Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Apocalypse Now (Full Disclosure Edition) Lightning Deal! $29.99!! Come and Gone!!!

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Apocalypse Now (Full Disclosure Edition) Lightning Deal! $29.99!! Come and Gone!!!

Old 11-25-10, 08:12 PM

I can't believe no one caught this! I literally saw it myself with only 5 minutes left! I suppose everyone was too busy getting stuffed to notice...

Old 11-25-10, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Apocalypse Now (Full Disclosure Edition) Lightning Deal! $29.99!! Come and Gone!!

Originally Posted by bobertkay99 View Post
I can't believe no one caught this! I literally saw it myself with only 5 minutes left! I suppose everyone was too busy getting stuffed to notice...

It's in the Amazon thread man.
Old 11-25-10, 08:24 PM

Re: Apocalypse Now (Full Disclosure Edition) Lightning Deal! $29.99!! Come and Gone!!

My bad. Didn't think to look in there...
Old 11-25-10, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Happens ...
Old 11-25-10, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not enough of a deal. I don't even pay $30 for Criterions.
Old 11-26-10, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post
Not enough of a deal. I don't even pay $30 for Criterions.
dito
Old 11-26-10, 03:42 AM

do you think it'll go lower than $30 within a year? it has a pretty high price due to the even higher msrp. maybe because hearts of darkness is included?
Old 11-26-10, 07:11 AM

It's worth 30.00, IMO. Yeah, would have been nice to have it dropped to 20.00 and maybe it will, anything is possible, although I doubt it. Here's the thing...Not only do you get the original and the Redux on Bluray, you also get Hearts of Darkness, which is in my opinion one of the best docs ever made. Add in the plethora of features, and the book and It's much more than just a nice edition of the movie. Certainly, it bests many of the criterion titles I've been buying lately (I don't pay 30.00 for Criterions either (except for The Thin Red Line). I guess it's just perspective. I see this set as akin to buying the Back to the Future set or Alien Anthology. Yes, it's two versions of the same film and a documentary about the making of that film, but that's how I see it. Now, just Apocalypse Now bluray for 30.00, no way in hell. Even a two disc with Redux, no. But this set, I think it's worth 30. Btw, I cringe at paying more than 10.00 for a Bluray these days.