Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Cars 2 coupon??

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-11, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Cars 2 coupon??

Originally Posted by sotra
I have in the past been successful when submitting rebates like this when the purchase was not made in my home state. Now, if I just simply got lucky or not I don't know, but IIRC it happened at least twice.
Yeah, I don't understand why they are sticking this on there. I have also had success in the past, but it was mainly for Amazon and not something more basic like living in PA and buying at a Kroger in OH. They really can't expect all purchases in this day and age to be B&M can they?

By the way, first time cancelling Amazon and actually going back for my BB pre-order. It is BS Amazon is now including tax etc. in their price and taking the profit themselves. For that price, I can stop at the store and pick my own copy.

Last edited by PGHFlyer; 11-01-11 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-01-11, 08:14 AM

Just got back from Walmart shelf tag for Cars 2 5-disc 3D is $29.96, but it rings up $24.96 before coupon and $19.96 after coupon. Actually went to Target, but they had spiderwired their exclusive already on top of had to ask someone to get it out of the shelf since they stuffed it under the shelf making it impossible without lifting the top shelf up to get one out. After looking at the Target exclusive I decided I did not want it. Nice looking, but really had my fill of odd ball cases and the spiderwire had cracked/damaged all of the outer thin plastic cases they use on all of their exclusive cases. They did not have the normal 3D release. I also noticed Walmart is using the clear security cases that actually fit the releases with slipcovers right without damaging them or making them hard to get out by the cashiers.

Last edited by psychopuppet420; 11-01-11 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-01-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Does anyone know if the Cars 5 disc 3D Blu-Ray combo pack qualifies for the Kimberly Clark $10 mail in rebate which only shows and lists the 2 disc Blu-Ray combo pack?

Perhaps everyone is planning on just sending in the 3D pack's UPC and hoping the rebate company accepts it (but I'd rather not cut out the UPC unless I'm sure), or maybe nobody else is planning on doing this rebate? For my family buying $20 worth of Kimberly Clark products is very easy, so I'd like to do it.
Old 11-01-11, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ should work. I did a similar rebate for a title I cannot remember now and it worked fine even though I had the more expensive edition.
Old 11-01-11, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by psychopuppet420
Just got back from Walmart shelf tag for Cars 2 5-disc 3D is $29.96, but it rings up $24.96 before coupon and $19.96 after coupon.
Thanks for the heads up, got the same deal!
Old 11-01-11, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got that too (it was marked that way at my store), they wouldn't let me use both the fruit snack and DMR coupons though, which was a bit of a bummer.
Old 11-01-11, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

Originally Posted by eagin
The big Christmas book or whatever it was from TRU shows $34.99 for the 3D version. I'm hoping it will be less than that on release, but I'm expecting that it won't be.
You're right. Sure enough it's $34.99. Screw that, I'm getting a refund on my deposit.
Old 11-01-11, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I felt guilty today! I scored cars 2 3D version at walmart for $12.79 plus taxes after pricematching with nebraska furniture mart ad. The ad have 2 Discs (Bluray & DVD version) for $17.79. Hope the cashier not getting trouble for gave me 3D version for $17.79 - $5 off coupon = $12.79 plus taxes.
Old 11-01-11, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So is $22.99 the cheapest price for the Blu+DVD?
Old 11-02-11, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by psychopuppet420
Just got back from Walmart shelf tag for Cars 2 5-disc 3D is $29.96, but it rings up $24.96 before coupon and $19.96 after coupon.
I tried my local Hell-Hole Wal-Mart yesterday and it rang up at $29.96. At lunch I went and swung by a different location and got the $25- $5 coupon price. Thanks for the heads-up.

Now I have to get a refund on my TRU deposit. $35 for it on release is absurd.
Old 11-02-11, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

My Best Buy took the DMR Coupon and the Cars 2 Fruit Snacks coupon with no problems. 16.49 out the door. Now to mail in the Kimberly-Clark Rebate...
Old 11-02-11, 10:31 PM

My TRU gave me a lot of difficulty getting my $5 back. They said no repeatedly. If it weren't for the fact that they'd told me over the phone earlier that they'd do it, I probably wouldn't have been able to get it back. I'm going to be a bit more wary about preordering there in the future, although we're running out of Pixar catalog titles.
Old 11-03-11, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up the 3D version at Target for $24.99, not bad.

It is my yearly tradition, I buy the Pixar movie on BR and wrap it up to put under the Christmas Tree for myself from my family. Then, on Christmas day, I sit there enjoying the movie I have waiting a long time to see.

I did not get to see Cars 2 in the theater.
Old 11-03-11, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I'm surprised so many people are getting their 'deposit' back at TRU. When I did my pre-order, I just considered it $5 off the BD I'm buying, and $5 towards Cars 2 if I decided to get it. I didn't get it because of the price, but I'm not going to try to get my deposit back.
Old 11-03-11, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just picked my copy at BB for $20 AC plus tax. The kids and I enjoyed it before bedtime.
Old 11-03-11, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
My TRU gave me a lot of difficulty getting my $5 back. They said no repeatedly. If it weren't for the fact that they'd told me over the phone earlier that they'd do it, I probably wouldn't have been able to get it back. I'm going to be a bit more wary about preordering there in the future, although we're running out of Pixar catalog titles.
I don't know about your pre-sell receipt, but my pre-sell receipt clearly stated that I could bring in the receipt to get my deposit refunded. I went in on Monday, knowing that TRU's price was going to be $15 higher than Best Buy's. The clerk had no idea how to refund it and there was no manager on duty. I went back yesterday, and yet another also girl had no idea. Then she said that pre-sells cannot be refunded. I pointed out the wording which says I can and she was clueless (I hate when clerks make things up on the spot to get rid of you. If she didn't know, then she should say "I don't know" and get someone higher up who does). She ended up crediting me $5 on a different item from my pre-sell receipt. She processed $5.37 back to my credit card. I even pointed out that it should have been just $5, since I didn't pay sales tax on it. She told me she'll leave it like that.

What bothers me more is that TRU must not have had many people refunding their deposit. It's scary to think that people are paying the $34.99.
Old 11-03-11, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by joltman
I'm surprised so many people are getting their 'deposit' back at TRU. When I did my pre-order, I just considered it $5 off the BD I'm buying, and $5 towards Cars 2 if I decided to get it. I didn't get it because of the price, but I'm not going to try to get my deposit back.
Why not? $5 is $5. Why give TRU free money?
Old 11-03-11, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by joltman
I made my pre-order (two actually) in good faith. Assuming the price was the same I fully intended to buy the movie at TRU. But when I saw that they charged a full $10 more than other national chains for the same item, then all bets are off. I want my deposit money back and think I deserve to get it back. We'll see soon enough, I guess.
Old 11-03-11, 05:15 PM

I was able to get the 5 disc at TRU for $19.99. Could have been a mistake - not sure. Looks like they took $5 off on an instant markdown, another $5 for the pre-order, and then $5 off for the coupon. Works for me!
Old 11-03-11, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

You actually got it for $24.99... The $5 you put down counts towards the cost... good job on the extra $5 instant markdown ...
Old 11-04-11, 09:38 AM

Thanks, sotra, for the reply about the $10 KC rebate. Someone else said they called up Disney and was told the 3D version would work too. I'd hate to cut a POP out of the paper in the disc jacket (what do you call that thing... the "outer artwork paper"?) and waste a stamp for nothing... the horrors!

I noticed nobody has said anything in this thread about the Target exclusive Cars 2 3D BD edition with the light-up globe. I looked on Google and saw a couple pictures. It looks like the little half-globe does nothing but light up. In fact, it looks like a round CD case with a dome light stuck on it. The problem for me is the discs go inside the globe so this becomes an inconvenience to store on your shelves with your normal BDs.

I assume, therefore, there is no actual normal BD packaging inside the box... just a (half)globe with the 5 discs inside of it and maybe some loose papers/ads (like the DMR movie code)?
Old 11-04-11, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana

I noticed nobody has said anything in this thread about the Target exclusive Cars 2 3D BD edition with the light-up globe. I looked on Google and saw a couple pictures. It looks like the little half-globe does nothing but light up. In fact, it looks like a round CD case with a dome light stuck on it. The problem for me is the discs go inside the globe so this becomes an inconvenience to store on your shelves with your normal BDs.

I assume, therefore, there is no actual normal BD packaging inside the box... just a (half)globe with the 5 discs inside of it and maybe some loose papers/ads (like the DMR movie code)?
You are correct. My son likes to turn the light on, but it doesn't exactly fit the shelf.
Old 11-04-11, 04:12 PM

Best Buy accepted both the DMR coupon and a Kellogg's $5 off coupon with no problem. I also was able to get the $7 off with the purchase of the remote controlled car.