Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Blu-ray Discounts and Deals Thread #27

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-11, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Amazon Blu-ray Discounts and Deals Thread #27

a little off topic, but does anyone know if there's a similar Amazon deals calendar for video games? thanks!
Old 11-20-11, 11:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vietduckboi
a little off topic, but does anyone know if there's a similar Amazon deals calendar for video games? thanks!
I just looked around the site and couldn't find one myself. I'd be interested to know, too. I don't recall them having one last year, but I could be wrong.
Old 11-21-11, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by jwstl
I'd rather be a "selfish prick" than a name calling, cheap SOB begging for handouts on an internet forum. Low class.
That post makes you a "name calling" selfish prick, and how can you call me cheap on a blu-ray BARGAIN forum LOL If you knew my situation you would really feel like an idiot. Also when did asking ONCE become begging? Thanks to the three ppl that pm'ed me shows there is still hope in humanity. I saw in another thread a couple ppl were selling coupon codes they got for free for 25% off that they weren't gonna use. Some of you ppl on here are pathetic
Old 11-21-11, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by syrajuice
If you knew my situation you would really feel like an idiot.
Let me guess, you're buying BDs and DVDs for an orphanage? How nice! That is your situation, right?
Old 11-21-11, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts

I don't get access to anything all I get is free shipping and all i'm asking for is 1 week. It would be fine if amazon didn't screw the customers by having them all on sale at different times so you have to pay shipping for each item you buy. When I had amazon prime I had strangers use it to. Not everybody is a selfish prick like you
That post makes you a "name calling" selfish prick, and how can you call me cheap on a blu-ray BARGAIN forum LOL If you knew my situation you would really feel like an idiot. Also when did asking ONCE become begging? Thanks to the three ppl that pm'ed me shows there is still hope in humanity. I saw in another thread a couple ppl were selling coupon codes they got for free for 25% off that they weren't gonna use. Some of you ppl on here are pathetic
First of all, I'm not sure how offering these deals at different times is screwing the customer. Yes, it would be more convenient to have deals good at any time of the day, but that's not how these work. Is it better to go to a physical store that promises "minimum 30 copies per store"? Debatable.

Second, I'm sorry if you've been laid off or are otherwise down on your luck at the moment, but insulting other people doesn't help your cause. Look at it from our perspective: Prime offers us a value that we think is worth paying for, and Amazon thinks our $79 is worth giving us the benefits. Say half of all Prime members decide to cancel their paid memberships and instead ride on someone else's. Amazon's expenses are exactly the same but their revenue from the program is cut in half. I don't know the economics of the program, but one simple way to make them work would be to double the membership price of everyone still in it. Say that makes people mad Netflix-style and 75% of the remaining members quit their paying membership and hop on to someone else's membership. Now if my rough math is right, each paid membership is carrying three unrelated unpaid members--Amazon's expenses are still the same but now their revenue is 25% of what it used to be. What now? Raising prices didn't work. Crack down on freeloaders as if they were tax evaders? Not allow anyone to share including household family members? Cancel the program?

Yes, sharing my Prime with you doesn't take any dollars out of my pocket, but that doesn't mean I want to do it. The fact that you have very few posts here (and now a high percentage of them insulting) also makes me wonder if you're here just to get your freebie then will never be heard from again.
Old 11-21-11, 02:05 AM

Amazon JUST reduced the Jurassic Park trilogy to $29.99.
Old 11-21-11, 02:16 AM

Here is the deal with Amazon Prime.. YOU pay for it or dont bother about it.

Personally, I work too damn hard to let someone else eat off my plate. Call it selfish or just call in being an American or whatever. I really dont care, as dont the people that share my position.

Anyone asking to be latched onto someone else's Prime account might as well be under a freeway overpass, holding a cup and asking for change. Its begging, plain and simple.

This isnt about opening your heart to someone in the holiday spirit - its someone trying to take advatange of a situation. If you want Prime, then you do what you need to do to get Prime yourself. And again, if $79 is a problem for you annually, then what the hell are you doing shopping on Amazon at all? The principle says to me that you're either too cheap to splurge on the expense, you dont have the capital to actually pay for your purchases and are just flipping them onto a credit card that you just pay the minimum payment each month or youre trying to run a scam.

Either way, its your problem, not any of ours.
Old 11-21-11, 02:25 AM

X-Men: First Class down to $9.99.
Old 11-21-11, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I just joined Prime this year and if you like to shop semi-regularly at Amazon, it's 100% worth it. Unless you only shop at Amazon once every 4-6 months, $79 a year is not a financial burden. Plus, you get free catalogue streaming movies and TV shows as well that you can stream through your BD player (if it has Amazon Instant Video). I would say that's an added bonus.

If your unemployed or living on a fixed income then maybe Prime isn't worth it and you probably shouldn't be shopping on Amazon in the 1st place.
Old 11-21-11, 02:31 AM

Amazon just did a massive price drop, but actually isn't that great YET; they've got a lot at their $x.49 price point which typically indicates it's dropping even further.
Old 11-21-11, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Is danol back?
Old 11-21-11, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Back to the point of this thread, which is bargains. I already own the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition sets on DVD. $49.99 is a pretty good deal if you don't already own the DVDs. I noticed that only the movies are getting the picture upgrade and the extras are on DVD in this set.
Old 11-21-11, 02:38 AM

WOW!!! They just discounted a ton of stuff. Platoon is now $9.99.

This is going to be a new annual thing for me.. Midnight on BF Deals Week Monday.
Old 11-21-11, 02:40 AM

I have it already, but Jackie Brown is now $8.99.. awesome price! It was $10.99 on release day.
Old 11-21-11, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk God

The Undisputed Rocky Collection (all 6 films on BD) is only $22.49
Old 11-21-11, 02:54 AM

Beauty and the Beast Criterion for 11.99 !
Old 11-21-11, 02:56 AM

Wow.. I paid $60 for that on release date and thought I got a steal lol..
Old 11-21-11, 02:57 AM

Maybe it's me being a little too greedy, but there are a handful of items I'm interested in if they would only drop another dollar or two. Animal Kingdom, Redbelt, True Grit remake, 44 inch chest, etc.
Old 11-21-11, 02:59 AM

LOL.. just a tiny bit greedy, although I understand.

I pulled the trigger on True Grit. I dont see it being any cheaper.
Old 11-21-11, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts

Back to the Future Trilogy - $26.49
Blues Brothers - $11.99
Night of the Creeps - $9.49
Day of the Dead - $8.99
Assault on Precinct 13 $9.99
Hellboy II - $7.49
Gamera 3 - $4.49
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - $8.99

Last edited by Brian T; 11-21-11 at 03:37 AM.
Old 11-21-11, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Brian T
Back to the future trilogy - $26.49
Just logged into to post this. Best price I've seen this for.
Old 11-21-11, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just want to voice the view that some of us non-Prime customers are perfectly happy to accept the limitations that come from that status. I'm fine with spending at least $25 on every order, waiting however long they take to send me my orders, and am a frequent buyer at Amazon. I placed 87 orders last year and 111 in 2009 and have never once complained about my decision or asked anyone to do me any favors like including me on their account.

I worry that some people might get the wrong impression of non-Prime customers. I'm sure that we're a diverse group, just as Prime customers likely are.
Old 11-21-11, 03:21 AM

Strapped.. I dont at all. Its a personal choice and if Super Saver Shipping works for you and you dont see a need to pay for Prime, God bless.

I'm just not into folks that make it seem like they dont have Prime becuz they CANNOT get it and then take it a step further and beg for someone else to help them get it, if only for a week. Thats pure bullshit.
Old 11-21-11, 03:26 AM

is there a link to recent price drops? or do you guys just look around?
Old 11-21-11, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by IJMSPORT
Strapped.. I dont at all. Its a personal choice and if Super Saver Shipping works for you and you dont see a need to pay for Prime, God bless.
Thanks. I definitely am not trying to make assumptions about anyone specifically. I think, more than anything, I just want to make sure that the other side gets out there. If all that Prime customers ever see is the non-Prime people making us look questionable, or bad, then I can understand how some will come to the conclusion that we're all similar.

I'm just not into folks that make it seem like they dont have Prime becuz they CANNOT get it and then take it a step further and beg for someone else to help them get it, if only for a week. Thats pure bullshit.
Fair enough.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.