Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alien Anthology $40 shipped Amazon UK

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-11, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Alien Anthology $40 shipped Amazon UK

Originally Posted by jimbo504
Mine supposedly dispatched on 12/13, estimated delivery 1/6. still haven't received it.
I have the same time-frame. I have not received it and the month wait is going to be up in two days.
Old 01-12-11, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dispatched 12/13, est 1/6... still no sign. Sent inquiry today, but had forgotten about the weather.
Old 01-12-11, 06:30 PM

Got my Battle Royale set today, which shipped about 4 days prior to Alien Anthology so hopefully that'll get here in a couple of days.
Old 01-13-11, 12:05 AM

Alien Anthology dispatched 12/15 with est. delivery of 1/10 but not yet received.

X-Men Quadrilogy ordered 1/5, dispatched 1/6, estimated delivery 1/27 but received 1/12

Go figure.
Old 01-14-11, 11:41 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I just e-mailed customer service requesting a replacement to be send out (since the price has now increased, a refund and new order would not work). I'll say this - Amazon UK does not make it very easy to submit customer service inquiries on lost packages (ie, you can't do it directly from your online invoice page). --Peter
Old 01-14-11, 01:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Proglodite
I just e-mailed customer service requesting a replacement to be send out (since the price has now increased, a refund and new order would not work). I'll say this - Amazon UK does not make it very easy to submit customer service inquiries on lost packages (ie, you can't do it directly from your online invoice page). --Peter
While it might not be as convenient as US Amazon, I recently had an item not show up during these past shipping difficulties and I just did a general customer service request referenceing the item and order number. As in Amazon fashion they took care of the issue quickly and to my satisfaction.

Over the past year I have ordered several things from Amazon UK over other places due to availability of a title, price, and quality differences. I always wondered (worried) how service might be based on ordering from the US. All I can say now is I have no worries and will continue ordering.
Old 01-14-11, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm thinking if there are this many of us who haven't received Aliens yet, it's not lost, but much delayed. I can wait longer.
Old 01-14-11, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I placed an Amazon UK order on the 28th of November and it shipped on the 29th. When I hadn't received it by the 20th of December I sent them a note. They asked me to wait until the 28th of December (30 days) and if I still hadn't received it to contact them via a link in the the email and they would either refund my money or re-send the order. It arrived on the 28th. I was a bit annoyed that it didn't arrive by Christmas but I assumed that risk when I placed an order from overseas right before the holidays. Factor in the bad weather and it was almost guaranteed to be delayed.
If it's been 3 weeks or so I would contact them now but expect to be asked to wait a little longer. If it's been a month or more I definitely wouldn't wait to contact them.
Old 01-14-11, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It'll be a month tomorrow for me so I emailed them. We'll see.
Old 01-14-11, 05:41 PM

My copy was sent on Dec. 17th and I just received it today, so hang in there, people. I'm in CT btw.
Old 01-14-11, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSue
My copy was sent on Dec. 17th and I just received it today, so hang in there, people. I'm in CT btw.
Mine was also dispatched on the 17th and still waiting. West Coast for me though. Maybe when I get home.
Not in too much of a rush as I have a stack of unwatched as is.
Old 01-14-11, 10:16 PM

Still waiting here in VA. If I don't get it by Monday, which will be 7 days past the estimated delivery date of the 10th, I'll email them.
Old 01-14-11, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JimJ
Still waiting here in VA. If I don't get it by Monday, which will be 7 days past the estimated delivery date of the 10th, I'll email them.
You may want to wait til Tuesday, because Monday is a federal holiday (MLK Jr. Day).
Old 01-14-11, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by DGibFen
You may want to wait til Tuesday, because Monday is a federal holiday (MLK Jr. Day).
Oh yeah, forgot about that LOL. Tuesday it is then.
Old 01-14-11, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JimJ
Oh yeah, forgot about that LOL. Tuesday it is then.
No worries. I'm in the same boat.
Old 01-15-11, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by vivafriend5
I have the same time-frame. I have not received it and the month wait is going to be up in two days.
I emailed them again on 1/13, they asked me to wait til 1/14. Emailed them again on 1/14, got a response this morning saying they shipped me another one. still no sign of the first shipment.
Old 01-15-11, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by jimbo504
I emailed them again on 1/13, they asked me to wait til 1/14. Emailed them again on 1/14, got a response this morning saying they shipped me another one. still no sign of the first shipment.
Same exact situation, right down to the e-mail. I sent it a little before midnight and have not received a response. Always a waiting game. Nothing in the mail. Same old thing.
Old 01-16-11, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Well I waited 30 days from the dispatched date and still nothing has arrived. So I just sent off a email. Lets see what happens. Might be the last time I order from them.
Old 01-16-11, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I ordered on December 13, and I emailed them today. They're sending me a new one (to a different address). Hopefully this one arrives. Now, my DD order from October...I'm still waiting for them to get back to me.
Old 01-16-11, 01:49 AM

Well, I got a response e-mail from amazon.co.uk. I've been reviewing three boards and the response they gave me is the first one I've heard like it. Wait even longer, thirty-six days, until the eighteenth. It's been over a month, and the first e-mail they sent said they'd handle it on the fifteenth. Very cute. I even responded to the same one.

Last edited by vivafriend5; 01-16-11 at 02:02 AM.
Old 01-16-11, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jwstl
I placed an Amazon UK order on the 28th of November and it shipped on the 29th. When I hadn't received it by the 20th of December I sent them a note. They asked me to wait until the 28th of December (30 days) and if I still hadn't received it to contact them via a link in the the email and they would either refund my money or re-send the order. It arrived on the 28th. I was a bit annoyed that it didn't arrive by Christmas but I assumed that risk when I placed an order from overseas right before the holidays. Factor in the bad weather and it was almost guaranteed to be delayed.
If it's been 3 weeks or so I would contact them now but expect to be asked to wait a little longer. If it's been a month or more I definitely wouldn't wait to contact them.
The problem why its taking long for orders from the end of the november till december boil down to the changes in how the TSA or who ever handles security for packages being deliverd from over seas to the USA, after the incident at the end of november over that Terrorist plot that was uncovered, that resulted in companies no longer being able to use commercial flights to help expedite the shipping process, then factor in the really bad winter storm in the uk followed by the east coast blizard.
they dispatched my copies of some movies I had mailed back on the 10th of december with estimated arrival of december 27th. my movies never arrived i contacted them 3 days latter they asked me to wait till the 5th and that if they didnt arrive they would ship out replacements. 5th came still nothing so they offered me a credit of 10 pounds which i then turn around and used on another movie and placed a replacement order for my items including one that was not presently in stock. TOday not only did my movie i orderd with the credit show up but so did my original order, i contacted them to let them no not to bother shipping the replacements out when the one title gets back into stock.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 01-16-11 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-16-11, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Same exact situation, right down to the e-mail. I sent it a little before midnight and have not received a response. Always a waiting game. Nothing in the mail. Same old thing.
There is a message on their site saying that to expect delays in responses to emails. they must be getting swamped with emails right now, from customers from the delays the mail had encured.
Old 01-16-11, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Well, I got a response e-mail from amazon.co.uk. I've been reviewing three boards and the response they gave me is the first one I've heard like it. Wait even longer, thirty-six days, until the eighteenth. It's been over a month, and the first e-mail they sent said they'd handle it on the fifteenth. Very cute. I even responded to the same one.
I was told also to wait till the eighteenth, which will be 33 days since the order was dispatched.
Old 01-16-11, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is from the website for Royal mail
And helps to explain why some of you have had huge delays in recieving items from the UK, combine that with yet another batch of bad winter weather
Originally Posted by Royal mail international Incident bulletin
USA
Start date: 18th November
End date: Ongoing

Increased security measures delays some mail to USA

Since November 2010, the United States Department of Homeland Security has increased security measures for items carried on passenger airlines. As a result, mail entering the US from around the world, and including the UK, that would normally be sent via passenger aircraft must now travel by other means, including ships and cargo planes.

Most items, including personal letters and cards, will arrive in the US within a few days of posting. The vast majority of Christmas cards and gifts posted prior to the last recommended posting date of 10th December will have arrived in the US in time for Christmas. However, these ongoing security issues, combined with the impact of recent severe weather on the movement of mail throughout the UK, are continuing to cause delays to some items bound for the US. The delays mainly affect heavier items, but also affect other items including Destination Sort bags posted under contract by business customers. We’re really sorry for these unavoidable delays and are doing everything we can to keep mail moving out of and into the UK.

We have implemented a number of contingency plans to ensure as much of our customers’ mail reaches the US as quickly as possible. Handling significantly increased volumes of mail at this festive time along with the complexity of reacting at pace to contingency arrangements, means we’re unable to track individual items for customers or identify exactly when in the current arrival patterns deliveries are likely to take place.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and are continuing to work to minimise disruption to our customers, whilst ensuring we comply fully with the US directives and regulations.
Old 01-16-11, 07:22 PM

Over a month for me, contacted them and they are sending me a new one. I guess we will see if it arrives in another month or so. Usually I have had no problems ordering from them. I hope this is just a one time issue.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.