Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Is this Blu Ray for Lord of Rings too good to be true

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-11, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this Blu Ray for Lord of Rings too good to be true

Hello -

First post here. Anyone have any dealings with this company or know about this Lord Of The Rings Blu Ray available for 19.99. It seems to good to be true.
The site is at inetvideo(dot)com then search lord of rings trilogy on blu ray.
I tried to post link, but I didn't have 30 posts or more, so if someone wouldn't mind visiting and checking out, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks Brian
Old 06-09-11, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Is this Blu Ray for Lord of Rings too good to be true

Originally Posted by Brelsford
Hello -

First post here. Anyone have any dealings with this company or know about this Lord Of The Rings Blu Ray available for 19.99. It seems to good to be true.
I tried to post link, but I didn't have 30 posts or more, so if someone wouldn't mind visiting and checking out, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks Brian
Inetvideo is, I believe, a Canadian company. This and other deals from them have been posted here in the past. I've never ordered from them but I know others have and I've never seen any complaints so I don't think you need to worry about the company.
Old 06-09-11, 08:43 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

The only problem is if there is a Canadian version, they will send that, which means billingual covers which are a turn off for some. Not sure about that product though for the cover.
Old 06-09-11, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Brelsford
Hello -

Thanks Brian
Yes, I checked and it's $19.99: http://search.inetvideo.com/search?w...sug=&view=grid

I've done a lot of business with inetvideo.

The reason for this low price is these are the theatrical versions, and since the extended versions will be released later this month, the theatrical versions will be selling for pennies on the dollar. You really want the theatrical versions? I'd be forking out the $84 for the 9-disc Extended Edition set instead.
Old 06-09-11, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered from the a few weeks ago. Absolutely no problem with then.

For the price, I can live with the multi language packaging. In fact, I kinda like it as it goes with the great deal on the alien collection from the UK.
Old 06-10-11, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

I bought these discs individually for $8 each last November from amazon, which translates to $24 total. So I can see inetvideo having the set for $20.
Old 06-10-11, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boogieman03
I ordered from the a few weeks ago. Absolutely no problem with then.

For the price, I can live with the multi language packaging. In fact, I kinda like it as it goes with the great deal on the alien collection from the UK.
What does it have to do with the UK Alien set? Does that have multi-language packaging also?
Old 06-10-11, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Peep
What does it have to do with the UK Alien set? Does that have multi-language packaging also?
Yeah, that one's in British.
Old 06-10-11, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought a bunch of HD DVDs from iNetVideo when they were clearing them out and offering free shipping. That's always been the dealbreaker for them since; the shipping wipes out any savings for the discs themselves. The bi-lingual packaging doesn't bother me other than looking stupid and serving as a warning of what's coming our way if we don't wake up and make English the official U.S. language. Otherwise look for English/Spanish (or English/Spanish/Chinese) packaging to be mandated.
Old 06-10-11, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by clappj
Yeah, that one's in British.
I wasn't aware that 'British' was a language...
Old 06-10-11, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
The bi-lingual packaging doesn't bother me other than looking stupid and serving as a warning of what's coming our way if we don't wake up and make English the official U.S. language. Otherwise look for English/Spanish (or English/Spanish/Chinese) packaging to be mandated.
Mandated by whom? The situation in Canada is that Both English and French are official languages, so they both have to be printed on products. In the US, there's no official language, so no set of languages can be mandated by the government.
Old 06-10-11, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I bought a bunch of HD DVDs from iNetVideo when they were clearing them out and offering free shipping. That's always been the dealbreaker for them since; the shipping wipes out any savings for the discs themselves. The bi-lingual packaging doesn't bother me other than looking stupid and serving as a warning of what's coming our way if we don't wake up and make English the official U.S. language. Otherwise look for English/Spanish (or English/Spanish/Chinese) packaging to be mandated.
Still better then the UK, which has those damn ugly ratings labels on the spine and on the cover of the movie.

And yea, their shipping charges usually kill a great deal.
Old 06-10-11, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah, but that Trilogy deal at Target last year was too good to be true.
Old 06-10-11, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Mandated by whom? The situation in Canada is that Both English and French are official languages, so they both have to be printed on products. In the US, there's no official language, so no set of languages can be mandated by the government.
Chill out. I'm just saying that unless we set ONE official language NOW, we're doomed to have two (or more) languages eventually declared "official" and thus cluttered packaging.

The dual language deal in Canada is just stupid, but based on the premise that Quebec - which constantly pretends it wants to be independent - is French-speaking (couldn't the same be said of parts of Spanish-speaking America) and thus must be accommodated. They should just cut the province loose and clean up the signs.
Old 06-10-11, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Chill out. I'm just saying that unless we set ONE official language NOW, we're doomed to have two (or more) languages eventually declared "official" and thus cluttered packaging.
Why do you think that's inevitable? We've gone over 200 years without an official language, so why would we suddenly declare two or more as official?

The dual language deal in Canada is just stupid, but based on the premise that Quebec - which constantly pretends it wants to be independent - is French-speaking (couldn't the same be said of parts of Spanish-speaking America) and thus must be accommodated. They should just cut the province loose and clean up the signs.
Quebec is literally in the middle of the country, so its separation would literally split the rest of Canada in two, orphaning a few provinces in the east. It'd be like if Ohio, West Virginia, and Virginia decided to join together and be their own country.
Old 06-11-11, 09:41 AM

Quebec is literally in the middle of the country
umm... how is the FAR EAST side of the country literally in the middle of it?

Anyway, THANKFULLY, there are no specific states in the US that use another language apart from English as their main language... so there's probably no chance of the US getting an 'official' language anytime soon.

As for the "British" language comment... wow, aren't people intelligent enough to be able to understand a simple joke!? Wow, it appears that 'Idiocracy' is happening IRL sooner than I had hoped it ever could... I mean, along with all the people who think that the last four minutes of the Harry Potter films could be split into multiple movies (per an article from "The Onion")... wow.
Old 06-11-11, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by larrythefatcat
umm... how is the FAR EAST side of the country literally in the middle of it?
I said middle, not exact center.
Old 06-11-11, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bleeding Blue
I wasn't aware that 'British' was a language...
Yeah, the package has the word bollocks on it a lot and everyone in the movie smokes ****.
Old 06-11-11, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If the founding fathers hadn't wimped out at the last minute we'd have an official language and then we wouldn't have to worry about any language on our packaging other than German.
Old 06-11-11, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BSTNFAN
If the founding fathers hadn't wimped out at the last minute we'd have an official language and then we wouldn't have to worry about any language on our packaging other than German.
The story that German was almost an official language of the United States is a myth:
http://german.about.com/library/weekly/aa010820a.htm

27 states have laws establishing English as an official language, including Hawaii, which recognizes both Hawaiian and English as official languages:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languag...anguage_status
Old 06-12-11, 11:01 AM

I said middle, not exact center.
I just thought it was curious that you decided to add the word 'literally'...

And thanks for the factoids...those other little tidbits are quite interesting. I don't think I'd ever heard the "urban legend" that German was almost the official language of the US.