Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

wbshop and discounts

Old 04-21-11, 10:20 AM

wbshop and discounts

I am a wbshop customer for about 2 yrs and always get 25% off. When the Superman BD Anthology came up I only got 10% off. I called them this morning and said I have to contact wbinsider. They didnt have a phone # and I didnt see anywhere on web page to contact them. The odd part is the woman said it was a per-order yet I pre-ordered something in March and got 25% off and someone in this forum order LOTR megaset and got the same. Anyone know how to contact/fix this?
Old 04-21-11, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: wbshop and discounts

Originally Posted by mw390 View Post
I am a wbshop customer for about 2 yrs and always get 25% off. When the Superman BD Anthology came up I only got 10% off. I called them this morning and said I have to contact wbinsider. They didnt have a phone # and I didnt see anywhere on web page to contact them. The odd part is the woman said it was a per-order yet I pre-ordered something in March and got 25% off and someone in this forum order LOTR megaset and got the same. Anyone know how to contact/fix this?
There's nothing wrong; the Insider discount was lowered from 25% to 10% a few weeks ago.
Old 04-21-11, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by jwstl View Post
There's nothing wrong; the Insider discount was lowered from 25% to 10% a few weeks ago.
Feh....too good to be true....
Old 04-21-11, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's not looking hopeful, but this isn't the first time they've lowered the discount. Usually it coincides with a preorder they want to sell at close to full price. Although, in the past, the discount was usually 20 and not 10. Also, to be fair, they never truly lowered the free shipping offer back down to 60 from 100. This could be their new trend, and if it is I won't be shopping from them any more (until another 10 - 15 blu-ray season offer).

Last edited by izatright; 04-21-11 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-21-11, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by izatright View Post
It's not looking hopefully, but this isn't the first time they've lowered the discount. Usually it coincides with a preorder they want to sell at close to full price. Although, in the past, the discount was usually 20 and not 10. Also, to be fair, they never truly lowered the free shipping offer back down to 60 from 100. This could be their new trend, and if it is I won't be shopping from them any more (until another 10 - 15 blu-ray season offer).
I ALWAYS got 25%...even on pre-orders
Old 04-21-11, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know what to say to that. Either you didn't shop there as often as I did or you're far luckier than I am. I know for a fact that, at least at several points during my WB shopping history, when the discount dropped for me Slick Dealers and DVD Talkers felt the impact and voiced complaints on the forums. They bounced back, and I hope that happens here.
Old 04-21-11, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by izatright View Post
I don't know what to say to that. Either you didn't shop there as often as I did or you're far luckier than I am. I know for a fact that, at least at several points during my WB shopping history, when the discount dropped for me Slick Dealers and DVD Talkers felt the impact and voiced complaints on the forums. They bounced back, and I hope that happens here.

In March I ordered Every Which/Any Which and got 25% off. Too bad if 10% is permanent
Old 04-21-11, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This should really go into the Stores Forum..

I went to the Insiders page and clicked "Benefits"... it now says "up to" 25% instead of 25%.... go figure..
Old 04-21-11, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
This should really go into the Stores Forum..
^that and a better thread title next time. I thought this was going to be about current usable coupons and discounts.