Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Sound of Music Combo Pack - $13.99 @ Meijer

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-10, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound of Music Combo Pack - $13.99 @ Meijer

For those of you in the midwest, just got back from Meijer and the Sound of Music combo Bluray & DVD is $13.99. Seems like a good deal. Cheapest I've seen is $17.99 @ Amazon.
Old 12-11-10, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Sound of Music Combo Pack - $13.99 @ Meijer

nice price but doesnt beat my 12.56 after taxes I paid for my target digi book version after price matching, coupon, and buying with chitty chitty bang bang.
Old 12-11-10, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
nice price but doesnt beat my 12.56 after taxes I paid for my target digi book version after price matching, coupon, and buying with chitty chitty bang bang.
you win.
Old 12-11-10, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whotony
you win.

+1 Well said.

Last edited by Schloob1; 12-11-10 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-11-10, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
+1 Well said.
Whats the problem. I said its a nice price but pointing out that it has been cheaper.
since the op said he thought it was the lowest it has been.
Old 12-11-10, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

who cares that you paid $1.43 less, has nothing to do with anything.

your post seemed more like "hah hah i got it for less then that."
Old 12-11-10, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Whats the problem. I said its a nice price but pointing out that it has been cheaper.
since the op said he thought it was the lowest it has been.
"but doesnt beat my ..." Sure comes off as more gloating than informative to me as well.

And I thought you have been typically an opponent of "creative math" around here Amity Simple fact the OP is probably right, this is about the lowest it has been. Because he never said anything about having to buy ANOTHER movie to get it at that price. So that's my question to you Amity, how much did your Sound of Music cost "BY ITSELF" if you did not buy Chitty with it? Others around here might have no interest in the other film or already have it.

Thx wildman for posting this, figures just a couple hours before your post I bought it on Amazon with Chitty for the 2 of them at $27.50
Old 12-11-10, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"but doesnt beat my ..." Sure comes off as more gloating than informative to me as well.

And I thought you have been typically an opponent of "creative math" around here Amity Simple fact the OP is probably right, this is about the lowest it has been. Because he never said anything about having to buy ANOTHER movie to get it at that price. So that's my question to you Amity, how much did your Sound of Music cost "BY ITSELF" if you did not buy Chitty with it? Others around here might have no interest in the other film or already have it.

Thx wildman for posting this, figures just a couple hours before your post I bought it on Amazon with Chitty for the 2 of them at $27.50
how is it creative math

I price matched Jons advertised price for the combo at target for 16.99
i had a 3 dollar off coupon for sound of music and along with that cause i bought chitty chitty bang bang at the same time i got an additional 5 dollars off for buying both togeather (meaning 2.50 off som and 2.50 off chitty chitty)

In any case i did state it was a nice price but it has been availble lower. If you want to twist around what i wrote into something else then thats your problem.
have a nice night and Happy Happy holidays
Old 12-12-10, 08:28 AM

Thanks OP! I hit a local Meijer last night and grabbed a copy.
Old 12-12-10, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

how is it creative math

I price matched Jons advertised price for the combo at target for 16.99
i had a 3 dollar off coupon for sound of music and along with that cause i bought chitty chitty bang bang at the same time i got an additional 5 dollars off for buying both togeather (meaning 2.50 off som and 2.50 off chitty chitty)

In any case i did state it was a nice price but it has been availble lower. If you want to twist around what i wrote into something else then thats your problem.
have a nice night and Happy Happy holidays
I said bought "BY ITSELF" as the op is stating in his thread here(no other purchases can be brought into the example to compare). And in that case by your own words here, the price for Sound of Music is the SAME then. You stated a 16.99 pricematch and $3 off coupon bringing it to the same $13.99 price he is stating here. Chitty, if you could not understand what I posted needs to be left out of this discussion altogether.
Old 12-13-10, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I said bought "BY ITSELF" as the op is stating in his thread here(no other purchases can be brought into the example to compare). And in that case by your own words here, the price for Sound of Music is the SAME then. You stated a 16.99 pricematch and $3 off coupon bringing it to the same $13.99 price he is stating here. Chitty, if you could not understand what I posted needs to be left out of this discussion altogether.
Whatever man as long as Iam not rude or disrespectful Iam allowed to post that It could be had for a cheaper price. I said my peace, you said yours. there was no reason for you to continue to stir up something.
Old 12-13-10, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Whatever man as long as Iam not rude or disrespectful Iam allowed to post that It could be had for a cheaper price. I said my peace, you said yours. there was no reason for you to continue to stir up something.
Ok, gotcha. You are allowed to do it, but if myself and a couple others do it in a thread like the Bambi blu that you were a part of it is not alright. In that thread we mentioned it could probably be had for cheaper down the road it was known as threadcrapping/trolling to you.

The old double standard, no problem. Duly noted, the Amity rules of posting to our forum here NOW, I have said my peace as well.
Old 12-14-10, 02:40 AM

Sorry, Amity, but I have to agree with the other posters. You have complained about others using the same methods to say something was cheaper. Besides, can you still get it that price? I doubt it. Plus how many people have a Jons in their area? I've never even heard of it before this thread. Not everyone has a Meijer, either. That's why when I saw someone post about Sound of Music being on sale at Amazon (can't remember which thread or even forum it was in, now, though), I didn't complain that you could get it cheaper at Meijer. I've known about this price for a while, now, but never had the time to post it. I still have my $2 coupon from coupons.com, so I'll be getting it for $11.99+tax. I think that's a great deal, especially because I didn't have to buy something else to get it at that price. I just hope I can find it, though. I guess now that it's getting posted online, it's getting sold out. I didn't have the money when I first saw it, plus I wasn't sure if someone had already got it for me. But I got a little money for my birthday, and made sure no one bought it, yet. Went the other day, and it was already gone. But there are, at least, 2 more Meijers I can go to. I was hoping to price match at Target on the digibook and use a $5 gift card I had from there, but the only way to prove it's at that price is to print off the price drop online, which Target says they won't accept. I guess it would be YMMV if you can find a clerk to do the price match, anyway. BTW, the offer at Meijer is good through 12/26/2010.
Old 12-14-10, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by obidawsn
Sorry, Amity, but I have to agree with the other posters. You have complained about others using the same methods to say something was cheaper. Besides, can you still get it that price? I doubt it. Plus how many people have a Jons in their area? I've never even heard of it before this thread. Not everyone has a Meijer, either. That's why when I saw someone post about Sound of Music being on sale at Amazon (can't remember which thread or even forum it was in, now, though), I didn't complain that you could get it cheaper at Meijer. I've known about this price for a while, now, but never had the time to post it. I still have my $2 coupon from coupons.com, so I'll be getting it for $11.99+tax. I think that's a great deal, especially because I didn't have to buy something else to get it at that price. I just hope I can find it, though. I guess now that it's getting posted online, it's getting sold out. I didn't have the money when I first saw it, plus I wasn't sure if someone had already got it for me. But I got a little money for my birthday, and made sure no one bought it, yet. Went the other day, and it was already gone. But there are, at least, 2 more Meijers I can go to. I was hoping to price match at Target on the digibook and use a $5 gift card I had from there, but the only way to prove it's at that price is to print off the price drop online, which Target says they won't accept. I guess it would be YMMV if you can find a clerk to do the price match, anyway. BTW, the offer at Meijer is good through 12/26/2010.

For the last time i said that it was a nice price, only that I picked up (as many others did iam sure) for a little bit cheaper. re read my original response, Which is still the same unedited response i left orginally. This is not like the bambi thread where certain posters went on record saying that it was not worth it. And bashed the original poster for posting something that they claim wasnt worth it. my post didnt say that, I repeat I said it was a nice price. And it is, and its great for someone who might not have gotten in on the target promo or had the abilty to price match it.

heck if someone is lucky enough to have a meijer near them then they could still get it for about the same price I did, if they used the still active 2.00 off coupon for sound of music ( iam not sure but i think the 3.00 is no longer valid but i could be wrong) which would bring your price down to 11.99 plus tax.

And my post didnt involve creative math, which on the other threads my main argument in those was saying that factoring in a refund on a pre order or trying to deduct a bonus gift card from the price you paid out of pocket.

now if i had tried to include the full 5.00 off that the target promo offered or tried to factor in the 5.00 chitty coupon then yeah that would be but as i stated i only factored in the 2.50 portion of the 5.00 target promo that went toward sound of music.

If you dont agree with me fine, but instead of continueing this pointless bickering just drop it. Again I NEVER SAID THE OP Post wasnt a good deal.
If i had realized that my intial reply was going to lead to this nonsense i would have never even posted it.