DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Tangled and/or Tron Coupons??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/588500-tangled-tron-coupons.html)

masetodd 03-12-11 11:55 PM

Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Does anyone know if Disney will have those $10 coupons for Tangled and Tron available soon?

wormraper 03-13-11 12:38 AM

Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by masetodd (Post 10677448)
Does anyone know if Disney will have those $10 coupons for Tangled and Tron available soon?

probably the week before (at most) before they are released.

vmars 03-13-11 01:46 AM

Time to have this thread shut down please, the coupons will get posted when they are available

flix1 03-13-11 09:20 AM

Usually the $10 coupons are only available for titles that have been previously released on DVD.

We have gotten some $8 coupons for new, original releases, but no guarantees.

kenbenobi 03-13-11 10:05 AM

Why do you care if we get them SOON? You can't use them until the titles are released...

basketb 03-13-11 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10677635)
Why do you care if we get them SOON? You can't use them until the titles are released...

Well, one reason would be to see whether to keep the amazon pre-orders taking the $8 and $5 off coupons for each of these movies into account, or whether B&M stores will have better deals (that, of course, requires knowing their prices in advance as well.).

Obi-Wanma 03-13-11 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by flix1 (Post 10677607)
Usually the $10 coupons are only available for titles that have been previously released on DVD.

We have gotten some $8 coupons for new, original releases, but no guarantees.

We got a $10 Coupon for A Christmas Carol, likely because it was a 3D release, and these are also 3D releases.

bluetoast 03-13-11 01:20 PM

Toy Story 3 had a $10 off coupon as well. I'm betting Tangled will have it, especially because of the 3-D.

Gizmo 03-13-11 01:21 PM

Anyone have a $10 off coupon for Pirates of the Caribbean 4? Just want to have it early!

That'sAllFolks 03-13-11 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 10677793)
Toy Story 3 had a $10 off coupon as well. I'm betting Tangled will have it, especially because of the 3-D.

The coupon was $8 on release week for TS3. Unless there was a coupon released later?

For new releases it's a hit miss. I know Price of Persia and TS3 were $8, but I believe Christmas Story was $10. So it's hard to tell.

Manzana 03-13-11 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by basketb (Post 10677645)
Well, one reason would be to see whether to keep the amazon pre-orders taking the $8 and $5 off coupons for each of these movies into account, or whether B&M stores will have better deals (that, of course, requires knowing their prices in advance as well.).

Exactly. That is THE reason... to know whether Amazon preorders should be kept because to be safe you have to cancel them by Thursday evening of the week prior. Now it's true we're a little bit early on Tangled and Tron, but I can understand the eagerness.

I've learned that the moment any Disney BD coupon is released, someone will always post it in the BD forum here, so I just keep my eye out for the headline and hope it happens before it's too late to cancel a preorder. I think it always has (so far).

Isny 03-13-11 08:57 PM

The Incredibles is also being released around the same time. Luckily Disney is good with coupons so the multitude of cramped together releases won't break the bank.

kenbenobi 03-14-11 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Isny (Post 10678408)
The Incredibles is also being released around the same time. Luckily Disney is good with coupons so the multitude of cramped together releases won't break the bank.

Another benefit of the close release dates is a POSSIBLE deal at TRU, doing a pre-order chain. Dunno if that will happen with these releases, but I hope so.

Obi-Wanma 03-14-11 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10679041)
Another benefit of the close release dates is a POSSIBLE deal at TRU, doing a pre-order chain. Dunno if that will happen with these releases, but I hope so.

Pre order deals at TRU lately haven't been nearly as good as they used to be. I saw a pre order card for Bambi, and it was save 5 bucks off a purchase today with a $5 pre-order deposit, which would only be barely worth it if TRU was offering competitive prices, which they haven't been recently.

masetodd 03-14-11 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by vmars (Post 10677496)
Time to have this thread shut down please, the coupons will get posted when they are available

OK - please shut down this thread - I'm feel so bad that I'm trying to find a bargain on these blu-ray movies in this forum. ;)

AmityBoatTours 03-14-11 01:47 PM

I agree can someone close this thread. readers know that when the coupons for these become available the first reader to see they are live always posts a link for everyone. where the only thing this thread does is keep an actual bargin off the main the page.

And iam still betting that Tangled will be a 8.00 coupon not a 10.00 one since that was the amount the amazon pre order coupon was for. and the previous 8.00 coupons were the same way (prince of persia and Toy Story 3)

Schloob1 03-14-11 02:28 PM

Oh no, I am agreeing with Amity but yes close the thread down please ;)

Simple fact is when the coupon is live it will get posted about. I would like someone to post of the last time that a coupon for a Disney blu has not been posted about the moment it came live? I understand the people concerned about their pre-order with Amazon, but hey that is the gamble you have to take.

My money is on incrediPinoy to post it too btw :D

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 03-14-11 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Schloob1 (Post 10679315)
Simple fact is when the coupon is live it will get posted about. I would like someone to post of the last time that a coupon for a Disney blu has not been posted about the moment it came live?

If you're masetodd, don't read this.

Spoiler:

Yeah, they aren't out yet already ;)

Anyone else have trouble printing theirs? There's always the one or two people that can't do it.

Schloob1 03-14-11 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers (Post 10679717)

Spoiler:

Anyone else have trouble printing theirs? There's always the one or two people that can't do it.

rotfl

vmars 03-14-11 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers (Post 10679717)

One or two people? Usually these coupon threads just devolve into people complaining on how they couldn't get the coupon and how Disney is such a terrible company, lol

Abob Teff 03-22-11 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by vmars (Post 10679778)
One or two people? Usually these coupon threads just devolve into people complaining on how they couldn't get the coupon and how Disney is such a terrible company, lol

Disney is a terrible company, I can't get the coupons to print! Where are the coupons already!? :)

AmityBoatTours 03-22-11 08:40 PM

please close this thread so this pointless thread doesnt continue to bump ACTUAL bargins from the main page. Everyone knows when the coupons go live a reader will post them on here.

Sweet Baby James 03-22-11 09:11 PM

A Tangled coupon is definitely coming-

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...tangled-coupon

The question is for how much.

b2net 03-22-11 11:04 PM

If the coupon goes live.. please start a new thread.. I cannot imagine this one carrying all the convos about the Tangled Coupon...

TerryW 03-23-11 12:13 AM

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...0484659412.jpg