Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alien Anthology $23.67 shipped from Amazon.uk

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-11, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Alien Anthology $23.67 shipped from Amazon.uk

Just got my 'undeliverable' email and refund....... oh well.
Probably won't order fro mthem again, but am curious what the problem was...
Old 10-20-11, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

The problem is DHL. They have pulled that undeliverable scam before with too many people for it to be anyone's fault but their own.
Old 10-20-11, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, no doubt. There are a dozen people here at least who partaked in it. I would venture to say anywhere from 50 to 100 people probably are without an Alien boxset that ordered it. Maybe more I know it won't be in my mailbox today, but I guess I will go get my refund tomorrow or what not. It's been a week short of a month and I either need to reorder from Amazon.uk (at the same price) or just wait for another deal somewhere else.
Old 10-20-11, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm now really happy I was able to get mine, but it really sucks for you all that never got it are out of luck. Sorry guys.
Old 10-20-11, 05:20 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Well, no cancellation email yet to I can still hold on to some hope.

I did send an email to Amazon,uk who said that to give it to Saturday 22nd which would be 30 days since my original order date and then the would rectify the problem. Which I presume would be to go ahead and ship out a replacement copy, which is fine with me.

I will be sure to let them know that so many people are missing DHL orders and that if they do replace my prder to do so using Royal Mail
Old 10-20-11, 05:40 PM

Amazon.co.uk delivers using DHL? Mine came through USPS...
Old 10-20-11, 09:24 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

What happens is DHL is the carrier from the UK to the USA. In the USA DHL turns the packages over to the US Postal Service for final delivery (typically the distrubution center just outside of Atlanta, GA). I suspect the packages are in 'limbo' with the postal service (that's what happened with one of my Amazon UK packages last year, and also happened to a shipment of my from Deep Discount last Christmas - tracked to Atlanta, then sat in the wherehouse for over a week before being scanned again).

If DHL was handling delivery from door-to-door we all would have received these packages weeks ago. In my business I use DHL several times a week shipping packages all over the world (India, Zimbabwe, China, Brazil, Hong Kong, etc) - NEVER had a problem with delivery (knock on wood!).

Peter
Old 10-21-11, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Amazon.co.uk uses two different shipping companies for packages to the U.S., Royal Mail and DHL. The problem is that Amazon randomly uses one or the other (though I think larger packages typically go DHL) and the customer has no say in the matter. No one ever seems to complain about these issues when Royal Mail is used.
Old 10-21-11, 10:03 PM

...and there's my cancellation email

already received a couple of emails from amazon notifying me of the return and also the credit back on my card.

I shot them an email back saying I was still interested in the set at the same price I originally paid for it. I gave them permission in the email to go ahead and reorder it, and to possibly expedite shipping and use Royal Mail.

I also informed them that I believe it was all DHL's fault since so many people have complained of the same problem, so it couldn't possibly any other mistake.
Old 10-22-11, 07:58 AM

For those that got the "undeliverable" email I'm wondering if this isn't some kind of scam (on Amazon) by DHL. Did those packages ever really get shipped to the US only to be returned to the UK? My theory is that they've been sitting in some UK warehouse for the last month.
Old 10-24-11, 07:18 AM

I got my undeliverable email on Sunday. I wrote back a stern letter (but not nasty or blaming Amazon, simply stating the obvious about DHL) through their website. Hopefully, I can reorder at the original price at some point. It really sucks that so many of us are involved with this and Amazon keeps sending out the same email. Makes me really reconsider if I want to preorder Potter through them. I don't blame them, but at the same time, I have to take precautions.

Edit: I guess I wrote a good letter. Hardly twenty minutes passed and I had a response. A favorable one infact. As long as I email them back about the new order I place, they will reset it to the original price (and hopefully ship it by Royal Mail).

When I get some time later today, I guess I will go ahead and reorder.

Last edited by Kedrix; 10-24-11 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-24-11, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
I got my undeliverable email on Sunday. I wrote back a stern letter (but not nasty or blaming Amazon, simply stating the obvious about DHL) through their website. Hopefully, I can reorder at the original price at some point. It really sucks that so many of us are involved with this and Amazon keeps sending out the same email. Makes me really reconsider if I want to preorder Potter through them. I don't blame them, but at the same time, I have to take precautions.

Edit: I guess I wrote a good letter. Hardly twenty minutes passed and I had a response. A favorable one infact. As long as I email them back about the new order I place, they will reset it to the original price (and hopefully ship it by Royal Mail).

When I get some time later today, I guess I will go ahead and reorder.

You should post a generic copy of your email so others could see if they get the same result.
Old 10-24-11, 08:59 AM

I went ahead and reordered just now (I did it after I saw the refund email) and emailed them again to fix it to the original price + ship it via Royal Mail instead.

Here is my original email this morning. Keep in mind, this is for a first time customer (which I was), so you might want to adjust your email accordingly. Also, I did it through the website which i am sure is common but worth noting.

Spoiler:

Comments:This morning, I received an email that said the above item was undeliverable and that a refund would be sent back to me. If I wanted to reorder, I could do so but at the much higher price (30%-40% more).

This is my first order with Amazon.uk (have had dozens of orders with Amazon (US) however) and I am extremely disapointed. There is simply no way that this should have been undeliverable. It is a valid address and I have had zero problem for domestic or international orders to get to my place of residence. It is also disheartening that Amazon.uk expects me (if I want the item) to reorder at a much higher price. It is unacceptable.

Also, this order was to be delivered by DHL according to the tracking records. I have spoken to quite a few people who also ordered Alien Anthology on Blu-Ray at the same time from Amazon.uk on a popular blu-ray message board. I would venture to say nearly all of them had the same problem as I did. Returned undeliverable even though they have valid addresses. Every one of them, their package was sent by DHL. Now whether DHL is to blame or the United States Post Office (since DHL hands it off to them at some point), I'm not sure. But as the consumer, I should not get the shaft.

Please let me know what can be done to remedy this situaiton. I am willing to reorder but only if I can get it at the original price. Else, I probably will stay away from doing business with Amazon.UK in the future. I can't afford to wait a month for a package, only to have it returned undeliverable because some package/mail carrier let it sit in their warehouse for a few weeks before sending it back. Thank you.

Edit: They have already adjusted my price on Amazon.UK and it is showing shipping soon. So far, so awesome.

Last edited by Kedrix; 10-24-11 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-24-11, 12:26 PM

sigh, looks like I keep getting the wrong people answering my emails. short version, they have no control over who they ship with, they'll contact DHL to see what happened, etc.

Spoiler:
Hello Chris,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your order #202-5268696-2030758 and wish to receive your parcel via Royal Mail.

After looking into your query, I would like to inform you that our ordering system automatically assigns the most appropriate carrier to your order when it’s ready to be sent.

I’m sorry that we don’t have the ability to assign certain carriers to a specific customer or address but we’ll continue working with all of our carriers to drive improvements for our customers.

Further, I’ve checked and can see that it was sent from our Fulfilment Centre via DHL on September 28, 2011 to the following address:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I’ll get in touch with DHL to trace your parcel.

As soon as we hear back from them we’ll get in touch with you again by e-mail and we’ll update you within 2 business days.

If you don’t hear from us or DHL after this time, please let us know by replying to this e-mail and so that we can replace or refund as per your convenient:

If you prefer to call us, we’re available Monday to Saturday 07:00-21:00 and Sunday 10:00-19:00, local UK time. Freephone (within the UK):

0800 496 1081

International customers can reach us at +44 (0) 207 084 7911.

We do want to make sure that you receive your order.
Old 10-24-11, 12:33 PM

Just got in touch with an Amazon UK chat rep. She was very nice and informed me that (though I received no notice) my package was indeed lost in transit. She stated amazon uk takes full responsibility for their shipments and my feedback would be used to look into DHLGA as a shipping option :3. She opened a replacement order, but stated she could not select the shipper . My fingers are crossed for not DHLGA.

Very good service though!
Old 10-24-11, 02:11 PM

I had emailed Amazon last week and they said they would try to track the package. I didn't receive another email (nor any "undeliverable" email) so I replied today again saying I hadn't received the package. I said I would still like the set and if possible to have another sent by Royal Mail. Just received an email confirming thats exactly what they'll do and if the original package shows up just to keep it as it would be too expensive to ship it back. Great Amazon service as usual!
Old 10-24-11, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

it took a VERY long time for me and during that time, I was tempted to give in to the lost in transit explanation. and finally one day it appeared in the mailbox - almost 3 weeks after dispatch email from Amazon. dunno what happened but it seems like USPS ain't the worst out there :-)...my second concern was that of some people complaining of playback problems. Tossed Disc 1 into my Sony BD player and works like like a charm. This was a great purchase, thanks again OP
Old 10-24-11, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aoskar
Very good service though!
Amazon.UK service has been nothing but great. Just hoping that Amazon.UK takes my hint and ships this sucker Royal Mail this time. I shudder to think if it goes DHL again and I am back in the same mess. We'll see though.
Old 10-24-11, 08:22 PM

I basically received the same email stating that they had no control over who would actually be shipping the set.

As of right now I am waiting to receive confirmation that they are going to ship out a replacement at the same cost. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning, I'll shoot them another email.
Old 10-25-11, 07:19 AM

Mine shipped out this morning via Royal Mail. YEAHIE! They might say they have no control, but perhaps they took the hint from all of our emails on this shipment. Here is to some that it gets here right this time.
Old 10-25-11, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Never received an undeliverable e-mail or refund e-mail, but shot them a message last night saying I still had not received it as well. Only really stated that I had not received it, others appear to be having issue with the fact that DHL was the shipping agent and that I would please like to still get the item so please look into it. Within 15 minutes got notice that a new copy was being dispatched and early this morning stating that it would be by Royal Mail. Hopefully that does th trick.
Old 10-25-11, 08:42 AM

spoke with an agent via live chat to sort it out and had some success. Had to reorder at the higher price and the adjusted it for me, and actually gave me a break by a couple of bucks.

Item(s) Subtotal: GBP 9.72
Postage & Packing: GBP 3.08
-----
Total before VAT: GBP 12.80
VAT: GBP 0.00
-----
Total: GBP 12.80
-----
Total for this Delivery: GBP 12.80
Total for this Delivery: USD 21.27 *

Worked out to be about $2.10 cheaper than the original order.

Just waiting on email to say its shipped, and hopefully by Royal Mail. They give an estimated delivery date of 11-16 November
Old 10-25-11, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Mine shipped yesterday through Royal Mail. I wasn't going to upgrade but on a whim I put the DVD Quad set up on Amazon Marketplace for 16.00 and it sold within the hour so this set will cost me about $10 when all is said and done!!
Old 10-25-11, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Mine shipped yesterday through Royal Mail. I wasn't going to upgrade but on a whim I put the DVD Quad set up on Amazon Marketplace for 16.00 and it sold within the hour so this set will cost me about $10 when all is said and done!!
I need to put up my Quad too, but on Half.com (I know Amazon gets more hits probably but I like Half's structure and have been with them for a while). But first I'm going to wait for the blus to hit my hands. Plus, I might have a friend who might want it too. I'm so darn nice
Old 10-27-11, 07:02 AM

Got an email yesterday saying min had shipped out via Royal Mail, so here's to hoping it shows up in my mailbox in a week or so

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.