Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

B&N 50% Criterion sale on blu-rays now live!

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

B&N 50% Criterion sale on blu-rays now live!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-11, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: B&N 50% Criterion sale on blu-rays now live!

Originally Posted by Pizza
I did jump on the SACD Living Stereo sale they have going on too in the classical department and got 19 of those.
I jumped on it too. So far this week I bought 9 Criterion titles and 46 Living Stereo SACD titles. Ouch. I still have a few Criterions to get this week and Fanny & Alexander and the Three Colors Trilogy when they are released. I may be out of the Black Friday festivities this year.
Old 11-02-11, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
You can get them online using the 20% code, but at $15.99 9and tax) for the common $39.99 Criterions.
Wait, you can use the AMEX code online in conjunction with the Criterion sale? I was under the impression that no online coupon codes worked for Criterions during the sale...
Old 11-02-11, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kefrank
Wait, you can use the AMEX code online in conjunction with the Criterion sale? I was under the impression that no online coupon codes worked for Criterions during the sale...
They started allowing online coupons again with the last Criterion sale in July.
Old 11-02-11, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

the Amex coupon is good for one criterion item only,right?
Old 11-02-11, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Round 2 today.

Everlasting Moments $14.40
The Four Feathers $15.13
Videodrome $15.13
Black Moon $15.13

I did get shot down by a cashier who wouldn't let me use the 20% off in conjunction with the $5 off $50. Oh well, it's just cheaper for me to print up more 20% off coupons and come back in.
Old 11-02-11, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Blu
Carlos
The Darjeeling Limited
The Killing
The Magician
Yojimbo/Sanjuro

DVD
The Beastie Boys Video Anthology
Old 11-02-11, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Damn if this sale doesn't whistle your name while you're at work. I'll be damned if I wasn't heading back to a B&N and picking up some more titles when I thought I had started and ended last night. These next few weeks are going to be some tough sons a bitches. I picked these up today:

3 Women
The Killing
Cul-De-Sac

I'm hoping that my will is stronger than my way there next time.
Old 11-02-11, 09:22 PM

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

Technically yes, but the instore coupon has often been used multiple times (some/most cashiers will only let you use one per transaction, but often will let you do multiple transactions). Many people have reported success at using the online code more than once, but you have sign out of your account each time, add the disc and code (will say not eligible initially), and then sign in and checkout.
Thanks. So it should be better to do this in-store right since shipping charges would sort of kill the deal online.( I believe it's 3 bucks shipping for orders under$25) Or is there anymore nook and cranny legwork I might missed?
Old 11-02-11, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by davidlynchfan
Thanks. So it should be better to do this in-store right since shipping charges would sort of kill the deal online.( I believe it's 3 bucks shipping for orders under$25) Or is there anymore nook and cranny legwork I might missed?
Shipping is free is you're a member. There are always some free member offers floating around. Plus, you could use that membership in conjunction with store visits and get an extra 10% off.

The nearest B&N store to me is about 45 minutes, so I might make one visit there to take advantage of the extra 10% but will do most of my shopping online. It's convenient to have that option; the online store actually has some good deals from time to time. If you don't think you would use the membership after this sale, you could always cancel before you're charged anything.
Old 11-02-11, 10:48 PM

Check the dvdtalk master BN coupon thread linked in JoeySeven's post. There is a 20% off online code (and instore coupon) for nonmembers which requires using an American Express card.

There will be a 20% off code for members and a 15% code for nonmembers beginning 11/3l (expires 11/7)

There is a 10% code for the whole order listed in that thread so you could order 2 discs at once and that code can be used multiple times.
How do you know about the 15% code? I want to order, but may wait for this if for real. I guess this and a cashback thing would be sweet
Old 11-02-11, 10:49 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza
It's just The Island of Lost Souls for me this time round. I did jump on the SACD Living Stereo sale they have going on too in the classical department and got 19 of those.
must.. resist... oh who am I kidding?
Old 11-03-11, 08:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a 15% off coupon in my email last night for B&N and it does not say anything excluding blu-rays or Criterion. Since I only want the Killing this go-around, I'm hoping they will take that so I can get the item for $17. We shall see I reckon.
Old 11-03-11, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Got a 15% off coupon in my email last night for B&N and it does not say anything excluding blu-rays or Criterion. Since I only want the Killing this go-around, I'm hoping they will take that so I can get the item for $17. We shall see I reckon.
There is a 20% coupon in the B&N Coupon thread right now that trumps that. I just threw out my 15% and printed that one.
Old 11-03-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
They started allowing online coupons again with the last Criterion sale in July.
Awesome, thanks. I sat the last one out, which explains my ignorance.
Old 11-03-11, 01:20 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Are any coupons eligible to use to pre-order the Three Colors trilogy? I looked at all of them, but they expire before it comes out on the 15th. That's my only want now. Picked up Dazed - $15.59, Carlos - $19.49, The Killing - $15.59, and Leningrad Cowboys - $17.54.
Old 11-03-11, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Are any coupons eligible to use to pre-order the Three Colors trilogy?
The AMEX coupon is good through the entire sale, IIRC.
Old 11-03-11, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Are any coupons eligible to use to pre-order the Three Colors trilogy? I looked at all of them, but they expire before it comes out on the 15th. That's my only want now. Picked up Dazed - $15.59, Carlos - $19.49, The Killing - $15.59, and Leningrad Cowboys - $17.54.
There's absolutely no reason to order the Three Color Trilogy now. It will be released during the sale at which point coupons will work as you cannot use coupons on pre-orders at B&N.com. Yes, the current coupons expire before it's released but there will likely be more, and if not there's always the 10% code from AAA that works for everyone.
Old 11-03-11, 03:24 PM

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

What is this AAA code?
Old 11-03-11, 03:37 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstl
There's absolutely no reason to order the Three Color Trilogy now. It will be released during the sale at which point coupons will work as you cannot use coupons on pre-orders at B&N.com. Yes, the current coupons expire before it's released but there will likely be more, and if not there's always the 10% code from AAA that works for everyone.
Eh, true. Considering how much trouble I DIDN'T have with using multiple coupons, I guess one more trip won't hurt, especially for this set.
Old 11-03-11, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by John Galt
What is this AAA code?
AAA members save 10% off at B&N.com Some time ago they replaced the discount link with a code. If you look at the first page of the B&N coupons thread you'll see a code for 10% off your entire order. That's the AAA code. Fortunately, for non-AAA members, they don't ask for your AAA number so it can be used by anyone. It does expire regularly but, so far, there's always a replacement.
Old 11-03-11, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by efordvt
There is a 20% coupon in the B&N Coupon thread right now that trumps that. I just threw out my 15% and printed that one.
Doesn't that coupon say "once per account"? Are people getting BN clerks to let them use it multiple times in one visit?
Old 11-03-11, 04:39 PM

Ok so Im going over that coupon thread and it looks like the BEST thing I can do when I order online is just a 10% off coupon? I cant stack or combine others? How is everyone else here getting better deals, are you physically going to the store or combining with memebership?
Old 11-03-11, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts

I used the 10% off coupon online, but also visited the Barnes & Noble site via that rebates portal that no one ever calls by its proper name around here (so I guess I shouldn't either), which nets 8% cash back on the order. Decent savings, all things considered.
Old 11-03-11, 04:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Ok so Im going over that coupon thread and it looks like the BEST thing I can do when I order online is just a 10% off coupon? I cant stack or combine others? How is everyone else here getting better deals, are you physically going to the store or combining with memebership?
if you have a discover card, they usually have some cashback deal with B&N
Old 11-03-11, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
if you have a discover card, they usually have some cashback deal with B&N
Discover will not credit your account with cashback if you use coupons at B&N.com. I no longer bother to use their web site for cashback because of the change in policy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.