DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Target Ad 4/3-4/9 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/589064-target-ad-4-3-4-9-a.html)

cineman 03-28-11 10:36 PM

Re: Target Ad 4/3-4/9

On Target's movie page, I don't see a Tron coupon or a generic Disney coupon. What am I missing?

asianxcore 03-28-11 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by cineman (Post 10699747)
On Target's movie page, I don't see a Tron coupon or a generic Disney coupon. What am I missing?

It's probably not live yet, seeing as how this ad is for next week.

It'll probably show up where the Target Coupon for Tangled is now on the front page.

http://www.target.com/b?node=1259488...horturl_movies

Manzana 03-28-11 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10699595)
My Target is great about accepting coupons. It's Best Buy that always gives me a hard time or refuses to accept them.

Wow. Someone else has the same experience as I do with Target vs. BB. Usually when I post something negative about BB regarding coupons, some people act like I'm the only person who has ever had trouble using coupons at BB. Maybe you live in the same area I do.

Marvin Dorfler 03-29-11 03:43 AM

So the only way to get the original TRON and TRON: LEGACY on BD is if you buy the 5-Pack? That is kind of a killjoy. I was hoping to somehow get them together rather than purchase them separately...

--Dorfler

Michael Corvin 03-29-11 07:33 AM

In for Dawn Treader. :fc: Hopefully Amazon matches.

flix1 03-29-11 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Marvin Dorfler (Post 10699928)
So the only way to get the original TRON and TRON: LEGACY on BD is if you buy the 5-Pack? That is kind of a killjoy. I was hoping to somehow get them together rather than purchase them separately...

--Dorfler

I don't understand ...

If you get the 5-Pack, you get the Tron and Legacy BD's together, plus both 3D and 2D versions of Legacy ... the only missing piece vs buying separately is the original Tron on DVD.

Based on the coupons coming about ... it is probably going to be cheaper to by them separately anyway.

kstublen 03-29-11 12:10 PM

Here's the details of the Target $5 Off Coupon:

$5 off $24.99 or higher Disney Blu-ray

Target Coupon: Expires 4/23/11

Valid in store only. Limit one manufacturer and one Target coupon per item. Void if copied, scanned, transferred, purchased, sold or prohibited by law. Item(s) may not be available at all stores. Coupon value may not exceed value of item purchased. No cash value.
Per the coupon's details, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to use both the $5 Target Coupon, the $5 Tron: Legacy Coupon, and the potential $5 or $10 Tron Coupon.

In any event, even if you don't have a need for the 3D Version of Tron: Legacy, since it's priced $24.99 you might as well get it, use the $5 Target Coupon, which brings it to $19.99 (same as the 2-Disc), then use the $5 Tron: Legacy Coupon.

vmars 03-29-11 01:52 PM

It's too bad the new Narnia isn't a Disney release, no coupon :(

wormraper 03-29-11 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by vmars (Post 10700614)
It's too bad the new Narnia isn't a Disney release, no coupon :(

however , unlike Disney, Fox will have a sale on it later on down the line. especially since it bombed pretty bad this will be an easy $12.99 and under titles soon. Either new or used easily

vmars 03-29-11 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 10700623)
however , unlike Disney, Fox will have a sale on it later on down the line. especially since it bombed pretty bad this will be an easy $12.99 and under titles soon. Either new or used easily

Actually the movie had a little more than half the budget of the last one and made back a little more than $400 million compared to the $420 million of the last. But you're right, it will probably go on sale in a few weeks though the $19.99 price isn't that bad.

bobertkay99 03-29-11 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10700399)
Here's the details of the Target $5 Off Coupon:

Per the coupon's details, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to use both the $5 Target Coupon, the $5 Tron: Legacy Coupon, and the potential $5 or $10 Tron Coupon.

In any event, even if you don't have a need for the 3D Version of Tron: Legacy, since it's priced $24.99 you might as well get it, use the $5 Target Coupon, which brings it to $19.99 (same as the 2-Disc), then use the $5 Tron: Legacy Coupon.

Could someone to be so kind as to post direct links to these coupons so that I can print them up for myself? I've never taken advantage of these Target or Disney coupons, so I might be missing something here. My apologies in advance if thats the case.

vmars 03-29-11 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by bobertkay99 (Post 10700929)
Could someone to be so kind as to post direct links to these coupons so that I can print them up for myself? I've never taken advantage of these Target or Disney coupons, so I might be missing something here. My apologies in advance if thats the case.

Look in the other threads in the blu-ray bargains forum, the $5 target one is there. And the disney one can be had on Disneymovierewards.com

wormraper 03-29-11 08:12 PM

looks like you can't combine the DMR $5 off coupons with the $8 instant discount for buying both at Target. talk about really chincing it

http://img198.imageshack.us/i/photomjl.jpg/

gotrice487 03-29-11 10:21 PM

Thanks for the prices OP! I will finally bite on 127 Hours at that price

kstublen 03-29-11 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 10701185)
looks like you can't combine the DMR $5 off coupons with the $8 instant discount for buying both at Target. talk about really chincing it

Wow. That's pretty ridiculous. I'll try it anyway though, lol.

vmars 03-29-11 10:48 PM

That's pretty crazy. Hopefully we'll have a coupon pop up for Tron: Classic though. Have we had any disney releases show up without a coupon at all lately?

Manzana 03-29-11 10:59 PM

It will depend how they program their computers. The same wording exists in this week's ad saying coupons are not combinable with the $10 GC for purchasing Tangled + 1 of 3 select Disney BDs, yet I know from a reliable source (and a couple other posts here) that it still works. We won't know whether the Tron combo discount works with the coupons until someone buys them next Tuesday morning and posts the results. If the computer does not give the discount, we won't have a leg to stand on if we ask customer service about it due to the wording in the ad.

The bigger "chincing" in my opinion is that Disney's coupons are now only $5. It's better than nothing but disappointing compared to the good old days. I suppose in a year or two when Disney's coupons are only $1-$3 each or when they no longer have them, we'll be looking at $5 coupons as the good old days.

kstublen 03-30-11 12:15 AM

The way I'm going to do it is give them both Tron and Tron: Legacy, let them run it through and get the discount applied. Then, after I see the $8 having been applied, hand them the Target Coupon, then Tron Coupon, then Tron: Legacy Coupon. There's also the option of ringing them up with a cashier then going to Customer Service to apply the coupons, which might be a better idea.

---

As to the Disney Coupons, I'm glad Disney, with notoriously high MSRP and very few sales, gives us coupons at all. I think a $5 Coupon is perfectly acceptable for new movies (like Tangled, Tron: Legacy) since we aren't really double-dipping with them. For older releases (like Nausicaa, Tron, The Incredibles) I think a $10 Coupon is in order since we are double-dipping; especially since we're given no option but to get another DVD of a movie we already have since they do the Combo Packs with everything.

AmityBoatTours 03-30-11 01:28 AM

well that really isnt disneys fault now is it? that more falls inline with being a decision from Target, if they went so far as to put it in their ad. just be glad we are still getting discounts at all.

wormraper 03-30-11 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours (Post 10701527)
well that really isnt disneys fault now is it? that more falls inline with being a decision from Target, if they went so far as to put it in their ad. just be glad we are still getting discounts at all.

actually there's a good chance that Disney IS putting a damper on it. if they're the one subsidizing the sale etc then they can legally put restrictions on the combination of deals

CombatCraig 03-30-11 08:03 AM

I was bummed at first but I did just use the 4-disc only Tangled coupon at Best Buy on the 2 disc version no problem so we'll see...

Manzana 03-30-11 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10701477)
The way I'm going to do it is give them both Tron and Tron: Legacy, let them run it through and get the discount applied. Then, after I see the $8 having been applied, hand them the Target Coupon, then Tron Coupon, then Tron: Legacy Coupon. There's also the option of ringing them up with a cashier then going to Customer Service to apply the coupons, which might be a better idea.

That's my plan as well. I typically try a cashier, and if that doesn't work go to customer service, and if that doesn't work then go to another store. If CS looks at the ad, they have grounds to say no to the $8 combo discount, though.

If you buy the Tron 3D @ $24.99, theoretically you might be able to use $5 Target Disney coupon scan to bring down the price. You mentioned the Tron coupon and Tron: Legacy coupon. Are there separate $5 off coupons for each? I've only heard people talking about a Tron coupon, so I thought only 1 of them was getting a coupon.

vmars 03-30-11 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10701673)
That's my plan as well. I typically try a cashier, and if that doesn't work go to customer service, and if that doesn't work then go to another store. If CS looks at the ad, they have grounds to say no to the $8 combo discount, though.

If you buy the Tron 3D @ $24.99, theoretically you might be able to use $5 Target Disney coupon scan to bring down the price. You mentioned the Tron coupon and Tron: Legacy coupon. Are there separate $5 off coupons for each? I've only heard people talking about a Tron coupon, so I thought only 1 of them was getting a coupon.

We have no proof that we'll be getting a coupon for the original tron but from disney's track record, we probably will get one of some sort. Who knows for how much though.

Blu-ray-collect 03-30-11 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10701416)
The bigger "chincing" in my opinion is that Disney's coupons are now only $5. It's better than nothing but disappointing compared to the good old days. I suppose in a year or two when Disney's coupons are only $1-$3 each or when they no longer have them, we'll be looking at $5 coupons as the good old days.

Also might be due to people taking back movies to get the coupon money back. Someone at another forum (Slick Deals, I think) was boasting that they were doing that. Possible Disney thought a $5 coupon was not enough for people to return movies and rip Disney off.

But, as along as stores like Target and Walmart continue to refund the full amount, it won't stop. $5 is a lot of money for some people.

gmerreighnjr 03-30-11 04:15 PM

when i purchased Tangled for my daughter today i got a printout coupon for $3 off a disney bluray $24.99 or more so with that and the $5 Disney coupon the 5-disc set will be cheaper than Amazon....looks like i'll be cancelling my preorder