Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Sale on Spiderman, Underworld, Ray Harryhausen sets at BN.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-10, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sale on Spiderman, Underworld, Ray Harryhausen sets at BN.com

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
see now that ticks me off, My order has been recieved email says 6:13 pm est time.a hour and half earlier than yours.

B&N is so full of crap, with what they told me. But i guess as long as they follow through with what i was promised by the supervisor of honoring the price for me once its back in stock then It wont matter.

thanks for letting me know though, much appreciated
Out of curiosity, are you a B&N member? I became when with a free 2 month trial when I ordered the set, which gets free expedited shipping. I wonder if memebrs get first dibs?

Jorune
Old 12-12-10, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jorune
Out of curiosity, are you a B&N member? I became when with a free 2 month trial when I ordered the set, which gets free expedited shipping. I wonder if memebrs get first dibs?

Jorune
That would make sense. They shipped out the expedited ones first, then realized they didn't have enough left for the other orders... I'm not saying that is good practice, but it would explain what happened...
Old 12-12-10, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

got an email saying my shipping would be delayed on the Spider-man set 1-5 days yesterday AM.

Yesterday PM got a shipping notice with a tracking #. Pretty glad since this was something I really wanted.

Still waiting for Life DA and Austin Powers which are scheduled to ship Tues. (the 14th). That was my third order for AP -- so here's hoping.

We'll see.
Old 12-12-10, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They canceled my order today, even though I ordered it at 12:31 PST. That's nuts. These guys are getting to be as untrustworthy as they come.
Old 12-12-10, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jorune

Jorune
Yes I am in fact I was the person who posted in the other B&N thread that B&N was offering a free 2 month trial.
In any case I recieved a email today saying my order of spiderman high def trilogy has shipped, even though my account page still shows the item as canceled. Iam very confused now. This company is so freaking screwy.
Have no idea what to expect. All i know is i better be getting a shipping notifcation on my Austin Powers set on tuesday as well.
Old 12-13-10, 01:03 AM

Hate You Barnes and Noble,

Not the first time you've Grinched me by showing In Stock when ordering then cancelling the said items around the holidays (and left me stuck with unwanted filler items that are never out of stock)

"This part of your order has been canceled:

Product Description Quantity
Spider-Man: High Definition Trilogy 1 "
Old 12-13-10, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes I am in fact I was the person who posted in the other B&N thread that B&N was offering a free 2 month trial.
In any case I recieved a email today saying my order of spiderman high def trilogy has shipped, even though my account page still shows the item as canceled. Iam very confused now. This company is so freaking screwy.
Have no idea what to expect. All i know is i better be getting a shipping notifcation on my Austin Powers set on tuesday as well.
lol. I have a shipped email, and a working tracking number yet the site still shows "Item not yet shipped"

Something is wrong with their site lol.
Old 12-14-10, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is funny, so not only did I get a delivery from B&N today I recieved not one but two copies of the spiderman Trilogy inspite of my order still showing as being canceled and the hold being dropped from my debit card.

B&N is really screwed up, I called them up to let them know i recieved two and to inquire about sending back the extra one, my response i got was There is no indication on their part that i ever had one copy let alone 2 copies of the trilogy sent to me as my order shows as canceled so they cant accept it back from me.
what a joke, fine I tried.
So I am going to wait a few weeks make sure that no weird charges appear on my card. and If they dont I will see if someone at work wants them.

Still no shippment of my Austin Powers set though inspite of my order still indicatinig it was scheduled to ship on december 13th.

oh and the spiderman set is back available on b&N for 23.99 availble to ship in 2-3 weeks.
Old 12-14-10, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

This is funny, so not only did I get a delivery from B&N today I recieved not one but two copies of the spiderman Trilogy inspite of my order still showing as being canceled and the hold being dropped from my debit card.

B&N is really screwed up, I called them up to let them know i recieved two and to inquire about sending back the extra one, my response i got was There is no indication on their part that i ever had one copy let alone 2 copies of the trilogy sent to me as my order shows as canceled so they cant accept it back from me.
what a joke, fine I tried.
So I am going to wait a few weeks make sure that no weird charges appear on my card. and If they dont I will see if someone at work wants them.

Still no shippment of my Austin Powers set though inspite of my order still indicatinig it was scheduled to ship on december 13th.

oh and the spiderman set is back available on b&N for 23.99 availble to ship in 2-3 weeks.
You could send the second copy to me since my order was cancelled too, lol. I would pay for shipping
Old 12-14-10, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the tip, AmityBoatTours that the Spidey trilogy is back up with delayed shipping. I will pick one up with the trial membership.
Old 12-14-10, 09:50 AM

Thanks for the head's up. Was bummed I missed this the other day but I just placed an order for 1. I don't mind waiting a few weeks...........as long as the order doesn't get cancelled.
Old 12-14-10, 09:52 AM

Used the 2 month trial for free expedited shipping and the $5 coupon to get Spiderman for $20.42

I can wait a few weeks for shipping. I'm still waiting for my Mummy trilogy from Amazon...
Old 12-14-10, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mine arrived in the city today but they aren't going to deliver until tomorrow. I hate ups sometimes lol
Old 12-14-10, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll be shocked if they don't cancel these, but I just ordered. I was checking it every Monday through yesterday, but after most coupons expired last night, I didn't bother checking this morning. But I did see there are a few new coupons, like RETAILBN
Old 12-14-10, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lemmy
I guarantee you that, since others in this thread have already gotten theirs, that I WILL get mine, too. 60% off is enough for me to go apeshit on them if they cancel, to the point where I can guarantee you that I will have my copy for $23.99.
I've tried going apeshit on them twice in the past for orders they canceled, but they don't budge. BN.com customer service is the worst in the world. I even had a local B&N store call them to try to resolve one issue, but bn.com still wouldn't budge. I even canceled my membership with them right on the spot, since it happened to be expiring a few days later. They didn't care. They truly suck. I guarantee that you will lose any battles you have with them...
Old 12-14-10, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I've tried going apeshit on them twice in the past for orders they canceled, but they don't budge. BN.com customer service is the worst in the world. I even had a local B&N store call them to try to resolve one issue, but bn.com still wouldn't budge. I even canceled my membership with them right on the spot, since it happened to be expiring a few days later. They didn't care. They truly suck. I guarantee that you will lose any battles you have with them...
read what i wrote earlier in the thread, the main thing is you shouldnt shout and scream at them. infact yelling and screaming at a csr on the phone could backfire on you as they can report you to the phone company for being verbally abusive and get your phone account canceled. ( i know someone this actually happened to when they got in a screaming match with LADWP csr over a payment not posting to their account)

If the csr wont help then ask to speak to a supervisor but keep calm show a bit of anger in your voice but dont be rude or obnoxious to them, if they say it will be a wait, tell them thats fine. The supervisor should go ahead offer to note your account to honor the price when its availble to order again or you can ask and they should approve it.

let them know that you are aware that this is something they have been doing to alot of customers lately, and mention that you are angry that they place a hold on your money( so you cant have access to it) that still is there a few days after its canceled. And that you have no problem with contacting the local office of you states attorney generals office, to report them, and look into any legal action you can take since it involves your money being placed onhold
the main thing is to not be rude or scream no matter how frustrating the circles they make you jump through are.

But then again who knows maybe your spiderman will still show up on your doorstep anyways like the two that showed up on mine inspite of my 1 copy still being listed as canceled.

stupid company definately not one i plan on doing buisness with in the future for now.
Old 12-14-10, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received my spiderman today. 1 day ahead of the ups schedule.
Old 12-14-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got Life, spiderman & Underworld box set today. Still waiting for Ray Harryhausen set ')
Old 12-14-10, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Complained about them canceling my Spiderman, though I KNEW they were shipping them out to people that had ordered it AFTER me, and they didn't care.
Old 01-03-11, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spiderman has raised to $29.99 but they are having a B2G1F Sale right now and these are part of the deal.
Don't know for how long...
Old 01-04-11, 06:41 AM
Banned

By the way, I never posted, but mine arrived just a day or two before Christmas, no "going apeshit on their asses" required.

Thanks to the OP for the heads-up on the deal.