Last edit by: DVD Polizei
Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-13, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

$19.99 In Store Only! This week while Supplies Last at your nearest Best Buy Store!

Online Advertisement (Lower Left of This Week's Deal)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Music-Mo....c?id=cat02015

Old 03-17-13, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I think the problem is ... would better suit your "insights"
It's not about command of the language. It's about a concept, and I was just trying to explain it. I wasn't attacking kenbenobi, and I see no reason why you felt the need to sarcastically attack me.

But I'm actually posting deal information so here goes...
Some of those $9.99 B1G1 titles have larger trade-in values at Amazon. If you only want to buy one film, you can pick up another and trade it for Amazon credit for more than $5. A few examples (at the moment) are Lawrence of Arabia ($8.95), The Rum Diary ($6.50), 30 Minutes or Less ($6.48) and Of Gods and Men ($7.34). Even though some may be sold out online, they may still be available in store. You only get 7 days to ship the titles to Amazon.
Old 03-19-13, 07:04 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Lawrence of Arabia is actually available to order online. I ordered it earlier.
Old 03-19-13, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by g
Lawrence of Arabia is actually available to order online. I ordered it earlier.
Not available for shipping.

But you can order it online for in-store pickup.

Also, be warned, Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind (Blu-ray Essentials) only includes Disc 1 of the 2-disc set.
Old 03-19-13, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

They should call them Blu-ray One-Disc Essentials.

Holding out for a lower LOA "Limited Edition".
Old 03-19-13, 11:07 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

It was available for most of the day for home shipping. If you missed it, I would check back. It was still available, but on backorder when I posted.
Old 03-20-13, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
They should call them Blu-ray One-Disc Essentials.

Holding out for a lower LOA "Limited Edition".
LoA and Gandhi are both 2 discs.
Old 03-20-13, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by goblin23
LoA and Gandhi are both 2 discs.
I think he was referring to the Close Encounters re-release without the 2nd disc of extras.
Old 03-20-13, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
I think he was referring to the Close Encounters re-release without the 2nd disc of extras.
That could very well be, but "them" implies a more general statement.

No big deal though

Last edited by popegregFKAgoblin23; 03-20-13 at 09:19 AM. Reason: g
Old 03-21-13, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Finally ordered LoA. Got an email that LoA is available to pick up. Strange when I went to the same store yesterday they didn't have it. Since I ordered online, I am forced to wait for Inside Job to ship out even though there were at least 6 copies of that particular movie in store.

Also, I was talking to the CSR in the Games section at another BB and was saying that LOA wasn't available for shipping and he was saying that the product was being discountinued. I find it weird that a movie less than 6 months from release date was being discountinued while there were 30+ copies of Zero Dark Thirty in the store. But that's Best Buy for you.
Old 03-21-13, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Finally ordered LoA. Got an email that LoA is available to pick up. Strange when I went to the same store yesterday they didn't have it. Since I ordered online, I am forced to wait for Inside Job to ship out even though there were at least 6 copies of that particular movie in store.

Also, I was talking to the CSR in the Games section at another BB and was saying that LOA wasn't available for shipping and he was saying that the product was being discountinued. I find it weird that a movie less than 6 months from release date was being discountinued while there were 30+ copies of Zero Dark Thirty in the store. But that's Best Buy for you.
He probably meant that it was being discontinued at Best Buy, meaning that Best Buy is not going to be carrying it anymore. I work at Target and we have movies that go "discontinued" all the time. The movies themselves have not been discontinued, it just means that Target won't be carrying the movie anymore.
Old 03-21-13, 02:46 PM

Picked up

Attack the Block
Donnie Brasco
A Woman, a Gun and a Noodle Shop
The Other Guys

$20.00!

Got the 2nd to last copies of ATB and DB. The ones left were both floaters so I guess I got the last good copies. Also picked up an Ernest triple pack dvd set with Goes to Camp, Scared Stupid and Goes to Jail for $4.99

No copies of the $19.99 Avengers set to be found but in the $7.99 bin were several of the 50th Anniversary James Bond movies so check the bins if you are still lacking a couple.
Old 03-21-13, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My store had like a dozen copies of LoA last night, which weren't there the day before. So it sounds like they are re-stocking...
Old 03-21-13, 06:05 PM

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know if BB will price match using a competitor's coupon? Was hoping to use the Target Disney coupon at BB to get the bonus points.
Old 03-21-13, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by tbender
This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know if BB will price match using a competitor's coupon? Was hoping to use the Target Disney coupon at BB to get the bonus points.
They've said that they are doing more aggressive price matching but how each store does things is so up and down depending on the manager that there is no way to be sure without trying.
Old 03-21-13, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55

What is LoA?
Old 03-21-13, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu Soul
What is LoA?
Lawrence of Arabia
Old 03-22-13, 06:11 PM
Cool New Member

Excuse me but I must vent my frustrations.

I placed an order on Sunday evening, I was sure to use my current address. The order was for 4 different blu-rays. They shipped the order out, split up into 4 different packages, 2 packages went to an older address, another to a different older address, and only one was shipped to the current address I requested.

I spoke to customer service when I realized this error, she came just shy of telling me that the issue was my fault for not paying better attention to the tracking information they sent out after the confirmation email.

I finally spoke to someone who realized it was the systems mistake and not mine, however they still expect me to go to the post office to try and intercept the package before it's sent to the wrong address.

I've got no problem doing that, as it's on my way, however I'm pretty sure when I get there they will tell me that the trucks have already left and I'll be on the phone with Best Buy customer service for another 2 hours again.

Okay, end rant.
Old 03-22-13, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

A few of the titles that were showing as "Sold Out Online" before were available now. I was particularly interested in Stand by Me and was disappointed when it wasn't listed previously as available.
Old 03-22-13, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow. Some great titles in this batch. I ordered Lawrence of Arabia and Pirates band of misfits. I was going to get a second batch, but it looks like it doesn't work if both of the items are backordered.
Old 03-22-13, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
wow. Some great titles in this batch. I ordered Lawrence of Arabia and Pirates band of misfits. I was going to get a second batch, but it looks like it doesn't work if both of the items are backordered.
I was able to place a BOGO order with Stand by Me and The Pirates, both backordered.
Old 03-23-13, 03:13 PM

Placed a 2nd order on this sale and thought I missed out on LoA again. It went from backorder to not available by the time I started to order. But it's available for pickup at a local store so will do that (and wait for Stand by Me to ship).

$5.43 with tax, after RZ coupon. Gotta love this sale.
Old 03-23-13, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stopped in at my local Best Buy and took advantage of the 2-for-1 deal. Thankfully, they still had copies of "Lawrence of Arabia", so I picked up that and "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".
Old 03-26-13, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I placed an order for Attack Block and Gun, Noodle... when both were in stock early in the sale.

Just received an email from Best Buy that Attack the Block is still backordered and if it is not in-stock by 3/31, they will either cancel the order or I can call them in advance and try to see if a nearby store has a copy I can pick up or select a comparable title.

Does anyone have any experience with this? It was a B1G1, so a) will I be charged the full price for the other title if they simply cancel Attack the Block and b) is the replacement title limited to titles that were part of the promotion or do you think they will just make it general to any title they sell for the same price?

EDIT: Just got off the phone with the rep. She could not extend the date to keep the backorder open, but notated in the open case that if the title were to be canceled and I call back, I would be able to substitute another Blu-ray title that is the same price ($9.99) and it will be shipped to me for free since I have already been charged the full order price for the BOGO order and am entitled to one free title.

I expect this to be a headache if/when Attack the Block gets canceled on 4/1. But, if all goes well, I'm going to try to sub in either The Cincinnati Kid or The Name of the Rose.

Last edited by BambooLounge; 03-26-13 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-26-13, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Expect a headache, mostly for having to deal with Best Buy's customer service over the phone. I don't believe they will somehow add an extra $5 charge after the fact, if the other item has already shipped out and the backordered one gets canceled. You simply won't get the backordered Blu-ray.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.