Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Green Lantern, Horrible Bosses, and POTC On Stranger Tides. 9.99 at blockbuster.com

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Green Lantern, Horrible Bosses, and POTC On Stranger Tides. 9.99 at blockbuster.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-11, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surprised this wasn't posted here yet. Thanks goes to blu-ray.com for finding and providing this. I know you don't all go there so in case i thought I would cross post it here.

Blockbuster has Green Lantern, Horrible Bosses, and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides for 9.99.

If you are a blockbuster online member then you get 10% off. Also there is a code "another20" should get you 20% more off.

Without codes (found out about them after I ordered) I paid 23 shipped for GL and HB. With the codes, people over there are getting it for like 17 or 18 shipped. Shipping is something like 1.50 I think

http://www.blockbuster.com/outlet/se...word=buy+promo

Make sure when you click the movie you click the link "View all versions" under the format link, in there you will find the blu-ray at 9.99. Also according to the listing it should come with the Case, Cover, and all the discs.
Old 11-05-11, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Green Lantern, Horrible Bosses, and POTC On Stranger Tides. 9.99 at blockbuster.c

Thanks, just a hair under 30 for all three for me with 20% off code.
Old 11-05-11, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Green Lantern, Horrible Bosses, and POTC On Stranger Tides. 9.99 at blockbuster.c

Just to be clear, these are used discs, so you will probably be getting them in standard size DVD cases, if my past experiences are any indicator.
Old 11-05-11, 06:17 PM

and they are probably rental versions
Old 11-05-11, 06:19 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Pass on used rental copies. These will likely be $10ish new anyway in a few weeks.
Old 11-05-11, 07:08 PM

Not worth it for used DVDs or Blu-Rays

Last edited by Blu Soul; 11-05-11 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-05-11, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are Blu-Rays, you just have to select the correct option.
Old 11-05-11, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

These ARE blu-rays. Follow my directions in the OP to get the blu-ray to show.

They both show (disc, case & artwork) which means you get the disc, the original case and the artwork. which is how I read it. Also both show the appropriate amount of discs to not be rental versions.

These are also 9.99 in store and I have seen green lantern in the store. It is used, but it comes in the original blu-ray case with the coverart and the digital copy code inside of it so there is no reason to think that the online sale will be different.

I've also rented horrible bosses from bbv and if I recall correctly it is NOT a rental copy and has all the special features.

My order shipped friday so I expect them on monday or tuesday. I will report back when I get them, but I am about 99% sure that these are going to be retail copies with all the discs in the correct case since I've seen these same movies for sale used in store that way.
Old 11-05-11, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, ordered GL & HB for $18.72
Old 11-06-11, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
.... Also according to the listing it should come with the case, cover, and all the discs.
Tempting, but YMMV....
*note on previously viewed movies: In some rare cases, due to our inventory levels, you may not receive a secondary disc when you purchase a two-disc set.
Old 11-06-11, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RaMMaR
Tempting, but YMMV....
As I said, i've seen them in the actual stores and they come with everything there, I don't see any reason why the online would be different /shrug

We'll see on monday or tuesday when I get mine, but I would take the chance honestly. HB is a great movie and a steal at 10 bucks.
Old 11-06-11, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

$10 for used movies seems pretty standard to me, I wouldn't really call that a steal.
Old 11-06-11, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
$10 for used movies seems pretty standard to me, I wouldn't really call that a steal.
Both movies came out a month ago, 10 dollar isn't standard for movies this new, used or not, unless they are catalog titles. It's pretty rare to get a movie at 10 bucks within the first month or 2. Sure it happens, but it's pretty rare

Eh, just trying to help everyone out since Horrible Bosses was one of my favorite movies of the year. I will post in here when I receive them to let everyone know if the listing is true with getting everything.

Last edited by glassdragon; 11-06-11 at 01:43 AM.
Old 11-06-11, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by glassdragon
As I said, i've seen them in the actual stores and they come with everything there, I don't see any reason why the online would be different /shrug

We'll see on monday or tuesday when I get mine, but I would take the chance honestly. HB is a great movie and a steal at 10 bucks.
True enough. The 20% coupon on top of the 10% discount almost covered shipping and tax (thanks, BTW!), totalled $9.01 for HB. i had to bite. Of course, i probably jinxed myself and will probably end up w/ just the one disc...
Old 11-06-11, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RaMMaR
True enough. The 20% coupon on top of the 10% discount almost covered shipping and tax (thanks, BTW!), totalled $9.01 for HB. i had to bite. Of course, i probably jinxed myself and will probably end up w/ just the one disc...
Well, it clearly advertises it as a 3 disc, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to call and complain to them if it is the 1 disc. I will be calling them if I only receive one disc.
Old 11-06-11, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Saw this disclaimer ...

*Note on previously viewed movies: In some rare cases, due to our inventory levels, you may not receive a secondary disc when you purchase a two-disc set.
Old 11-06-11, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by b2net
Saw this disclaimer ...
Yes, we all did, see post #10 :P

Now, what their definition of rare is, is anyones guess. Bottom line is that if you want to take a chance which I was willing to do for 2 movies I wanted less than a month after release then go for it. 20 bucks really is nothing to take a chance with. Otherwise, don't do it, it's up to you.
Old 11-06-11, 10:54 AM

Thanks! I, for one, appreciate your posting. I went for Green Lantern and Horrible Bosses (already had POTC). For $19 and change shipped for such recent releases, I'll take the risk!
Old 11-06-11, 11:50 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the heads up! it is a good deal!
Old 11-06-11, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FWIW, I was at bbv today and almost all of their blu-ray copies for horrible bosses on rental were in the actual blu-ray case with the original cover art, and they were not rental versions according to the cover art. They were the actual Totally Inappropriate Edition cases.
Old 11-06-11, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I've never bought a used BD from Blockbuster and received it in the original case. You always get them in the rental cases unless they recently changed the way the sell used copies.
Old 11-06-11, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I've never bought a used BD from Blockbuster and received it in the original case. You always get them in the rental cases unless they recently changed the way the sell used copies.
These are a special case I think. As I said the rental copies are sometimes in blu cases now, so maybe dish changed something when they bought out bbv.
Old 11-06-11, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

A bomb like Green Lantern is almost guaranteed to be a cheap Black Friday item for sale. Studios love dumping extra copies during the Christmas shopping season at low prices. Remember the Wolverine movie, the exact same case.
Old 11-07-11, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Pass on used rental copies. These will likely be $10ish new anyway in a few weeks.
This
Old 11-07-11, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
A bomb like Green Lantern is almost guaranteed to be a cheap Black Friday item for sale. Studios love dumping extra copies during the Christmas shopping season at low prices. Remember the Wolverine movie, the exact same case.

different story on its Steelbook version which Solds Out the 1st week

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.