Best Buy AD 4/29 - 5/5

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-12, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy AD 4/29 - 5/5

Originally Posted by DJariya
Question for anyone who knows:

What is the difference between the $17.99 and $22.99 versions of New Year's Eve besides the extra DVD? Are there alot more extras in the $22.99 one?
I believe the Blu-ray contains only the movie with no extras. Only the Blu-ray Combo Pack has the extras.
Old 05-01-12, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SI78
Do all theaters take those movie cash coupons? I am planning to see Avengers in 3D Dbox with a party of 4, and those 8 dollar coupons sure would be nice (and effectively make the Marvel blu-rays $2/$12 with UGAS).
I don't know what coupons you're talking about? The Avengers cartoon has a $12 Movie Cash.

Edit: I did some research on where to find Avengers Movie Cash and saw that some people were getting only $8 movie cash with the Avengers cartoon DVDs, but they are supposed to be $12. The Avengers cartoons, X-men cartoon, Fantastic 4 cartoon and Iron Man cartoon are all supposed to have the $12 cash, while Spider-man cartoons should have $8. Avengers can be picked up at Walmart for $10 a piece (though I've only seen vols. 1 & 4...no 2 or 3).

You will not find movie cash with the live action movies as Disney is releasing The Avengers and the other live action movies aren't owned by Disney. I didn't think about it until I read someone else mention it. Disney owns the rights to Marvel properties, but the movie distribution rights for the individual characters are owned by other studios (mostly Paramount (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America), but also Universal (Hulk)). Since Disney owns the cartoons, they can package the movie cash with them, but not the live action movies.

Originally Posted by b2net
Incredible Hulk $5 w/o need of a trade in.... hope none of us bought it with a trade in.. cause if so.. we wasted a coupon...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Incr...cartModified=0
How did you get it for $5 without a trade-in? It shows $9.99 for me.
Old 05-01-12, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

The price went up on the Incredible Hulk, it was $5 for less than a day I believe
Old 05-01-12, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I will be getting Haywire, but I don't think I will do the trade-in to get it for $15 because I gotta believe this will be on sale for $15 anyway within a few weeks. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if it is that price NEXT week.
Old 05-03-12, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by obidawsn
Edit: I did some research on where to find Avengers Movie Cash and saw that some people were getting only $8 movie cash with the Avengers cartoon DVDs, but they are supposed to be $12. The Avengers cartoons, X-men cartoon, Fantastic 4 cartoon and Iron Man cartoon are all supposed to have the $12 cash, while Spider-man cartoons should have $8. Avengers can be picked up at Walmart for $10 a piece (though I've only seen vols. 1 & 4...no 2 or 3).
I've only seen the following: the Avengers Cartoons at Wal-mart (1 & 4) have a sticker for $12 movie cash while the Avengers Cartoons at Best Buy (All 4) have a sticker for $8 movie cash.

Of course, I wasn't paying attention when grabbing 2 & 3 at Best Buy and grabbed a Vol. 3 without a sticker. Guess I'll have to make a trip back for a return and rebuy.