Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Clash of the Titans and Unknown $5 ea at Kmart B&M

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-12, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$5 Blu-rays at Kmart B&M

Thanks to another forum I was able to find these at my local Kmart for $5 each. The price tags were much higher but they scanned at the price checker and register fine. It will be a YMMV based upon your kmart. The movie isle in my store was a huge mess, I had to search most the racks before I found both titles..

Clash of the Titans (remake)
Unknown (possibly with DVD and digital copy)
Hangover
Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by duganrm; 02-03-12 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-29-12, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 170 Posts
Re: Clash of the Titans and Unknown $5 ea at Kmart B&M

The blu-ray-only Unknown was at my Kmart and stickered at $5.00. No sign of a combo pack.
Old 02-01-12, 04:17 PM

I am not sure how to tell if it is a combo pack without the slip. There seems to be no indication on the case itself that it is. Is there a way to tell without opening up the case (I usually don't open them till I watch them)?

I also added 2 more titles that are being reported on a different forum. Hangover and Sherlock Holmes. Will have to try another Kmart as I don't think my closest one has them.
Old 02-01-12, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by duganrm
I am not sure how to tell if it is a combo pack without the slip. There seems to be no indication on the case itself that it is. Is there a way to tell without opening up the case (I usually don't open them till I watch them)?
If it doesn't have the slipcover, it's probably only the bluray. However, you should be able to feel the cover to see if there's a hole where the disc would go.
Old 02-01-12, 06:56 PM

unknown and sherlock holmes are both combo packs at kmart. $5. also saw haunting at winchester house or whatever its called..
Old 02-01-12, 07:13 PM

I saw the Blu-Rays of Clash of the Titans, both Kill Bills, The Crow, The Expendables, and a few others at my K-Mart underneath the 5 dollar bin of DVDs. I had an employee price check Clash and Expendables, but only Clash was $5.00. I'm not sure about the others. Clash was stickered at $14.99.
Old 02-01-12, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

tecHouse, thank you for making me rethink my post above where I said I only found the 1-disc. I said so because the package didn't have any language pertaining to the DVD & digital copy.

So, I googled the UPCs of the 2 versions and saw that the combo-pack ended in 23.

I just came back from the store where I bought Unknown with the UPC ending in 23. The cover art said nothing about anything besides the blu-ray but lo and behold, the DVD/digital copy disc was inside!!

Woohoo!

Same went for Sherlock Holmes. Cover art said nothing about the DVD/digital copy disc but it's there!
Old 02-01-12, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by tecHouse
also saw haunting at winchester house or whatever its called..
I think I have seen a small grouping of other titles like Mega shark vs Giant Octopus at my store as well.

Originally Posted by GuessWho
tecHouse, thank you for making me rethink my post above where I said I only found the 1-disc. I said so because the package didn't have any language pertaining to the DVD & digital copy.

So, I googled the UPCs of the 2 versions and saw that the combo-pack ended in 23.

I just came back from the store where I bought Unknown with the UPC ending in 23. The cover art said nothing about anything besides the blu-ray but lo and behold, the DVD/digital copy disc was inside!!

Woohoo!

Same went for Sherlock Holmes. Cover art said nothing about the DVD/digital copy disc but it's there!
That was kinda what I was trying to ask above (but not very well). Mine has the slip but if I take it off, I have no way of knowing if it had the dvd or not.

I bought a copy Sherlock Holmes tonight but no slip so I have no idea if it has the dvd or not. I tried to feel up the front of it but I can't really tell.

Originally Posted by N8 Storm
I saw the Blu-Rays of Clash of the Titans, both Kill Bills, The Crow, The Expendables, and a few others at my K-Mart underneath the 5 dollar bin of DVDs. I had an employee price check Clash and Expendables, but only Clash was $5.00. I'm not sure about the others. Clash was stickered at $14.99.
The Expendables should come up as $9.99. My local store also has the Director's Cut with a $9.99 sticker on it but someone on the bluray.com forum said it will ring up higher. (they were able to get a price adjustment to sticker price). No idea on the other movies, I hauled about 10 different movies over to a price checker to see if any rang up lower but wasn't able to find any others beyond what I listed.

I haven't found a copy of Hangover yet. I'll have to recheck my close store as I wasn't looking for it when I went in there.
Old 02-01-12, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought a copy Sherlock Holmes tonight but no slip so I have no idea if it has the dvd or not. I tried to feel up the front of it but I can't really tell.
My UPC is 8 83929 08699 3 and has the dvd. If you match, I say open it.
Old 02-01-12, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
My UPC is 8 83929 08699 3 and has the dvd. If you match, I say open it.
Thanks, that is the UPC on it. Not like the gf would have let me return it if it wasn't the right one. She has been wanting to see it again recently (last time we saw it was in theaters).
Old 02-02-12, 02:29 PM

Picked up Sherlock Holmes, was tempted by Clash of the Titans but reflecting on what I actually thought of the movie, I don't see myself watching it again. I much prefer the Hamlin version even though the effects are more primitive.

Wasn't really interested by Hangover or Unknown. But I did want to mention that many of the blu-ray titles at K-Mart are less than they are stickered. Pulp Fiction was priced $14.99 but scanned $9.99. Same thing with Sin City. The unrated director's cut of Expendables was only $9.99 too.

Not as good as $5 but still some pretty good titles for less than $10.

Edit: Oops, I guess this has been covered by people upthread. Thanks again to the OP for Sherlock Holmes.
Old 02-02-12, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by moklerman
I much prefer the Hamlin version even though the effects are more primitive.
I haven't seen the remake, but I love Ray Harryhausen so I have to assume the original is better.
Old 02-03-12, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up Unknown and Sherlock Holmes at the Fairhaven, MA store. Both were marked $14.99 but rang up for $5.00. Unknown is the combo pack, minus the slipcover andSherlock Holmes is the BD only.
Old 02-03-12, 09:01 PM

I found Hangover at my local store. They had 5ish in stock.

I checked Hangover 2, Battle: LA, and Kill Bill 1&2 and none are on sale. I keep hoping to find other titles with the price checker but no luck so far.

I have also been reading that studios are not changing UPCs every time they remove the DVD/Digital copy from sets so that may not be the best way to track what titles have them.
Old 02-03-12, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, Sherlock's digital copy code is expired.