Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Sale on Spiderman, Underworld, Ray Harryhausen sets at BN.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-10, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sale on Spiderman, Underworld, Ray Harryhausen sets at BN.com

I ordered a spider-man set for $20.49 shipped. I hope it doesn't get canceled.
Old 12-10-10, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

By the way, spiderman is back in stock at 23.99
Old 12-10-10, 05:30 AM

Fail out of stock again
Old 12-10-10, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
Those emails dont mean anything, they can still cancel as many of us on the other BN thread can confirm. Its 50/50 until you get the shipped email
I'm not sure on others situation, but I bought both Austin powers trilogy and Ocean's at the low price. Only Ocean's was cancelled. And the reason it was cancelled is because, while ALL the B&N emails went into my inbox, the one email they sent stating that they would cancel the order unless I notified them that I would wait, went straight to the spam box (you have 24hrs. to notify). So it 'seems' they have a policy to allow you to wait until the item is in stock, you just have to notify that you will wait for it when they send you that email.

EDIT: I signed up for 2-month free membership to get free expedited shipping (1-3 days) and to use the 20% coupon. My order is scheduled to ship today and I am currently unable to alter or cancel it. In a few hours I hope to say it's in the mail. Great price.

Jorune

Last edited by Jorune; 12-10-10 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-10-10, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well of course the Harryhausen set goes on sale right after I get it from amazon marketplace for $44. Using the 20% coupon to get it for around $29 + tax would have been nice. But I had GC credit at amazon, so I didn't have to go out of pocket for it. Great deal though.
Old 12-10-10, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jorune
I'm not sure on others situation, but I bought both Austin powers trilogy and Ocean's at the low price. Only Ocean's was cancelled. And the reason it was cancelled is because, while ALL the B&N emails went into my inbox, the one email they sent stating that they would cancel the order unless I notified them that I would wait, went straight to the spam box (you have 24hrs. to notify). So it 'seems' they have a policy to allow you to wait until the item is in stock, you just have to notify that you will wait for it when they send you that email.

EDIT: I signed up for 2-month free membership to get free expedited shipping (1-3 days) and to use the 20% coupon. My order is scheduled to ship today and I am currently unable to alter or cancel it. In a few hours I hope to say it's in the mail. Great price.

Jorune
Mine said the same thing and guess what it still didnt ship today either.
Old 12-11-10, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well just got two cancelation notices that my one copy of the spiderman trilogy i ordered has been canceled.

UPDATE
I just got off the phone with a csr who gave me a run around, I asked to be transfered to a supervisor, the csr tried telling me that they are " really busy" i said i dont care, I want to speak to a supervisor.
she placed me on hold came back a min latter asking me to continue holding. then came back 30seconds latter saying that it was going to be a hour or more before they could get to me so i should email them instead.
I said no I dont care I will wait, i want to talk to a supervisor. 30 seconds latter, iam told shes transfering the call. I was again given a run around on this by the supervisor and repeated my complaints about the fact that it showed instock when i placed the order, and after i recieved the email stating that it was scheduled to be shipped december 14th. and just now i recieve a cancel notice with out being given the option to wait, and that the fact that they placed a hold on my debit card making me unable to have access to my money even though they claim to be out of stock at the time my order was processed is reason for me to contact the Ca state attorney generals office. The call finally ended with her telling me that when it comes back into stock to contact them again and that there will be a note on order, it to adjust the price to the 20.24 price that i originally orderd for. and that i need to reference the original order number. cross my fingers we will see.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 12-11-10 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-11-10, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

well just got two cancelation notices that my one copy of the spiderman trilogy i ordered has been canceled.
Same here, I also got 2 notices.
Old 12-11-10, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Same here, I also got 2 notices.
Give them a call , and explain how it was in stock when you orderd and that you are upset that they placed a hold on your funds which you are not able to access for now. and that you know that there are lots of customers who have had similar experiences since there low prices on the bd sets around black friday, of having the orders canceled. And mention that you are willing to contact the local office of your states state attorney general to file a complaint, and take action. if that gives you no result then ask to talk to a supervisor.dont let them talk you down from talking to a supervisor, with the it will be a long wait excuse. or trying to brush you off to sending a email response to them. trust me my "long wait" was a grand total of only a few mins. when you get through to a supervisor repeat what you said to the csr and If they dont offer to make a note on your order to honor the price then ask them if they can do it as well.

now iam not sure how all the supervisors are so iam not sure of the respnse you will get. but if they agreed to do it for me, then I think you should be able to have some luck as well.

main thing dont get obnoxious or yelling or screaming at them. just politely and calmly explain your frustration, witha tiny bit of anger in your voice(but again being sure not to yell or scream or be rude or obnoxious to who your talking to)
Old 12-11-10, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Never be rude, that is the cardinal rule. From working in CS I will be more willing to work with you if you aren't yelling at me. You can show frustration without getting loud or rude. I get it all the time at my job, and I understand frustration. I do not understand the need to insult someone you do not know who is not directly responsible for you being upset. Good luck I got my shipping notice and tracking number though
Old 12-11-10, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Never be rude, that is the cardinal rule. From working in CS I will be more willing to work with you if you aren't yelling at me. You can show frustration without getting loud or rude. I get it all the time at my job, and I understand frustration. I do not understand the need to insult someone you do not know who is not directly responsible for you being upset. Good luck I got my shipping notice and tracking number though
you are right and thats exactly why i emphasized that, when suggesting it to him.
I plan on checking the site every day to see if it goes back in stock then calling to place the order and get the sale price as i was promised.

glad to see atleast someone got this shipped out.
Iam still waiting for my ap set to be shipped that i orderd on the 21st that shows a 12-13 ship date as well.
Old 12-11-10, 09:15 PM

Well that was strange, first I get a your order will be delayed 1 to 5 days email and then got a shipping notice a few hours later.
Old 12-11-10, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by movieman35
Well that was strange, first I get a your order will be delayed 1 to 5 days email and then got a shipping notice a few hours later.
Same thing here, and by shipping notice I mean I received my UPS tracking number for the Spiderman set.

Jorune
Old 12-11-10, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Same thing here, and by shipping notice I mean I received my UPS tracking number for the Spiderman set.

Jorune
Out of curiosity what time on the 9th did you place your order
Old 12-11-10, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jorune
Movieman and journe
Out of curiosity what time on the 9th did you place your order?
Old 12-11-10, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spiderman trilogy arrived today. Next day air too. Not bad.
Old 12-11-10, 10:21 PM

Movieman and journe
According to the "order has been received" email, 10:30 pm, EST.

Jorune
Old 12-11-10, 10:21 PM

Movieman and journe
About 5 pm
Old 12-11-10, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my shipping notice. I'd be pissed if i hadn't and others had. I placed mine around 4:30pm and hesitated about posting the deal because I knew it would sell good but I said what the hell. Had to help my fellow DVDtalkers spend more money!
Old 12-11-10, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

According to the "order has been received" email, 10:30 pm, EST.

Jorune
see now that ticks me off, My order has been recieved email says 6:13 pm est time.a hour and half earlier than yours.

B&N is so full of crap, with what they told me. But i guess as long as they follow through with what i was promised by the supervisor of honoring the price for me once its back in stock then It wont matter.

thanks for letting me know though, much appreciated
Old 12-11-10, 10:42 PM

I got emails saying Spider-man and Underworld will be delayed.
Old 12-11-10, 11:39 PM

I received two cancellation notices on my Spider-man trilogy today. I also have not received my Austin Powers set but its not due to ship until the 14th. Spider-man was something I would of liked to own but I'm not that upset over it being canceled. They still have the hold on my account for spider-man though which is annoying.
Old 12-11-10, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dugnarug
I received two cancellation notices on my Spider-man trilogy today. I also have not received my Austin Powers set but its not due to ship until the 14th. Spider-man was something I would of liked to own but I'm not that upset over it being canceled. They still have the hold on my account for spider-man though which is annoying.
that hold is exactly what my the main part of my complaint i kept bringing up when they offered to note on my canceled order that when it comes back into stock to honor the price.

Its worth a try for you, who knows if they will keep their word once it shows back in stock but it doesnt hurt for you to give them a call.
Old 12-12-10, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bigjim25
I got my shipping notice. I'd be pissed if i hadn't and others had. I placed mine around 4:30pm
I placed mine at 14:31:34 PST according to the time stamp on my paypal payment.
Old 12-12-10, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Also if you recieved a cancel email but never recieved a delay email from them, and you call dont forget to mention they broke their policy for what they do if they go out of stock on a item you ordered.
<HR SIZE=1>
<HR SIZE=1> What happens if an item in my order is out of stock?

Sometimes items in your order may fall out of stock. If any item in your order is out of stock at the time it was originally estimated to ship, you will receive an email notifying you of a delay. We will continue trying to fulfill your order as quickly as possible. If the order is still out of stock 30 days after the first email is sent, you will be asked to approve a 30-Day Order Extension. If you do not approve the extension, this part of your order will be canceled within 24 hours.

If you have pre-ordered an item and it is not in stock at the announced release date, you will be asked to approve a 30-Day Order Extension. If you do not approve the extension, this part of your order will be canceled within 24 hours.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.