Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Shrek the Whole Story Quadrilogy Blu-ray Boxset - $30.36 + FS @ DeepDiscount

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-10, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Shrek the Whole Story Quadrilogy Blu-ray Boxset - $30.36 + FS @ DeepDiscount

I still haven't gotten one yet

Still shows open on the site. Oh well, if I don't get it then no big deal. I am 3/3 for BN with Life for 15, austin powers for 10 and Spiderman trilogy for 20, so I still did alright.
Old 12-15-10, 08:37 PM

Re: Shrek the Whole Story Quadrilogy Blu-ray Boxset - $30.36 + FS @ DeepDiscount

I just got an email notice saying that my order of the shrek collection has shipped. Hmm, I didn't expect that to happen. I used BillMeLater to pay. I also attempted to cancel my order at one point but I never got a reply so I guess it didn't go through. We'll see if it shows up.
Old 12-15-10, 08:59 PM
Cool New Member

Just got my shipping notice as well. Fingers crossed...
Old 12-15-10, 09:34 PM

I cancelled my order... but for some reason, I got a shipping confirmation.... so I guess i win?

*shrug*

If it shows up awesome.... if not, then I"m not too bothered. Either way, I'm through with Deep Discount.
Old 12-15-10, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No shipping notice for me yet.
Old 12-15-10, 11:40 PM

just got my shipping notice here... hoping to be able to return the one i got from best buy as a backup... talking case... bleh.
Old 12-16-10, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
me too

I'm stunned

now I'll really be surprised if I even get a BOGO free BD that I ordered in August
Got my shipment notice today also, yay, now to get my BOGO from august fulfilled.
Old 12-16-10, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shipped!
Old 12-16-10, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finally got shipping notice, yaay
Old 12-16-10, 09:02 AM

Got my shipping notice this morning. Patience may have been worth it.
Old 12-16-10, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't get a notice - but checked my google checkout status and it says "shipped". DD takes a lot of crap from here (and deservedly so, don't get me wrong), but they came through this time, so props for that.
Old 12-16-10, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdragon
I finally got shipping notice, yaay
Ditto! DD comes through, finally... Now if only they'd ship me two Sept. 4 orders... They did ship ONE of them recently, to my surprise...
Old 12-16-10, 10:47 AM

I paid with my VISA Check Card. Canceled the order and received confirmation email of cancellation. Received "shipped" email today.

In this case... I WIN! I had regretted canceling the order.
Old 12-16-10, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Daryl
I didn't get a notice - but checked my google checkout status and it says "shipped". DD takes a lot of crap from here (and deservedly so, don't get me wrong), but they came through this time, so props for that.
I agree, the fact that they shipped is kudos for them. I will still use them, just not for things that are time sensitive because it takes them a looooong time to ship
Old 12-16-10, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
I agree, the fact that they shipped is kudos for them. I will still use them, just not for things that are time sensitive because it takes them a looooong time to ship
It's been that way with DD all the way back to the DDD days.

I have ordered tons of stuff from them over the last 10 years and while slow they always have come through.

It's funny when people order and then try to cancel two days later because it isn't in their mail box. Then rant and rave about how they will NEVER shop there again. The next big deal that comes along with them they will silently place the order and start the process all over again.

If you are the type with no patience and expect everything to be delivered in two days then sign up for Amazon Prime and saver yourself the frustration.

I have Prime and use it a lot. I also use DD when they have deals like this where they were 25% less than Amazon.

Also if you haven't figured out they are slow and there is no cancelling an order with DD then you haven't been paying attention over the last 10 years.
Old 12-16-10, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yay. Finally got my shipping notice.
Old 12-16-10, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nugent
Clearly She didn't know WTF she was talking about.
Nope, she certainly did not. I should have known better than to think that anyone working there had a freakin' clue. I am very ticked off about this.

So, I did something I should know better than to do.

I called them back and spoke to the same woman. I explained what happened, and she replaced my order for the same $30.36 price and she said she it comes back in stock I would still get it. That is fine and dandy if that ever actually happens.

She told me that they had 89 orders placed for this set and their supplier only sent them 17 copies of it. But like before, you likely can't believe that either.

And I never expected this to show up in a few days, I know better. The only reason I canceled in the first place is because I was told they didn't get it in stock, and never would be able to ship it if I kept the order with them. The fact they removed it off the site seemed like enough proof for me. I wasn't going to let $30 be on hold in my account through GoogleCheckout waiting for this to ship, God knows when.

The only reason to buy from this awful, dying company is when it is something you don't need anytime soon, and wouldn't be tempted to buy it elsewhere. Just place an order, and play wait and see if they ever decide to ship it out or not.

I'll keep this new order for this set, half just but the second I hear that it may be going OOP I'm ordering elsewhere.

Last edited by Brent L; 12-16-10 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-16-10, 01:55 PM

@nugent.. im tired of all the whiners 2. Who cancels within a week of an order regardless???? There were and still..many quads listing as 39.99 at many retailers. I smh every time i hear the faint of heart...gasp, choke & cancel! SERIOUSLY, its like the stock market panic & bailing/selling off stock craze. I believe we will always hear whining from a certain few anyway or for whatever reason. I actually forgot about this order because i have bought over 100 blus since 10/25 and all are unopened. Its all about the bargain & that takes patience and luv of all things A/Video.
Old 12-16-10, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Mine is on the way. I had already ordered this from Amazon so I will likely use this copy as trade bait or a gift if it arrives before the end of the century.
Old 12-16-10, 04:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L

She told me that they had 89 orders placed for this set and their supplier only sent them 17 copies of it.
Doesn't sound like this lady has a clue what's going on. I imagine at least 89 people on this board ordered this not even factoring in that I'm sure other people than DVDTalkers purchase items from them.
Old 12-16-10, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
Doesn't sound like this lady has a clue what's going on. I imagine at least 89 people on this board ordered this not even factoring in that I'm sure other people than DVDTalkers purchase items from them.
This was posted on SD.. This is probably into the thousands

I hope we don't all get dvd's. I have a feeling if we do their server is going to mysteriously be hit with a ddos the way the people on SD are lol
Old 12-16-10, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
Don't be so hard on this lady. CLEARLY she meant 89 orders within' the first 15 minutes of this deal going live!

As noted this was widely posted and hyped on SD, FW, Blu-ray.com and others I am sure. I would say a few thousand would be more realistic.

As far as them getting in "17" copies I would say she pulled that number out of the same thin air as she got the "89" orders number.

Since there were exactly ZERO reports of any orders being shipped prior to the shipping notices that started rolling out yesterday my guess is they received none the initial week of release.

It has been widely reported that DD was in financial trouble prior to being recently bought out. Non shipment of orders during the fall months was a direct result of them being "cut off" by their suppliers.

"My" guess is they simply finally got their bills paid up with their suppliers and finally acquired their product to ship.
Old 12-16-10, 05:46 PM

got my shipping notice also.... now just waiting on someone to post that they actually got it and make sure they aren't sending us the dvd version
Old 12-16-10, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got the order confirmation for it that the moron I talked to set up for me, so at least she did in fact know how to do that. I don't know what her deal is, but everything I have posted is exactly what she has said. I don't know where she is getting her information unless she actually is making it all up.
Old 12-17-10, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by HOSALE
Bump, for all the readers that are tempted by DD deals only to slowly twist in the wind. Put these guys on ice for a couple of months until they fix things or die.

Double bump, for all those DD apologists that think everything is ok, and keep on ordering from these guys, thus keeping them in business.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.