Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Buy $10 Amazon GC for $5 Tuesday only!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-12, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Buy $10 Amazon GC for $5 Tuesday only!

Originally Posted by izatright
I haven't had a single Amazon.com order canceled, but that's not including Marketplace sellers. I've had a good share of those canceled on me.
I have. I've even had items they had in my gold box get cancelled.
Old 03-24-12, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

I haven't had Amazon cancel anything ever. Even ridiculously low priced items.
Old 03-25-12, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,091 Likes on 662 Posts

Guess they were serious about one per household only. I didn't read the fine print before I ordered one on my account and one on my wife's account but only mine went through.
Old 03-25-12, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
The bold part is inaccurate in my case. I did NOT know they would be canceled nor that they were price mistakes. If I had known, I wouldn't have wasted hours in vain ordering stuff that I thought was just on sale. They had even announced they were going to have a CD sale that day, and I thought that was it. I got excited because the prices were so good. So, if I ever see something that's cheap (like a CD normally priced at $10 for $2) I should not order it but just assume it's a price mistake? That's what you're saying.
No, I think he is saying that if it is a $10 CD that is selling for $2 you should have a pretty decent idea that it is a price mistake (not a whole lot of media items at amazon are 80% off). I think 99% of the people on this board would have some idea that a $20 DVD or bluray selling for $4 may not be legit. But if you do go ahead and order it, don't get angry or upset that it gets cancelled.

I do agree with you though that if it was a price mistake, that should be rectified in a couple of days rather than in two weeks.
Old 03-25-12, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
No, I think he is saying that if it is a $10 CD that is selling for $2 you should have a pretty decent idea that it is a price mistake (not a whole lot of media items at amazon are 80% off). I think 99% of the people on this board would have some idea that a $20 DVD or bluray selling for $4 may not be legit. But if you do go ahead and order it, don't get angry or upset that it gets cancelled.

I do agree with you though that if it was a price mistake, that should be rectified in a couple of days rather than in two weeks.
And that last part is the only reason Amazon gave me a credit to make up for some of my lost time, but getting that was like pulling teeth. However, I had heard on SD that Amazon was going to have a big CD sale that day, so when I went and checked to see certain items around 80% off I didn't immediately think "impossible... must be a price mistake so I'll just skip it". Instead I thought "wow... what a great sale... I'm going to buy a bunch of stuff".

I've seen many items sell very cheap in some sales and clearances, so expecting people to be certain what is or isn't a price mistake seems a bit unrealistic. It would be like ordering nothing on Cyber Monday or Black Friday because the prices seem too good to be true and assuming they must be price mistakes that will be canceled so don't bother. If an Amazon Marketplace seller has an item (such as a phone case) for $4 that costs $40 at Best Buy or Amazon itself, should I assume it's a price mistake or just that the seller wants to sell it cheap? I've had that type of situation go both ways... sometimes it was honored and meant to be that price, other times the order was canceled as a price mistake. There's just no way to know which is why I'm not happy when so many orders get canceled.
Old 03-25-12, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe make an Amazon thread to complain about all this stuff in the store forums since this deal died awhile ago?