Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Old 02-13-11, 02:47 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Texan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 926
Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Not sure if it's also $9 in stores.

Iron Man 2 $9.00
Texan26 is offline  
Old 02-13-11, 03:15 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 795
Re: Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

A few posters at Blu-ray forums have spotted it in stores too.

Plus a few others:

The Crazies
Edge Of Darkness
Law Abiding Citizen
Superbad
This is it
Australia (there's a $3 off coupon for this at coupons.com)
josepotato is offline  
Old 02-13-11, 05:50 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Home again, Big D
Posts: 29,007
Re: Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Yes, in store. Just picked up....

Also grabbed T2 for $10.00. Yea, I had in DVD, but for $10 for my favorite of the Terminator series, I'll double buy. Plus Walmart had a 2 pack of the last 2 in the series...so I might pick up.

Target had a good chunk of movies in the $10-$13 range...worth a look....
Sdallnct is offline  
Old 02-16-11, 09:50 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 5,200
Re: Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Yes, in store. Just picked up....

Also grabbed T2 for $10.00. Yea, I had in DVD, but for $10 for my favorite of the Terminator series, I'll double buy. Plus Walmart had a 2 pack of the last 2 in the series...so I might pick up.

Target had a good chunk of movies in the $10-$13 range...worth a look....
Was T2 the first or second BD?
zekeburger1979 is offline  
Old 02-16-11, 10:47 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
matome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: NY
Posts: 12,304
Re: Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Amazon has kind of matched this by putting it up for $9.99. Nice if you have Prime.
matome is offline  
Old 02-16-11, 11:50 AM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 206
Re: Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979 View Post
Was T2 the first or second BD?
At my Target it was the Skynet edition.
Guy Gadbois is offline  
Old 02-16-11, 08:09 PM
  #7  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10
Re: Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Just got Iron man 2 any idea why it says "disc 1" as I have searched inside the case,and cannot for the life of me find disc 2.....
mountainhigh is offline  
Old 02-16-11, 08:48 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,217
Re: Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Originally Posted by mountainhigh View Post
Just got Iron man 2 any idea why it says "disc 1" as I have searched inside the case,and cannot for the life of me find disc 2.....
This is Disc 1 only. There's also a 2 Disc BR version with 2 BLUs + DVD/DC.
bigjim25 is offline  
Old 02-16-11, 09:17 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Re: Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Originally Posted by mountainhigh View Post
Just got Iron man 2 any idea why it says "disc 1" as I have searched inside the case,and cannot for the life of me find disc 2.....
Probably (just a guess) because there were 2 editions (a 1-BD and 2-BD + digital copy) and they decided to use the same disc with the same artwork from the 2-BD set to make the 1-BD set to save having to do different artwork.

Also, this was the only thread I found where Edge of Darkness BD mentioned as being $9 (I sure didn't see it in Target's ad) so I'll mention what happened. I bought it at my closest Target a few days ago, opened it, and watched it (it was OK but not as good as Taken). Today I went to a different Target where I saw BD+DVD combo packs of EOD for $9 instead of just the single disc edition which was all my closest Target had. It kind of bothered me that I missed out on a free DVD (even though I'd probably never watch it) for the same price because of inventory differences. Since this was one of those rare cases where I watched something I bought immediately, I'm stuck with the single disc edition.

Anyone else buying EOD might want to keep an eye out for the combo pack edition (and hope your Target has better inventory than mine).
Manzana is offline  
Old 02-16-11, 09:28 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,217
Re: Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Also, this was the only thread I found where Edge of Darkness BD mentioned as being $9 (I sure didn't see it in Target's ad) so I'll mention what happened. I bought it at my closest Target a few days ago, opened it, and watched it (it was OK but not as good as Taken). Today I went to a different Target where I saw BD+DVD combo packs of EOD for $9 instead of just the single disc edition which was all my closest Target had. It kind of bothered me that I missed out on a free DVD (even though I'd probably never watch it) for the same price because of inventory differences. Since this was one of those rare cases where I watched something I bought immediately, I'm stuck with the single disc edition.

Anyone else buying EOD might want to keep an eye out for the combo pack edition (and hope your Target has better inventory than mine).
In regards to Edge of Darkness, that is one of the many WB combos that came out originally with a DVD in the first printing of them after which it's BLU only. They did this with Sherlock Holmes, Invictus, Valentine's Day, Where The Wild Things Are, and several others.
bigjim25 is offline  
Old 02-17-11, 09:19 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Re: Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
In regards to Edge of Darkness, that is one of the many WB combos that came out originally with a DVD in the first printing of them after which it's BLU only. They did this with Sherlock Holmes, Invictus, Valentine's Day, Where The Wild Things Are, and several others.
So it's not ALL Warner releases but just certain ones? I was aware of Sherlock Holmes (and got the combo pack at Target when it was on sale). I think I got lucky with Invictus on BF and got the combo pack without noticing. WTWA from Amazon was just the single disc, and of course the Target I bought EOD from only had the single disc editions (and I didn't know at the time there were EOD combo packs at a different Target).

I guess without someone posting a warning that a combo pack DID exist for a particular title, I wouldn't know to be extra careful when buying... unless WB does it for all of their releases?
Manzana is offline  
Old 02-17-11, 12:19 PM
  #12  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10
Re: Iron Man 2 (single blu-ray) - $9 + shipping at Target.com

Thanks for the replies!
mountainhigh is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.