Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

BEN HUR UCE Best Buy Exclusive -- 10.99 at B&M

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-11, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BEN HUR UCE Best Buy Exclusive -- 10.99 at B&M

I'll probably get Rise of Apes BD with the $10.
Old 12-06-11, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bit late...

Received both Ben Hur UCE (w/ figure) and Citizen Kane 50th Digibook last Wednesday.

Sorry to all those that got cancelled... I work overnights so at least that's good for one or two good things each year when early deals come (I believe this went up around 4:30-5:00AM CST)

My girlfriend saw the Ben Hur box and just about fell over when I told her it was $11. Luckily it's about half the size once you open it (it's a box packaged in another box with the figure).

Still have not received my BF copies of Pulp/Jackie Brown that were in that order as well.
Old 12-06-11, 11:08 AM

Well I sent a nice but firm email to them saying that this wasn't a pricing error and that many people did get the deal, and it was not fair that some are being denied it. I pointed out that had I used in-store pick-up or even gone to the store days later I would have gotten that price. I also pointed out that the $10, while a nice gesture, did not make up for the difference between the regular price and the price we should have received the set at. Unfortunately that got me no where, which isn't a huge surprise.

But, there was a silver lining. I finally went to order the regular version using my coupon, and it has price dropped down to $12.99. So I was able to grab it for $2.99 after coupon. Really can't complain about that! Now if I get super-lucky and they grab the UCE set that I know is still sitting on the shelf instead of the standard set, I'll be really happy. Not holding my breath on that one though!
Old 12-06-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jediturtle

But, there was a silver lining. I finally went to order the regular version using my coupon, and it has price dropped down to $12.99. So I was able to grab it for $2.99 after coupon. Really can't complain about that! Now if I get super-lucky and they grab the UCE set that I know is still sitting on the shelf instead of the standard set, I'll be really happy. Not holding my breath on that one though!

Thanks for the heads-up. I ordered it at $4.99, but I haven't picked it up yet. I'll make sure that they adjust the price down two bucks.
Old 12-06-11, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jediturtle
Well I sent a nice but firm email to them saying that this wasn't a pricing error and that many people did get the deal, and it was not fair that some are being denied it. I pointed out that had I used in-store pick-up or even gone to the store days later I would have gotten that price. I also pointed out that the $10, while a nice gesture, did not make up for the difference between the regular price and the price we should have received the set at. Unfortunately that got me no where, which isn't a huge surprise.

No such luck on them pulling the big set, but I'm still thrilled to get the regular version for such a great price. I can't wait to watch it...I have never seen it before and know I'm in for a treat!
Old 12-06-11, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Thanks for the heads-up. I ordered it at $4.99, but I haven't picked it up yet. I'll make sure that they adjust the price down two bucks.
They will charge you $2.99. I ordered mine Saturday @ $4.99, & picked it up today unaware of the price change. I just looked at my receipt and it was adjusted!!
Old 12-10-11, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks I didnt get the Ben-Hur set. Today I ended up getting 3 blu rays (cowboys and aliens, SUper 8, Captain America) and a $10 GIft Card for $52.12 after I used the $10 promo code they sent to apologize with.
Old 12-14-11, 08:00 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

For anyone that might be interested apparantly they are having some kind of 3 day "sale" and the set is part of the deal and is priced at $12.99.

The kicker is this though...the set is sold out online and is not available for instore pick up. HOWEVER, if you have a store nearby and they have it in stock I see no reason why they wouldn't honor it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Ben-Hur%...0ray&lp=2&cp=1
Old 12-14-11, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I still don't know what to get with my 10$.. but I think about maybe going to best buy and seeing if they have this instock, and then price matching the website.
Old 12-14-11, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Hah. So this wasn't a pricing error after all. Lyin' sacks of shit.
Old 12-14-11, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
I still don't know what to get with my 10$.. but I think about maybe going to best buy and seeing if they have this instock, and then price matching the website.
The $10 they sent only works online?
Old 12-14-11, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by whotony
The $10 they sent only works online?
yeah.. It was like 2 statements in the same post.
Old 12-14-11, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

yeah.. It was like 2 statements in the same post.
I accidentally put a ? There I was making a statement. How will you use the $10 in store if it only works online?
Old 12-14-11, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
...the set is sold out online and is not available for instore pick up.
Thanks again, Best Buy!
Old 12-14-11, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by whotony
I accidentally put a ? There I was making a statement. How will you use the $10 in store if it only works online?
I wouldn't. I was saying separately that I still didn't know what to use the $10 on. And then I was saying that I might head to the store to get this set and Price match the site.
Old 12-14-11, 10:03 AM

oops! Nevermind.
Old 12-14-11, 10:30 AM
Cool New Member

I wouldn't. I was saying separately that I still didn't know what to use the $10 on. And then I was saying that I might head to the store to get this set and Price match the site.
Is it possible to buy a gift card with the 10 dollars off?
Old 12-14-11, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by novaadage
Is it possible to buy a gift card with the 10 dollars off?
Nope. Herre's the fine print:

*Digital Coupons can be used only one time and must be redeemed by offer expiration date. Full value of Digital Coupon must be used within a single transaction; remaining value will not be saved for future use. Coupon cannot be applied toward Best Buy Gift Cards, Performance Service Plans, Product Replacement Plans, state recycling fees, installation fees and third-party purchases. Redeemable online only. Coupon cannot be replaced if it is lost, stolen, or if you cancel or return your order. Coupons are nontransferable. Not redeemable for cash. Not valid as payment on the Best Buy credit card. Valid major credit card required for online purchases. To see how the value of Digital Coupon has been allocated within your order, view your Order Status. You are receiving this e-mail so we can send you this order information. If you have opted out of e-mail marketing communications from Best Buy, we will continue to honor your opt-out request. For more information, call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).
Old 12-14-11, 03:36 PM

Picked up one today in Champaign, IL, for $12.99. Manager matched the web site price, no questions asked!
Old 12-14-11, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

I picked up the only set on the shelf in Honolulu this morning. The manager had a look of shocked disbelief on his face for a while, but found no reason to deny the price match.
Old 12-15-11, 12:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Received Ben Hur but Citizen Kane was canceled and received a refund from bestbuy.
Old 12-15-11, 11:27 AM

DVDMagic, thanks for the heads-up. My original order was canceled, and I wasn't smart enough to do ship-to-store. I used my $10 coupon on two $8 movies, and today I was able to pick up the UCE for 12.99 after getting a manager to match the web site. Score!

I wonder what made Best Buy drop the online price again... the cashier said it was probably a glitch, which it may well be. Anyway, they still haven't "fixed" the price after a day of being on sale.
Old 12-15-11, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ecthelion
I wonder what made Best Buy drop the online price again...
I think BB has been trying to clear the UCE with "exclusive Roman Soldier Figurine" from its inventory. Very few buyers are interested in the cheezy statuette, yet the set was priced $10 higher than the standard UCE boxset at BB, and that was again $10 more than Amazon, and I think Fry's are charging. It's an enormous box that takes up signifcant shelf space, whether on the retail shelves, or in the warehouse. It's a loser, financially. Better for BB to clear it out, continue selling the regular UCE and put 20 Blu-rays in the space the "exclusive" boxset was occupying.
Old 12-15-11, 12:59 PM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I pass 2 Best Buys on the way home, and stopped at the first one and was denied price matching the website due to it not being in stock on line. Then I decided to try the other store and was successful. I think it was due to the other store mostly being manned by Christmas help. But walking out the store with that set for under $14 made me a happy man.
Old 12-15-11, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

I'm considering trying to do the price match at a store. It's a bit of a drive, but it would be worth it if successful.

I'm sort of pissed off because I checked the order status of the Citizen Kane that I ordered and it has been cancelled without so much of a notice. I emailed them to see what they say, but that version isn't even showing up on the website anymore. Now I remember why I had pretty much quit shopping at Best Buy ...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.