The Mechanic $17.99
The Roommate $17.99
Thor: Tales of Asgard $19.99
The Rite (BR+DVD+DC) $22.99
Old 05-12-11, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,165 Likes on 909 Posts
Re: Target Ad 5/15 - 5/21

I wouldn't mind seeing The Mechanic but I'll probably wait for a price drop or just rent it.
Old 05-12-11, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mechanic was good but I'll wait for inevitable price drop since I am in no rush owning it.
Old 05-13-11, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by nycdude
Mechanic was good but I'll wait for inevitable price drop since I am in no rush owning it.
I thought we were talking about the old Charles Bronson/Jan Michael Vincent movie.

I just looked it up having a sneaking suspicion that was a bit pricey for an old catalog title, plus I know how Hollywood is so unoriginal it can't help but reuse the same movie names and plots/ideas whether remakes or just variations.

I guess this is a remake with Jason Staatham. Jason Staatham playing a hitman with Ben Foster as his apprentice? That would be so out of character for both of them... not. Since I generally like Jason, I'll add it to my list of movies to get someday... when they are dirt cheap. Even $10 would be too much for this on BD unless it was super awesome, and the fact I haven't heard of it before makes me think it's probably just your average Jason shoot-em-up. I remember waiting on The Bank Job until it finally hit $7 or so on BD. I think I got both Cranks, Chaos, Transporter 1 & 2, and War BDs for $4 or $5 each at Target. I might get Transporter 3 BD at $5 because I liked the movie even though I hated that puke ugly freckled girl in it. She's the first person I ever saw who has freckles on her lips. Yuck. I remember wishing throughout the movie that he'd just throw her out the window and let her explode, but no such luck.
Old 05-13-11, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't too impressed with The Mechanic.