Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon - Free copy of Avengers if you ordered the briefcase set

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-12, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon - Free copy of Avengers if you ordered the briefcase set

Check your email people! Got this when I woke up this morning.

"Your Recent Order of "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled Collection" + Free "Marvel's The Avengers (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD)""

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We're writing to let you know that the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled Collection will not be released by Marvel as originally expected. Instead, Marvel is planning to offer a similar collection in new packaging. The new collection will include the original titles offered with the first version of the item, and is expected to be available in the spring of 2013. To make this easy for you, we updated your order for the original collection and will ship the new collection when it becomes available. The price of the new collection will be the same as the original collection.

To show our appreciation for your understanding, we are providing you with a promo code to receive a free copy of Marvel's The Avengers (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging). To be eligible, you must have placed your order between June 1, 2012 and August 28, 2012. Any cancelled orders are not eligible to receive the free copy. Codes must be redeemed by October 15, 2012.

Here is your code: XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX.

Learn more on how to redeem your code here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000834061

We know this delay is disappointing, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this causes. If you prefer to cancel the item from your order, visit Your Account (http://www.amazon.com/your-account) and click the "Your Orders" button. As long as your order hasn't shipped yet, you can cancel an individual item or the whole order from there.

Visit our Help pages for more information on canceling orders: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...?nodeId=595034

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,
Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

Last edited by Evil; 09-15-12 at 05:14 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-15-12, 05:23 AM

Re: Amazon - Free copy of Avengers if you ordered the briefcase set

Lucky you!
Old 09-15-12, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Apparently, Marvel didn't get permission to replicate the case. Which means a shitty plastic piece of junk (I mean worse than the original plastic piece of junk) is awaiting those who ordered this set (I'm assuming Marvel and Buena Vista will be recruiting a Chinese cheap-ass lowest-bidder to fill the need). Just buy a goddamn briefcase from Rimowa GmbH and throw the discs in there, would be my advice. Get your free movie and RUN like hell, would be my second piece of advice.
Old 09-15-12, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crap, I had this ordered, but canceled it a month ago.
Congrats!
Old 09-15-12, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,299 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Apparently, Marvel didn't get permission to replicate the case. Which means a shitty plastic piece of junk (I mean worse than the original plastic piece of junk) is awaiting those who ordered this set (I'm assuming Marvel and Buena Vista will be recruiting a Chinese cheap-ass lowest-bidder to fill the need). Just buy a goddamn briefcase from Rimowa GmbH and throw the discs in there, would be my advice. Get your free movie and RUN like hell, would be my second piece of advice.
So...how do you really feel?
Old 09-15-12, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 247 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Well at least you have your $5 DMR for Beverly Hills Chihuahua to fall back on.....
Old 09-15-12, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

No, thanks!
Old 09-15-12, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,710 Likes on 4,574 Posts

When this set went up for preorder, I had really wondered who that narrow target audience of folks were who liked these Marvel superhero flicks enough to want the fancy, expensive Collector's set, but not enough to own most or all of the previous movies on Blu Ray already.
Old 09-15-12, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried using the code today, but it kept discounting $21.96 from the discount and using the $3 credit I got from Titanic to cover the rest. I don't want to lose that $3 credit, I wonder if I go through with the order and email them they'll give me my $3 back.
Old 09-16-12, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I cancelled mine <24 hours before I received a code.
Old 09-16-12, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
When this set went up for preorder, I had really wondered who that narrow target audience of folks were who liked these Marvel superhero flicks enough to want the fancy, expensive Collector's set, but not enough to own most or all of the previous movies on Blu Ray already.
"raises hand"

I never got around to buying any of them even though I liked them. So I figured what the hell!

Also, huge Whedon fan.
Old 09-16-12, 08:21 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Me.

I only own The Incredible Hulk on BD. The others always cost way too much on BD for me. I never bit on a Cap or Thor when they went on sale but their regular price is too much in comparison to what it offers (the non 3D, I mean) in features.

I know I've said it a few times..but...they'd better add in those IM special features in the new set.
Old 09-16-12, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I owned all of them already but saw that if I sold them all, I'd come out ahead by getting this set. What helped me was that Thor was still sealed, I had the Iron Man mask case from Target and the green case for Hulk. Selling Hulk went a long way towards making the difference.
Old 09-16-12, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I owned all of them already but saw that if I sold them all, I'd come out ahead by getting this set. What helped me was that Thor was still sealed, I had the Iron Man mask case from Target and the green case for Hulk. Selling Hulk went a long way towards making the difference.
Are those worth something? I have the Iron Man mask and green Hulk case too. I actually want to get rid of Iron Man because the larger case is kind of annoying now. Heh.
Old 09-18-12, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts

Wish I hadn't cancelled my order Still a decent move on Amazon's part considering the delay was not their fault.
Old 09-18-12, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Are those worth something? I have the Iron Man mask and green Hulk case too. I actually want to get rid of Iron Man because the larger case is kind of annoying now. Heh.
I looked on ebay and didn't see anything about the green case unless I overlooked something. I have that and wouldn't care if I sold it or not. I planned on selling it anyway once the bid set came out.

Gonna keep the Iron Man head case though. It looked good with my Batman head case.
Old 09-18-12, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I got $20 for Iron Man and $32 for Hulk. People really seem to be interested in the green Hulk case. Iron Man had less of a demand but I'm satisfied with what I sold it for.
Old 09-18-12, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I got $20 for Iron Man and $32 for Hulk. People really seem to be interested in the green Hulk case. Iron Man had less of a demand but I'm satisfied with what I sold it for.
Did your Hulk have the lenticular slip w/ the green case or just the green case?
Old 09-18-12, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Did your Hulk have the lenticular slip w/ the green case or just the green case?
With lenticular slip
Old 09-18-12, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hulk looks sexy in a slip.
Old 09-20-12, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Me.

I only own The Incredible Hulk on BD. The others always cost way too much on BD for me. I never bit on a Cap or Thor when they went on sale but their regular price is too much in comparison to what it offers (the non 3D, I mean) in features.

I know I've said it a few times..but...they'd better add in those IM special features in the new set.

I preorder the set, and already owned the movies except Thor and Captain America. The cube just looked so cool, and the bonus disc was the selling point for me. I planned to sell my Marvel blu-rays to offset the cost too.

Now that I see Target has the same bonus disc, I may cancel. It's irritating that Thor and Captain America never go down in price, not even on used sites like gohastings.
Old 09-23-12, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 113 Posts

If you go to the Taget online ad and hover over the image of the 3D version of Avengers.. the popup shows it as $19.99... this is the 3D version with the bonus disc..

Spoiler:
Old 09-26-12, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
I preorder the set, and already owned the movies except Thor and Captain America. The cube just looked so cool, and the bonus disc was the selling point for me. I planned to sell my Marvel blu-rays to offset the cost too.

Now that I see Target has the same bonus disc, I may cancel. It's irritating that Thor and Captain America never go down in price, not even on used sites like gohastings.
Thor and Captain America are currently 14.99 on Amazon FYI. I plan to pick them up at this price.
Old 09-26-12, 06:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32

Thor and Captain America are $19.99 this week at Best Buy. FYI there both the 3D combo pack.