Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Lady and the Tramp coupon

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-12, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lady and the Tramp coupon

Originally Posted by Decker
I did once, but it was a huge to-do, requiring a manager's override and was just a royal pain.
Same here. It was really frustrating and 20 minutes I'll never get back.

Just think of it as $5 off instead of $10 off, and you'll still do better even if you never pick up the Muppets film.
Old 02-06-12, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
Same here. It was really frustrating and 20 minutes I'll never get back.

Just think of it as $5 off instead of $10 off, and you'll still do better even if you never pick up the Muppets film.
Oh yes definitely! It is still a great deal no matter what
Old 02-07-12, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by PaperJen
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of purchasing this bluray at Toys R Us using the $10 off discount for the Muppets pre-order. However I have no interest in the Muppets and was wondering if I could eventually get my $5 deposit refunded back a few days after and if so would this have any consequence on the $10 discount I received for Lady and the Tramp? Also, does anyone know if perhaps Toys R Us is offering a pre-order card with $10 discount for The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride bluray? If so, than I'd prefer to do that since I would keep that pre-order as well. Thanks for any help!
I've done it before without any problems when Tangled was too expensive. It was quick and painless. But when Cars 2 came out and it was too expensive, as well, I decided against it, just out of ethical reasons. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm not going to say anything against someone doing it because I've done it and was very tempted to do it with Cars 2. But if I go in to the deal thinking the $5 off instead of $10, I feel better about it.
Old 02-07-12, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by obidawsn
I've done it before without any problems when Tangled was too expensive. It was quick and painless. But when Cars 2 came out and it was too expensive, as well, I decided against it, just out of ethical reasons. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm not going to say anything against someone doing it because I've done it and was very tempted to do it with Cars 2. But if I go in to the deal thinking the $5 off instead of $10, I feel better about it.
Some TRUS places will make you buy the movie and then come back for return. There is one place near me where the manager has done that.
However I feel same as OBIDAWSN above - it is better not to misuse it - since TRUS has given us some good deals. Just buy it and use it as Christmas/Holiday gift - Disney BD/DVD can always be given away. Plus prices always go up after opening week you are even - if you sell it at purchase price. OR just get $5 off and don't buy it.

Last edited by soundman2; 02-07-12 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-07-12, 09:54 AM

Received 827 Likes on 548 Posts

If you plan on getting the Muppets, I think TRU has the best deal.
12.74 plus a five dollar gift card out of pocket today for the three disc.
Old 02-07-12, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Toddarino
If you plan on getting the Muppets, I think TRU has the best deal.
12.74 plus a five dollar gift card out of pocket today for the three disc.
And you don't really need to buy The Muppets at TRU (they may not have the best price on day of release). You can always get your $5 deposit returned as cash any time. I have never had an issue or wait to that but some here certainly have.

These deals always require patience as it takes 15-20 minutes to get every discount applied, assuming you've got a store that's willing to work the deal and not deny you. That's easy enough to do by declaring the pre-sale discount a coupon and not letting you stack both. The DMR coupon does say something about one coupon per offer.

I was able to get 2 copies of the 3 Disc Diamond Edition for $20.94 plus a $10 gift card out the door, took about 15 minutes. However I do not think that I actually have 2 pre-orders for The Muppets, as I see nothing on my receipt. The receipt is very confusing to say the least.

I'm not going to argue with $5.50 each counting the gift card as cash since I'll certainly use it on something else (maybe The Muppets along with another pre-order!).

Last edited by popegregFKAgoblin23; 02-07-12 at 11:22 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-07-12, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got the 2-disc for $5.xx after a $10 rz cert. They let me use the $8 coupon since that was the only one I brought and they didn't have the dc version. I pm'ed Target too. Got the Tramp plush since I already got the Lady when the DVD came out. Do note that the plush is tiny. Less than half normal size.
Old 02-07-12, 12:09 PM

In case anybody is interested, the $8 off DMR coupon works on the 2-Disc version of Lady and the Tramp bluray at Target. I just got back from there and took advantage of their $8 off with purchase of another Disney bluray. Ended up Using the $8 off DMR coupon on the 2 disc set, got the $8 off for buying Dumbo along with it, and i also had a $3 off any Disney bluray DMR coupon that i received in my email a few days ago. So i ended up leaving the store with both Lady and The Tramp 2 disc bluray and Dumbo bluray for $25.40 after using my redcard and getting 5% off. So came out to $12.70 for each bluray...not bad if i say so!
Old 02-07-12, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by DarkPhantom13
In case anybody is interested, the $8 off DMR coupon works on the 2-Disc version of Lady and the Tramp bluray at Target. I just got back from there and took advantage of their $8 off with purchase of another Disney bluray. Ended up Using the $8 off DMR coupon on the 2 disc set, got the $8 off for buying Dumbo along with it, and i also had a $3 off any Disney bluray DMR coupon that i received in my email a few days ago. So i ended up leaving the store with both Lady and The Tramp 2 disc bluray and Dumbo bluray for $25.40 after using my redcard and getting 5% off. So came out to $12.70 for each bluray...not bad if i say so!
I wouldn't doubt it. Disney coupons have always worked on the other versions of the movie (probably even another Disney movie the way coupons are usually coded), but many choose not to do it since it's not ethical and if abused could lead Disney to stop releasing the coupons. But it happens everytime and they haven't, yet (though they have lowered the price of the coupons). At least they got smart, this time, and released a coupon for each version instead of just the more expensive version. That way more people will probably use the correct coupon for the correct item. But with the TRU deal, the point is moot, since the 3-disc is the better deal, anyway.
Old 02-07-12, 03:23 PM

Walked out with it for $8.22 after applying $8 off (cashier didn't even blink, though I was using it for the 2 disc), $5 trade in, and $5 gift card I had.

Cheers.
Old 02-07-12, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkPhantom13
I did the exact same thing. $26.06 after taxes. But I forgot to cancel my Amazon order in time, so I have the 3 disc coming for $17.99 as well . But I'm pretty sure I can gift that over time.
Old 02-07-12, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I did the exact same thing. $26.06 after taxes. But I forgot to cancel my Amazon order in time, so I have the 3 disc coming for $17.99 as well . But I'm pretty sure I can gift that over time.
Or you can send it back.
Old 02-08-12, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Or you can send it back.
And he'd pay a couple dollars in postage, or he can return the Target one. He'd have to look at his receipt to find out how much he'd get back after his combination deal, but it could work out better.

Every Disney coupon cycle someone posts that the coupon for version Y of movie X also works on version Z at Target. Yes, that's been the case for as long as I've heard and it's not even worth posting. It would be worth posting when that's no longer the case. What I'm curious about is whether Target gets their money from the manufacturer when people do this, and I doubt that anybody here or at Target (except perhaps the store manager) would have the slightest clue about it. Heck, I looked for the Bodega section yesterday having heard about over the weekend and couldn't find it. The first 2 employees I asked had never even heard of a Bodega section. It took the 3rd employee to take me there to see 2 full aisles of stuff. In fact, last week a product I wanted was on sale with a special GC promotion. It comes in different quantites at different prices which didn't affect the promo. I couldn't find any of the type I wanted, so I asked if they had these items. Two employees (including a supervisor with a clipboard) tried to help and told me that the type I wanted was OOS so I left emptyhanded. Then yesterday I see that they had shelves of this product on clearance in the Bodega section, and had those 2 employees last week had any clue they could've told me to go to the Bodega section and I could've gotten them with the GC promotion last week. But I've learned to expect most B&M store employees (including supervisors) to have any clue about product they sell is silly.

After reading the TRU stories here and elsewhere whenever there's a deal like this makes me happy to pay $5 more to get it from somewhere nearby without all the extra potential hassle. I'm still trying to remember if I've ever bought a movie from TRU in my life. Target is the least hassle, and surprisingly when I got there late yesterday they hadn't sold out of all their LATT BD packages. (Previous Disney BD releases have been notoriously understocked there on release day.)

Last edited by Manzana; 02-08-12 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-08-12, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
And he'd pay a couple dollars in postage, or he can return the Target one. He'd have to look at his receipt to find out how much he'd get back after his combination deal, but it could work out better.
I picked the 3 disc version up yesterday at TRU for 12.89 out the door plus the $5 giftcard. I sent my Amazon copy back and paid zero. I called UPS to tell them I wanted to refuse the package and send it back, and they're coming out to pick it up tomorrow.
Old 02-09-12, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana

Every Disney coupon cycle someone posts that the coupon for version Y of movie X also works on version Z at Target. Yes, that's been the case for as long as I've heard and it's not even worth posting. It would be worth posting when that's no longer the case. What I'm curious about is whether Target gets their money from the manufacturer when people do this, and I doubt that anybody here or at Target (except perhaps the store manager) would have the slightest clue about it. Heck, I looked for the Bodega section yesterday having heard about over the weekend and couldn't find it. The first 2 employees I asked had never even heard of a Bodega section. It took the 3rd employee to take me there to see 2 full aisles of stuff. In fact, last week a product I wanted was on sale with a special GC promotion. It comes in different quantites at different prices which didn't affect the promo. I couldn't find any of the type I wanted, so I asked if they had these items. Two employees (including a supervisor with a clipboard) tried to help and told me that the type I wanted was OOS so I left emptyhanded. Then yesterday I see that they had shelves of this product on clearance in the Bodega section, and had those 2 employees last week had any clue they could've told me to go to the Bodega section and I could've gotten them with the GC promotion last week. But I've learned to expect most B&M store employees (including supervisors) to have any clue about product they sell is silly.

After reading the TRU stories here and elsewhere whenever there's a deal like this makes me happy to pay $5 more to get it from somewhere nearby without all the extra potential hassle. I'm still trying to remember if I've ever bought a movie from TRU in my life. Target is the least hassle, and surprisingly when I got there late yesterday they hadn't sold out of all their LATT BD packages. (Previous Disney BD releases have been notoriously understocked there on release day.)
If you refuse the package, then they will send it back with no charge. That may sound wrong to do, but even Amazon customer service will tell you to do it. I had forgotten to cancel my pre-order for the Lion King and they shipped it out. I told Amazon about it, and they told me to just refuse the package.

As for the TRU deal, I usually have no trouble. Only one time did I have any problems, but I was stacking a lot of coupons. Even when people were having trouble back with Dumbo and Lion King, I didn't have any problems. With LatT, the transaction went pretty smoothly. The only problem I really had was that the cashier forgot to ring up the coupon because I was at the Customer service desk and another cashier came up to ask a question and distracted her. She had to re-ring everything, but it only took 30 seconds, at the most, to do the transaction over. I haven't read too many stories of people having trouble this time around other than one person said their store admitted to hiding the pre-orders for Muppets so people wouldn't get the discount, which was just that one store being difficult. A few others have said that their store didn't have the pre-orders, but again, I'm sure that was that particular store being lazy and not putting them out. That or they could wait a day or two and they'll probably be there.