Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Old 02-13-11, 02:47 PM

Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Not sure if it's also $9 in stores.

Iron Man 2 $9.00
Old 02-13-11, 03:15 PM

Re: Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

A few posters at Blu-ray forums have spotted it in stores too.

Plus a few others:

The Crazies
Edge Of Darkness
Law Abiding Citizen
Superbad
This is it
Australia (there's a $3 off coupon for this at coupons.com)
Old 02-13-11, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes, in store. Just picked up....

Also grabbed T2 for $10.00. Yea, I had in DVD, but for $10 for my favorite of the Terminator series, I'll double buy. Plus Walmart had a 2 pack of the last 2 in the series...so I might pick up.

Target had a good chunk of movies in the $10-$13 range...worth a look....
Old 02-16-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Yes, in store. Just picked up....

Also grabbed T2 for $10.00. Yea, I had in DVD, but for $10 for my favorite of the Terminator series, I'll double buy. Plus Walmart had a 2 pack of the last 2 in the series...so I might pick up.

Target had a good chunk of movies in the $10-$13 range...worth a look....
Was T2 the first or second BD?
Old 02-16-11, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazon has kind of matched this by putting it up for $9.99. Nice if you have Prime.
Old 02-16-11, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979 View Post
Was T2 the first or second BD?
At my Target it was the Skynet edition.
Old 02-16-11, 08:09 PM

Just got Iron man 2 any idea why it says "disc 1" as I have searched inside the case,and cannot for the life of me find disc 2.....
Old 02-16-11, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mountainhigh View Post
Just got Iron man 2 any idea why it says "disc 1" as I have searched inside the case,and cannot for the life of me find disc 2.....
This is Disc 1 only. There's also a 2 Disc BR version with 2 BLUs + DVD/DC.
Old 02-16-11, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by mountainhigh View Post
Probably (just a guess) because there were 2 editions (a 1-BD and 2-BD + digital copy) and they decided to use the same disc with the same artwork from the 2-BD set to make the 1-BD set to save having to do different artwork.

Also, this was the only thread I found where Edge of Darkness BD mentioned as being $9 (I sure didn't see it in Target's ad) so I'll mention what happened. I bought it at my closest Target a few days ago, opened it, and watched it (it was OK but not as good as Taken). Today I went to a different Target where I saw BD+DVD combo packs of EOD for $9 instead of just the single disc edition which was all my closest Target had. It kind of bothered me that I missed out on a free DVD (even though I'd probably never watch it) for the same price because of inventory differences. Since this was one of those rare cases where I watched something I bought immediately, I'm stuck with the single disc edition.

Anyone else buying EOD might want to keep an eye out for the combo pack edition (and hope your Target has better inventory than mine).
Old 02-16-11, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Also, this was the only thread I found where Edge of Darkness BD mentioned as being $9 (I sure didn't see it in Target's ad) so I'll mention what happened. I bought it at my closest Target a few days ago, opened it, and watched it (it was OK but not as good as Taken). Today I went to a different Target where I saw BD+DVD combo packs of EOD for $9 instead of just the single disc edition which was all my closest Target had. It kind of bothered me that I missed out on a free DVD (even though I'd probably never watch it) for the same price because of inventory differences. Since this was one of those rare cases where I watched something I bought immediately, I'm stuck with the single disc edition.

Anyone else buying EOD might want to keep an eye out for the combo pack edition (and hope your Target has better inventory than mine).
In regards to Edge of Darkness, that is one of the many WB combos that came out originally with a DVD in the first printing of them after which it's BLU only. They did this with Sherlock Holmes, Invictus, Valentine's Day, Where The Wild Things Are, and several others.
Old 02-17-11, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
In regards to Edge of Darkness, that is one of the many WB combos that came out originally with a DVD in the first printing of them after which it's BLU only. They did this with Sherlock Holmes, Invictus, Valentine's Day, Where The Wild Things Are, and several others.
So it's not ALL Warner releases but just certain ones? I was aware of Sherlock Holmes (and got the combo pack at Target when it was on sale). I think I got lucky with Invictus on BF and got the combo pack without noticing. WTWA from Amazon was just the single disc, and of course the Target I bought EOD from only had the single disc editions (and I didn't know at the time there were EOD combo packs at a different Target).

I guess without someone posting a warning that a combo pack DID exist for a particular title, I wouldn't know to be extra careful when buying... unless WB does it for all of their releases?
Old 02-17-11, 12:19 PM

Thanks for the replies!