Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy (7 discs)- $32.99 Amazon DOTD 6/4

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-11, 02:45 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy (7 discs)- $32.99 Amazon DOTD 6/4

Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy (Seven-Disc Blu-ray)- $32.99 (yesterday's price $49.99)
Old 06-04-11, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy (7 discs)- $32.99 Amazon DOTD 6/4

And we should be able to get a free Pirates #4 movie ticket:

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...s/pirates4-tix

I assume that each movie in the trilogy contains a Disney Movie Rewards code that can be entered?

Though not specifically stated in any reviews, it appears that none of the extras from the prior SE DVD sets have been dropped (most just ported in 480p) on these BDs.
Old 06-04-11, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
And we should be able to get a free Pirates #4 movie ticket:
You'll actually get 3 tickets to the new one. Just make sure you enter the codes before June 20.
Old 06-04-11, 01:58 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by tbender
You'll actually get 3 tickets to the new one. Just make sure you enter the codes before June 20.
whoa, that rules!
Old 06-04-11, 03:41 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is that confirmed? I've heard only one ticket per this package. Solo films have a ticket for each...
Old 06-04-11, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
is that confirmed? I've heard only one ticket per this package. Solo films have a ticket for each...
I got the set and it just had one free ticket.
Old 06-04-11, 04:17 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by onebyone
I got the set and it just had one free ticket.
that's what I thought.
Old 06-04-11, 04:48 PM

Sorry, I could have sworn I saw people talking about 3 tickets for the trilogy on the DMR Facebook page. Trying to find it now..

This is what someone said about how to get the other two tickets:

"sign in your DMR....click the tab at the top that says MY DMR....and then on the left column click the section called UNLOCKED OFFERS...then you can redeem the other two tickets!"

Hope that helps.

Last edited by tbender; 06-04-11 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-04-11, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by RapidTransit
Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy (Seven-Disc Blu-ray)- $32.99 (yesterday's price $49.99)
Is this a combo pack set? I know that each movie was re-releeased separately as a combo pack at the same time this set came out, so does this come with DVD copies as well?

Also, is there any improvement in the picture or audio quality of this set as compared to the already amazing previous Blu releases?
Old 06-04-11, 05:14 PM

Sorry, I could have sworn I saw people talking about 3 tickets for the trilogy on the DMR Facebook page. Trying to find it now..

This is what someone said about how to get the other two tickets:

"sign in your DMR....click the tab at the top that says MY DMR....and then on the left column click the section called UNLOCKED OFFERS...then you can redeem the other two tickets!"

Hope that helps.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Sneak Peek Redeem now
Free* Movie Admission To Pirates Of The Caribbean On Stranger Tides! May-22-2011

That's all I had right from the start. There is nothing there about any other tickets. Not that it matters to me, I just needed one.

You do get four codes to enter for your disney movie rewards, but only 1 of them unlocks the free ticket.

Last edited by onebyone; 06-04-11 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-04-11, 05:20 PM

It seems like nobody is sure if we'll get 3 codes or 1 code (onebyone, why would we get 4 codes?). Either way we'll only get 1 movie ticket. 2 or 3 tickets would've been better than 1, but 1 is better than 0. Matinees are $5.50 where I live, so that's what a ticket is worth to me.

Checking the DMR eligible titles list, the Trilogy BD pack is listed @ 475 points vs. the 3 individual releases @ 125 points, so the Trilogy is worth 100 more points (though I would've preferred 2 more movie tickets than 100 more points) if they give us a single code for the Trilogy. I already have a few thousand DMR points and no idea what to spend them on... I know I have at least until August to decide. Most of Disney's "good stuff" I already own and so many of their exclusive DVD releases are pan & scan so I don't want them.

Originally Posted by Panama Jack
Is this a combo pack set? I know that each movie was re-releeased separately as a combo pack at the same time this set came out, so does this come with DVD copies as well?

Also, is there any improvement in the picture or audio quality of this set as compared to the already amazing previous Blu releases?
From the reviews I read (skimmed), I believe this 7 disc set is the 3 previous 2-disc sets + 1 bonus disc, therefore no change in the picture or audio quality... all you get is 1 bonus disc of extras and a slipcover vs. the individual releases.

Maybe around BF there'll be a better deal on the Trilogy. When the Disney upgrade coupons were active (last year I think) and Target had $12.99 each making each BD $4.99, that was the best deal on the PotC movies but Disney yanked the coupons right before I tried to get them.
Old 06-04-11, 05:26 PM

It seems like nobody is sure if we'll get 3 codes or 1 code (onebyone, why would we get 4 codes?). Either way we'll only get 1 movie ticket. 2 or 3 tickets would've been better than 1, but 1 is better than 0. Matinees are $5.50 where I live, so that's what a ticket is worth to me.
Each blu has a magic code in it, as does the box set itself. These are the codes you use for points at disneymovierewards. However, only the slip in the box itself was good for a free ticket, for me anyway.
Old 06-06-11, 02:23 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts

i assume this deal is now dead?
Old 06-06-11, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
i assume this deal is now dead?
Yes, it was a deal of the day only.
Old 06-06-11, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Panama Jack

No DVDs included. Check out the user-submitted photos of the set on amazon. Just the same discs as in the previous releases, with slightly different covers and the bonus disc.
Old 06-06-11, 02:58 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Yes, it was a deal of the day only.
duh....thought this was posted today.
Old 06-07-11, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just opened mine and each individually wrapped disc had a reward sheet but I didn't find another sheet with a code on it. At this point I have the trilogy, 7 discs in all, and only 3 rewards sheets leaving me with 375 instead of 475 points.
Old 06-08-11, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by shumway
Just opened mine and each individually wrapped disc had a reward sheet but I didn't find another sheet with a code on it. At this point I have the trilogy, 7 discs in all, and only 3 rewards sheets leaving me with 375 instead of 475 points.
From other reading on the Internet, I'm learning that Amazon's latest batch is missing the 100 points DMR code which is also the code you need to get the free movie ticket. That's VERY uncool as I'm sure some people bought the set on the assumption they'd get the free movie ticket and the full 475 points which is what DMR's web site shows for the PotC trilogy BD set. I wonder if contacting DMR or Amazon would be the better choice? From past experience, DMR can take a while to respond to emails. However, if you're just missing a code I'm not sure if DMR would be able or willing to do anything. They usually can help if a code doesn't work or the code is blank (as happened to me), but then you have to send in some proof of purchase and that's a pain.
Old 06-08-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From other reading on the Internet, I'm learning that Amazon's latest batch is missing the 100 points DMR code which is also the code you need to get the free movie ticket. That's VERY uncool as I'm sure some people bought the set on the assumption they'd get the free movie ticket and the full 475 points which is what DMR's web site shows for the PotC trilogy BD set. I wonder if contacting DMR or Amazon would be the better choice? From past experience, DMR can take a while to respond to emails. However, if you're just missing a code I'm not sure if DMR would be able or willing to do anything. They usually can help if a code doesn't work or the code is blank (as happened to me), but then you have to send in some proof of purchase and that's a pain.
Thanks for the info. I hadn't started looking or decided which to contact. I think I'll start with Amazon.
Old 06-08-11, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Amazon is shipping me a replacement set, though I don't know if I'll end up in the same boat.
Old 06-08-11, 05:48 PM

Did you at least get the movie tickets?
Old 06-08-11, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by basketb
Did you at least get the movie tickets?
Nope. They weren't in my offers at DMR.
Old 06-08-11, 11:04 PM

Amazon is shipping me a replacement set, though I don't know if I'll end up in the same boat.
99% likely that you will be in the same boat. I got the impression (and I tried to post it without being too verbose and angering MAC(tm) members) that Amazon's current batch is missing the 4th code needed for the movie ticket by design. That is, it was intended to be sold after the PotC ticket voucher ended, but Amazon is selling it early as they are apparently out of the old inventory with the ticket. For those who haven't opened their set from Amazon, there is a possible solution I won't spell out, but think B&M. Amazon should've warned about this and should offer people a credit because sending replacements of the same thing will only waste time and money. But I guess you'll get more DMR points if you get to open 2 sets.
Old 06-08-11, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

99% likely that you will be in the same boat. I got the impression (and I tried to post it without being too verbose and angering MAC(tm) members) that Amazon's current batch is missing the 4th code needed for the movie ticket by design. That is, it was intended to be sold after the PotC ticket voucher ended, but Amazon is selling it early as they are apparently out of the old inventory with the ticket. For those who haven't opened their set from Amazon, there is a possible solution I won't spell out, but think B&M. Amazon should've warned about this and should offer people a credit because sending replacements of the same thing will only waste time and money. But I guess you'll get more DMR points if you get to open 2 sets.
no you dont get more dmr points, because you can only redeem points for the same release once.
But yeah i would just contact amazon and say hey i bought this with the assumption that this was including a ticket to see pirates of the carribean 4 free, and they will most likely give you a 10 or 12 dollar credit.
Old 06-09-11, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
no you dont get more dmr points, because you can only redeem points for the same release once.
But yeah i would just contact amazon and say hey i bought this with the assumption that this was including a ticket to see pirates of the carribean 4 free, and they will most likely give you a 10 or 12 dollar credit.
I forgot about that restriction in DMR. Of course for those who have a family who have separate DMR accounts, the additional codes could be put to use.

If anyone successfully gets Amazon to give a credit to your account, please post how much credit you got and whether you called or did email/chat. If I had the choice between the movie ticket voucher or $10 or $12 credit, I'd take the latter because I could buy 2 matinees for that.

I'll reiterate that if Amazon tells you they'll just ship you another copy and pay the postage to return the first one, tell them based on what you've read on the Internet, that won't do any good because all copies people have received from the DOTD sale have been without the movie ticket voucher code. You either need a credit or return the item for a full refund.

EDIT: I looked up the movie voucher which says it's good up to $8.50, so one shouldn't ask or expect Amazon to give more (though things such as this are so YMMV you never know what to expect). They should seriously just give everyone who ordered the PotC Trilogy recently $8.50 in credit.

Last edited by Manzana; 06-09-11 at 12:14 PM.