Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Old 09-19-12, 01:46 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,220
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12


Avengers (Blu 3D + Blu + DVD + DC + Music DC) $24.99*
Avengers (Blu + DVD) $19.99*
*Exclusive Bonus Disc

Superhero Blu-Rays $14.99-$22.99

American Horror Story Season 1 $29.99*
*Exclusive Q&A

Bond 50 (Blu Ray 22 Film Set) $169.99

Last edited by bigjim25; 09-19-12 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-19-12, 01:52 PM
  #2  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 45,396
Received 453 Likes on 403 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

$19.99...great price for 3-discs and fits perfect in the free BB SteelBook™!
Old 09-19-12, 01:57 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cahuenga Building, Sixth Floor
Posts: 583
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

I still have my pre order from Amazon with the $5 coupon applied. A price match would make it $20 but I'm an absolute sucker for bonus discs. I just have decide whether its worth $5 or not.
Old 09-19-12, 01:57 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,220
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
$19.99...great price for 3-discs and fits perfect in the free BB SteelBook™!
Pay $5 more and sell the 3D copy on ebay or trade it on here.
Old 09-19-12, 02:01 PM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 214
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Screw Best buy Im going to target and get the Target Exclusive
Old 09-19-12, 02:19 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,893
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Ugh - 90 minutes is pretty tempting....plus I have my BB Steelbook preorder (which I can get refunded) and my Amazon with $5 coupon.

Thanks for posting - really interested in the content of those 90 mins!
Old 09-19-12, 02:22 PM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 214
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Originally Posted by PGHFlyer View Post
Ugh - 90 minutes is pretty tempting....plus I have my BB Steelbook preorder (which I can get refunded) and my Amazon with $5 coupon.

Thanks for posting - really interested in the content of those 90 mins!
how can i get refunded for the bb steelbook ?
Old 09-19-12, 02:25 PM
  #8  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 45,396
Received 453 Likes on 403 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Originally Posted by philly1981 View Post
how can i get refunded for the bb steelbook ?
technically, bring in receipt and they should refund you the $7.50, technically.
Old 09-19-12, 02:27 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,058
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Originally Posted by philly1981 View Post
how can i get refunded for the bb steelbook ?
Read the fine print on the case regarding the deposit.

"If not redeemed by 10/8/12, the receipt may be refunded at Customer Service."
Old 09-19-12, 02:31 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 214
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2 View Post
Read the fine print on the case regarding the deposit.

"If not redeemed by 10/8/12, the receipt may be refunded at Customer Service."

sorry my bad lol
Old 09-19-12, 03:40 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 1,799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

I'm tempted by the Target price and exclusive of the 3D Avengers set, it would make it the same price as my Amazon order ... but if Amazon matches the price, that would make my Amazon order $5 cheaper (since I have the $5 coupon applied).
Old 09-19-12, 03:45 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,874
Received 199 Likes on 119 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Originally Posted by flix1 View Post
I'm tempted by the Target price and exclusive of the 3D Avengers set, it would make it the same price as my Amazon order ... but if Amazon matches the price, that would make my Amazon order $5 cheaper (since I have the $5 coupon applied).
I am in the same boat, but how often does Amazon price match Target's Price.
Will there be a $5 coupon available online for this?
Old 09-19-12, 04:17 PM
  #13  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 45,396
Received 453 Likes on 403 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

anyone know the tracks on the music CD for the 3D version? is it the music inspired by or the orchestral music?
Old 09-19-12, 04:30 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,220
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
anyone know the tracks on the music CD for the 3D version? is it the music inspired by or the orchestral music?
It's the music inspired by and it's a download on all 3D versions and not just the Target one:
1. "Live to Rise" Chris Cornell Soundgarden 4:40
2. "I'm Alive" Brent Smith, Eric Bass, Dave Bassett Shinedown 3:39
3. "Dirt and Roses" Tim McIlrath, Joe Principe, Brandon Barnes, Zach Blair Rise Against 3:14
4. "Even If I Could" Papa Roach, James Michael Papa Roach 3:16
5. "Unbroken" Andy Biersack, Jacob Pitts, Jeremy Ferguson, Blair Daly, Sean Beavan Black Veil Brides 3:27
6. "Breath" Scott Weiland, Doug Grean Scott Weiland 3:17
7. "Comeback" Mark Kasprzyk, Wally Gagel, Xandy Barry Redlight King 3:39
8. "Into the Blue" Gavin Rossdale Bush 4:15
9. "New Way to Bleed" (Photek Remix) Amy Lee, Terry Balsamo Evanescence 4:00
10. "Count Me Out" Franky Perez, Dave Kushner, Dave Warren, Scott Shriner, Joey Castillo PusherJones 4:37
11. "Wherever I Go" Josh Todd, Keith Nelson, Steve Dacanay Buckcherry 4:13
12. "From Out of Nowhere" (Faith No More cover) Billy Gould, Roddy Bottum Five Finger Death Punch 3:23
13. "Shake the Ground" Cherri Bomb, Adam Watts, Gannin Arnold, Andy Dodd Cherri Bomb 2:40
Old 09-19-12, 04:32 PM
  #15  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 45,396
Received 453 Likes on 403 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
It's the music inspired by and it's a download on all 3D versions and not just the Target one:
1. "Live to Rise" Chris Cornell Soundgarden 4:40
2. "I'm Alive" Brent Smith, Eric Bass, Dave Bassett Shinedown 3:39
3. "Dirt and Roses" Tim McIlrath, Joe Principe, Brandon Barnes, Zach Blair Rise Against 3:14
4. "Even If I Could" Papa Roach, James Michael Papa Roach 3:16
5. "Unbroken" Andy Biersack, Jacob Pitts, Jeremy Ferguson, Blair Daly, Sean Beavan Black Veil Brides 3:27
6. "Breath" Scott Weiland, Doug Grean Scott Weiland 3:17
7. "Comeback" Mark Kasprzyk, Wally Gagel, Xandy Barry Redlight King 3:39
8. "Into the Blue" Gavin Rossdale Bush 4:15
9. "New Way to Bleed" (Photek Remix) Amy Lee, Terry Balsamo Evanescence 4:00
10. "Count Me Out" Franky Perez, Dave Kushner, Dave Warren, Scott Shriner, Joey Castillo PusherJones 4:37
11. "Wherever I Go" Josh Todd, Keith Nelson, Steve Dacanay Buckcherry 4:13
12. "From Out of Nowhere" (Faith No More cover) Billy Gould, Roddy Bottum Five Finger Death Punch 3:23
13. "Shake the Ground" Cherri Bomb, Adam Watts, Gannin Arnold, Andy Dodd Cherri Bomb 2:40
thanks.
Old 09-19-12, 05:42 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
adrenaline78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Janesville, WI
Posts: 3,147
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

I thought the Avengers had an 8$ coupon on amazon. If they match the price of BB or Target, i'll leave it be. If it's more, i'll get the Target version. Don't particularly care about the soundtrack, but the bonus disc looks good.



Edit: It was a $5 coupon. Brave was the $8.. So how does the preorder work? Is the coupon off the release(shipped) price? Or would they give me just the lowest price figuring in the coupon?
Old 09-19-12, 07:23 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 78,342
Received 674 Likes on 483 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Yeah, I really hope Amazon matches Target's price. $20 after coupon for the 3D version would be badass.
Old 09-19-12, 08:11 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
nycdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,572
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Yeah, I really hope Amazon matches Target's price. $20 after coupon for the 3D version would be badass.
Same here hope they pm. I usually get it on release day with prime. When is the latest you can cancel before they ship?
Old 09-19-12, 09:03 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 78,342
Received 674 Likes on 483 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

For me, it would be on Monday since I usually get local delivery when they ship release date.
Old 09-19-12, 11:55 PM
  #20  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: West of the Mississippi
Posts: 174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Originally Posted by nycdude View Post
Same here hope they pm. I usually get it on release day with prime. When is the latest you can cancel before they ship?
I think Saturday before release day (maybe Sunday). I didn't want to chance it so I cancelled mine today. I'm getting the Target version with the bonus disc.
Old 09-20-12, 08:07 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,337
Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Has it been confirmed that the bonus disc will be a Blu-ray?
Old 09-20-12, 12:22 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Around and about...
Posts: 1,400
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

I HATE store-exclusive bonus discs!!! I'll get the 3D bundle and sell the 3D and DVD discs to friends and keep the rest for $10 out of pocket.
Old 09-20-12, 12:28 PM
  #23  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 45,396
Received 453 Likes on 403 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Originally Posted by joltman View Post
Has it been confirmed that the bonus disc will be a Blu-ray?
i would guess it is simply a DVD. hope i'm wrong though.
Old 09-21-12, 01:14 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 60,789
Received 2,864 Likes on 1,880 Posts
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
i would guess it is simply a DVD. hope i'm wrong though.
In that picture, it's a DVD.

I don't know if it's worth the extra $ for the bonus disc. If it's just fluff EPK stuff, I'm not interested. Wow, tough call here.

I picked up an Avengers steelbook today at Best Buy to keep my options open.
Old 09-21-12, 07:34 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,656
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Target Ad 09/23 - 09/29/12

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I picked up an Avengers steelbook today at Best Buy to keep my options open.
I'm impressed you found one this late...

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.