
Old 10-14-12, 08:05 PM

Anyone know when U&S will end?
Old 10-14-12, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

October 20, 2012

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.