Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Blowitoutahere.com Warner Blowout deals

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-11, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Blowitoutahere.com Warner Blowout deals

I got a shipping notice the day after my order. Immediately after placing my order I got an email with a link to track my order.

If I don't get the combo versions of the discs I ordered I'm not going to complain, as long as it has the blu-ray included the price was fair. I couldn't even bring myself to buy Arthur at this price, I would watch Arthur but I really don't think I need to own it. I took a chance on Hall Pass though.

I picked up Due Date, Hereafter, Unknown, Hall Pass

Last edited by The Void; 12-06-11 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-06-11, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Void
I got a shipping notice the day after my order. Immediately after placing my order I got an email with a link to track my order.
Did the email come from blowitoutahere.com or another address?
Old 12-06-11, 10:09 AM
Cool New Member

Due Date, Hall Pass -- combo and with slip
Red Riding Hood, Inception -- combo no slip

My Hereafter is the non slipcover BR only version. Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-06-11, 10:42 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Did the email come from blowitoutahere.com or another address?
Came from [email protected]. I got a notice of shipment.
Old 12-06-11, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by movieprince
Due Date, Hall Pass -- combo and with slip
Red Riding Hood, Inception -- combo no slip

My Hereafter is the non slipcover BR only version. Does anyone else have this problem?
Just got my order (Arthur, Red Riding Hood, Hereafter)--will need to remember these guys in the future! All look new/sealed. None have slipcovers. None say combo on the front or back so I don't know if DVD or Digital Copy are included. As I don't really use either of those (I buy BD b/c I want HD!), this is not an issue for me one way or the other.
Old 12-06-11, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My copy of Red Riding Hood and Hereafter did not come with a slipcover or DVD just the BD. The jacket description reads like a DVD should be included. Even the blowitoutahere site says it should be 2 discs. All of the other movies did come with the DVD/Digital Copy discs.

Last edited by GMan2819; 12-06-11 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-06-11, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I ordered Hereafter BD and didn't receive that title. I recieved a brand new dvd copy of the 25th Anniversary of Back to the Future Trilogy. I took a chance with them.
Old 12-06-11, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by darkhawk
I ordered Hereafter BD and didn't receive that title. I recieved a brand new dvd copy of the 25th Anniversary of Back to the Future Trilogy. I took a chance with them.
I also ordered Hereafter BD, but I received "Tom and Jerry & The Wizard of Oz Original Movie" DVD. The order number was on the email they sent me thanking me for my PayPal order, but their Customer Service Order Status link didn't recognize it. Replied to their email requesting the correct title and a shipper for the return. Not counting on this being rectified (at least I will only be out $5.73).
Old 12-06-11, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Due Date, Hall Pass, Unknown -- combo and with slip
Red Riding Hood -- combo no slip
Splice -- single disc don;t think it had a slip to begin with

Arthur -- no slip, single disc BUT there is something strange with this disc in that the UPC 883929191178 should be correct for the combo pack, but once opened it only has a single bluray disc (no DVD no Digital Code). The UPC for the single disc appears to be 883929197972.

The shrinkwrap looked normal, the disc looks untouched, so I wonder if this could be a manufacturers problem rather than a site issue. Else -- someone opened it, exchanged the cover art, re-shrinkwrapped, and returned it to the store (or the store did it which is lot of work from a couple bucks).

I really wasn't going to open this immediately since it felt light, but I checked the UPC on 2 or 3 different places including blowitoutofhere and it looks like the correct number.

Anybody else with the incorrect Arthur have this same problem, or is this a one-off for me.

USPS Media Mail - I'm in NC so reasonably close to KY origination.

Overall for what this cost I'm not unhappy and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on the one misorder for now. The slips were in better shape than most of my Target Instore purchases, Amazon left the slips off about 1/2 my BF week purchases, and this came in a big cardboard box and not a thin nonpadded baggie like my BN shipment today (again).
It's kinda strange. When I do a search on Amazon with 883929191178 , I get the Arthur 1D, but when I enter it into DVD Profiler it comes up as the combo pack.

Got Unknown BR/DVD, UPC 883929157723, it does the same thing as Arthur, In Profiler it is the BD/DVD Combo, at Amazon, it only says it's 1D. However there's no indication on this or any other case (Due Date, Hereafter) that a DVD copy of the movie is included.

Anyone that has opened these, can you verify that all these (except Arthur) actually have the DVD and BD?

Edit: I weighed these to see if they had the 2nd disc or not. Hard to tell on some.
Unknown (same UPC) - 1 w/slipcover which says includes BD/DVD/DC - 3,6 oz. without slipcover, but back looks IDENTICAL. - 3.1 oz
The Town (with slip) - 4.2 oz
Due Date (with slip) - 3.6 oz
Red Riding Hood EC - 3.1 oz
Hall Pass EC (w/slip) - 3.7 oz
Inception - (UPC 883929106646) - 4.8 oz
Arthur - 2.5 oz
Hereafter -- 2.5 oz UPC 883929140866 (Profiler indicates combo, but Amazon does not list it as so)

I wonder if the studios kept the same UPC, but released these w/o DVDs? I noticed when I bought a couple of copies of Life as We Know It during the $5 trade-in at BB, that the backs looked different with different UPCs (the cashier has to override one of the copies because the system did not allow that UPC for the promotion). One of the backs not included in the promotion had the same format as these that indicated it originally came with a DVD/DC and DVD Profiler indicates it should have come with a DVD/DC

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 12-06-11 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-06-11, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Under "Customer Service" at the bottom of the page, there should be a link to click for Order Status and it asks for your order number. I don't see a way to check the order without.

Without the email I'm not sure how you would get an order number unless it was on your Paypal confirmation. I would imagine if you have an aggressive mail filter the email address could well have gotten flagged and sent to the Junk/Trash file. I think I got 3 emails -- order confirmation, a processing email, and finally a shipment notification all from the Manager@ address mentioned in the other post.
Thanks for the info guys. Definitely no email from that address, and there is no order number in Paypal. There is an invoice number, but it's like 40 characters long, so I'm pretty sure that isn't the order number. I'll try to email them about it.
Old 12-06-11, 10:47 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
It's kinda strange. When I do a search on Amazon with 883929191178 , I get the Arthur 1D, but when I enter it into DVD Profiler it comes up as the combo pack.

Got Unknown BR/DVD, UPC 883929157723, it does the same thing as Arthur, In Profiler it is the BD/DVD Combo, at Amazon, it only says it's 1D. However there's no indication on this or any other case (Due Date, Hereafter) that a DVD copy of the movie is included.

Anyone that has opened these, can you verify that all these (except Arthur) actually have the DVD and BD?

Edit: I weighed these to see if they had the 2nd disc or not. Hard to tell on some.
Unknown (same UPC) - 1 w/slipcover which says includes BD/DVD/DC - 3,6 oz. without slipcover, but back looks IDENTICAL. - 3.1 oz
The Town (with slip) - 4.2 oz
Due Date (with slip) - 3.6 oz
Red Riding Hood EC - 3.1 oz
Hall Pass EC (w/slip) - 3.7 oz
Inception - (UPC 883929106646) - 4.8 oz
Arthur - 2.5 oz
Hereafter -- 2.5 oz UPC 883929140866 (Profiler indicates combo, but Amazon does not list it as so)

I wonder if the studios kept the same UPC, but released these w/o DVDs? I noticed when I bought a couple of copies of Life as We Know It during the $5 trade-in at BB, that the backs looked different with different UPCs (the cashier has to override one of the copies because the system did not allow that UPC for the promotion). One of the backs not included in the promotion had the same format as these that indicated it originally came with a DVD/DC and DVD Profiler indicates it should have come with a DVD/DC
I already own Hereafter, Inception and Unknown. My copy of Unknown has the same UPC you listed and does have the Blu-ray plus another disc with the DVD and digital copy.
Hereafter also has both discs, same UPC you listed except the last number is 2.
Inception is the same UPC you listed and it's actually 3 discs: the movie, a bonus features disc and a DVD
Old 12-06-11, 10:57 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

USPS Media Mail - I'm in NC so reasonably close to KY origination.
Anybody know if this company ships from different states? I live in KY and placed an order with them on Black Friday. I got a shipping notice over a week ago, yet it still hasn't been delivered. No excuse if it's being sent from the same state.

Last edited by joe_b; 12-06-11 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-06-11, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I don't think these guy(s) respond to emails.
Old 12-06-11, 11:22 PM

Our warehouse is centrally located in the state of Kentucky.
Thanks. I assume my package has been rerouted or it's being delivered via Donkey Express. Either way, I'm going to request some tracking info if I don't receive it by tomorrow.
Old 12-07-11, 03:08 AM

Well was a little worried about this company but they came through. Got all 7 blus packaged firmly,containing slips on 5 of them only Hereafter and Arthur didnt have them I am not sure if they have the DVD/digital in them and won't find out til after x-mas. In fact I ordered 68 items over 6 stores during the Wednesday-cyber Monday and I have 63 items already the only thing missing is Deepdiscounts order.
Old 12-07-11, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bobaray
I also ordered Hereafter BD, but I received "Tom and Jerry & The Wizard of Oz Original Movie" DVD. The order number was on the email they sent me thanking me for my PayPal order, but their Customer Service Order Status link didn't recognize it. Replied to their email requesting the correct title and a shipper for the return. Not counting on this being rectified (at least I will only be out $5.73).
I tried contacting them with no response. It will make a great gift for someone on ebay.
Old 12-07-11, 06:11 AM

My "Arthur" Blu-ray also is single-disc set. I think this is Movie-Only version, you'll see on Amazon.

Oh well, I'm gonna give it to my friend as a Christmas gift.
Old 12-07-11, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

From their FAQ -- bolding added

"We are pleased to offer several shipping choices for your order. Each method, its estimated delivery time, and costs are listed below. Our warehouse is centrally located in the state of Kentucky. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any additional questions."

I guess somehow KY is considered centrally located.
It's all in the wording. They don't say they're centrally located in the US. They are centrally located in Kentucky... meaning center of the state. I'm just guessing, though. But companies have ways of wording things that, while accurate, leads some readers in the wrong direction.
Old 12-07-11, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b
I assume my package has been rerouted or it's being delivered via Donkey Express. Either way, I'm going to request some tracking info if I don't receive it by tomorrow.
Still nothing.
Old 12-08-11, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by masbrad
Well was a little worried about this company but they came through. Got all 7 blus packaged firmly,containing slips on 5 of them only Hereafter and Arthur didnt have them I am not sure if they have the DVD/digital in them and won't find out til after x-mas. In fact I ordered 68 items over 6 stores during the Wednesday-cyber Monday and I have 63 items already the only thing missing is Deepdiscounts order.
Nice to see that things haven't changed.
Old 12-08-11, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also paid with PayPal and got an order confirmation on 11/25/11 and finally a shipping email on 12/1/11, but the 3 LOTR Blurays I ordered still have not shown up and the "order confirmation number" they gave in the shipping email does not show up on the USPS tracking site and none of the three or so different order ID/confirmation/paypal transaction ID numbers work in their order status form. I found a link to the order in the initial confirmation email, but it shows the order stuck at step one: confirming Pay Pal payment, which contradicts the "your order has shipped" email I got a week ago.

Well, the email also said it was shipped "using US Dom Mail Saver" which I assume means US Domestic Saver, (although the slow speed might mean they sent it with the late Dom DeLuise) and also notes that "orders shipped via US Dom Mail Saver should arrive within 5 - 14 business days after they are shipped" so I will give it another week or so before I worry.
Old 12-08-11, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

So, it looks like this place sells the single-disc versions, while having the multi-disc cover art on their website. Correct? I'll keep that in mind, which is why I hesitated a little.
Old 12-08-11, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
So, it looks like this place sells the single-disc versions, while having the multi-disc cover art on their website. Correct? I'll keep that in mind, which is why I hesitated a little.
They emailed me back today with this response about receiving the wrong version:

Dear........,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your order
recently placed with DTU - BlowItOutaHere.

We apologize for the error with your order. Please note that we were
notified by the manufacturer that the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo
packs were limited to the first pressing of the title. Unfortunately,
after the first pressing of the combo pack was finished, the
DVD/Digital copy disc was phased out by the studio and the UPC number
was not changed. We apologize for the error and we ask that you advise
us if you would like to return this item for a refund as we are unable
to provide the combo pack you requested. Please note that if you would
like to return this item, we will be more than happy to send a prepaid
postage label to prevent any return charges.

Your prompt response will assist in resolving this matter.
Old 12-09-11, 04:49 PM

I finally received my order today. This is longest I've had to wait for a package in recent memory.

Arthur - combo pack w/slip
Hereafter - single disc, no slip
Lost Boys: The Thirst - combo pack, no slip
Red Riding Hood - combo pack, no slip
Unknown - combo pack, no slip

I suspect some of these were resealed -- a few of the cases were wrinkled from poor shrinkwrapping.
Old 12-09-11, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still haven't received anything, so I called them, and they have no history of my order. They looked under my name, email addresses, and phone number. I provided them with my Paypal payment evidence so they can research further.

Interestingly, when I gave her my phone number, she said she found MANY orders from a different vendor. She wouldn't specify which one, but she said they handle the customer service for many different online companies.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.