Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-11, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts
re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by ericmylad
1. Why did it take 4 days to determine it's OOS if orders usually ship within 2?

2. Why does the website currently still list the item in stock?
1. If an item is out of stock, they will wait a week in an attempt to procure the item to send to you. It sucks having to wait, but quite a few times I have received a shipping notice on the 6th or 7th day.

2. The website is not real time inventory. They do not have one central shipping location. Instead, this is a list of inventory for their stores. From my personal observations, I believe they do a nightly update. They also seem to update the website when an item sells out online, but there is a bit of a delay. If an item sells in store, it doesn't get removed until the nightly update. However, I have noticed several cases where an item shows up during the day as "out of stock" but you are able to place it in your cart and purchase it. I think that they also update the website as people sell them items, it just won't show as "in stock" until the nightly update.
Old 07-29-11, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the 1934 TREASURE ISLAND for $6.00. Two days later I got a cancellation notice for it. GoHastings is currently selling the same movie for $19.00 via the Amazon Marketplace. Hmm, I wonder why they canceled my order?
Old 07-29-11, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They seem to be a shady place. I remember I ordered something through Amazon from Go Hastings. They sent me the wrong movie, so instead of actually sending me the one I ordered they refunded my money and just told me to keep the other one free of charge. I just felt like saying no, how about you just send the damn movie that I ordered and paid for in the first damn place!
Old 07-29-11, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MovieFanatic81
They seem to be a shady place. I remember I ordered something through Amazon from Go Hastings. They sent me the wrong movie, so instead of actually sending me the one I ordered they refunded my money and just told me to keep the other one free of charge. I just felt like saying no, how about you just send the damn movie that I ordered and paid for in the first damn place!
They aren't shady; they're just careless.
Old 07-29-11, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think they're shady as much as disorganized. They also have a really crappy system, and the employees aren't that motivated to pay attention when fulfilling online orders. I've had many occassions where I ordered a hardback, which said it was a hardback on the system, only to find a paperback in the mail. Or where it specified a special disc only to be sent a regular version. The worst is when the system doesn't bother to specify a version. In those cases it's a 99% probability you'll get the wrong thing and, as such, I tend to avoid ordering things that share names. Sleuth, for instance. Even if you order the old version you'll only end up getting the remake.
Old 07-29-11, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by izatright
I don't think they're shady as much as disorganized. They also have a really crappy system, and the employees aren't that motivated to pay attention when fulfilling online orders. I've had many occassions where I ordered a hardback, which said it was a hardback on the system, only to find a paperback in the mail. Or where it specified a special disc only to be sent a regular version. The worst is when the system doesn't bother to specify a version. In those cases it's a 99% probability you'll get the wrong thing and, as such, I tend to avoid ordering things that share names. Sleuth, for instance. Even if you order the old version you'll only end up getting the remake.
That's what happen to me! I ordered the 2 Disc Version of the Original Hills Have Eyes and was sent the 2006 remake. Now if i didn't already have the remake I didn't care. But even when the paper that comes with your order and it says on there what you ordered, then look what they shipped. I'm like huh? And the cover for the dvd they sent out wasn't even the real cover. It looked like it was printed from a printer. But yet they had the regular dvd in it. What's with that cheapassness there?
Old 07-30-11, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's what happen to me! I ordered the 2 Disc Version of the Original Hills Have Eyes and was sent the 2006 remake... And the cover for the dvd they sent out wasn't even the real cover. It looked like it was printed from a printer. But yet they had the regular dvd in it. What's with that cheapassness there?
It'd be amusing if it wasn't so irritating. I actually sent a snail mail letter of complaint to the president (of their company). So far no response. Not even a form one. :/ If I didn't get at least 60% of the good deals I purchased, I'd be done with this company.
Old 07-30-11, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ordered a spaghetti western called MAN FROM OKLAHOMA from a listing that had the correct DVD pictured and the correct UPC, which I crossed checked with Amazon, but was still sent a public domain Roy Rogers western with the same title.

There are deals to be had, but at some point you have to question the amount of time it takes to browse their decade old search system and then how much potential stress, frustration and disappointment you may feel when what your order is canceled outright or turns out to be the wrong item.
Old 07-30-11, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I guess overall I have been lucky. My main gripe has been the occasional case that does not properly close or be cracked. Other than that I have definitely had my shares of cancellations but the issue there is the system they use. One has to realize that especially with used items is they just have so many of an item, and then since used it is not like they can simply just order more. I know of a couple times where it has been most likely that myself or fellow member here have beaten out the other for a copy of certain used items I will continue to put up with it as I have gotten some pretty sweet deals to say the least and in some cases a "steal" even. One time instead of having it cancelled they for some reason sent me a brand new copy of the Pacific. Was able to score that for only $23 so very happy indeed.
Old 07-30-11, 09:03 PM

I got a few emails saying all my orders had been sent out. And even received one of them today in the mail. Weirdly it was the last one they sent out and it arrived first. The others should be following either Monday or Tuesday.
Old 07-31-11, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got a few emails saying all my orders had been sent out. And even received one of them today in the mail. Weirdly it was the last one they sent out and it arrived first. The others should be following either Monday or Tuesday.
It could be because of where it got sent out from. Need to remember these are going out from different locations typically. Look on the shipping label and see the "shipped from" zip code. They have the generic Texas(I recall) headquarter adress on the label but there should be a seperate "shipped from" zip code on there as well.
Old 08-01-11, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has there been a free shipping coupon code recently? I want to get a few cheap items.
Old 08-01-11, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen
Has there been a free shipping coupon code recently? I want to get a few cheap items.
Nope, it's been at least a couple months since now but for sure if there is one it will be mentioned in this thread so keep watching. Also if you have not, like them on Facebook and make sure you sign up for their e-mails to be told of such deals.
Old 08-01-11, 11:16 AM

I got a coupons for to mix and match stuff and the third item would be a dollar. But still if you even buy dvds or whatever for a dollar, you'd still be paying close to 6 dollars or more in shipping. So it be only really worth it if you really wanna get certain things.
Old 08-07-11, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

3 selected used or PV blus for $21.

Code: BLACKJACK

http://www.gohastings.com/department/MOVIE.uts
Old 08-07-11, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

This will probably blow up gohastings site once I post this.. but the sale movielib posted works on the bigger sets as well... I had the 7disc Star Trek set in my cart... and as I was checking out... it became out of stock.. but was able to snag... LotR Extended trilogy... and some others... let's see if they actually ship.. btw.. use the link provided by movielib... then change sort to be High to Low... and you can see all the sets that are part of this sale... unreal....
Old 08-07-11, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks! Good catch, hope some go through. Tried X-Men Trilogy, Planet Earth, and The Incredibles
Old 08-07-11, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by b2net
This will probably blow up gohastings site once I post this.. but the sale movielib posted works on the bigger sets as well... I had the 7disc Star Trek set in my cart... and as I was checking out... it became out of stock.. but was able to snag... LotR Extended trilogy... and some others... let's see if they actually ship.. btw.. use the link provided by movielib... then change sort to be High to Low... and you can see all the sets that are part of this sale... unreal....
Sorry, it was me but at least you got LOTR Ex, I had to settle for the old ones. I hope they go through but I'm not counting on them. (I was right, some have got cancelled)
Spoiler:
Take Me Home Tonight Used - Blu-ray $7.00
Arthur Used - Blu-ray $7.00
Sucker Punch Used - Blu-ray
Total:$27.84

Band of Brothers Used - Blu-ray $7.00 (CANCELLED)
Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection Used - Blu-ray $7.00 (CANCELLED)
Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Used - Blu-ray $7.00 (CANCELLED)

X-Men Trilogy Pack Used - Blu-ray $7.00 (CANCELLED)
True Blood: The Complete First Season Used - Blu-ray $7.00
Red Riding Hood Used - Blu-ray $7.00

South Park: The Complete Fourteenth Season Used - Blu-ray $7.00
Hung: The Complete First Season Used - Blu-ray $7.00
I Am Number Four Used - Blu-ray $7.00

The Mechanic Used - Blu-ray $7.00
Unknown Used - Blu-ray $7.00
Rango Used - Blu-ray $7.00

Last edited by bigjim25; 08-07-11 at 10:08 AM. Reason: (CANCELLATIONS)
Old 08-07-11, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got:

Source Code
Limitness
Sucker Punch

Unknown
Red Riding Hood
Season of the Witch
Old 08-07-11, 11:48 AM

Does anybody know how Hastings handles the billing when they cancel just one item from a 3 for 21 sale. I placed two orders and received two cancellations.

Quantity: 1, John Adams Used - Blu-ray $7.00 Discount: 1 for $7.00 each -CANCELLED
Quantity: 1, Office: Season Six Used - Blu-ray $7.00 Discount: 1 for $7.00 each
Quantity: 1, Entourage: The Complete Sixth Season Used - Blu-ray $7.00 Discount: 1 for $7.00 each

Quantity: 1, Godfather Collection Used - Blu-ray $7.00 Discount: 1 for $7.00 each - CANCELLED
Quantity: 1, The Incredibles Used - Blu-ray $7.00 Discount: 1 for $7.00 each
Quantity: 1, Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5 Used - Blu-ray $7.00 Discount: 1 for $7.00 each
Old 08-07-11, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by jreedbritt
Does anybody know how Hastings handles the billing when they cancel just one item from a 3 for 21 sale. I placed two orders and received two cancellations.

Quantity: 1, John Adams Used - Blu-ray $7.00 Discount: 1 for $7.00 each -CANCELLED
Quantity: 1, Office: Season Six Used - Blu-ray $7.00 Discount: 1 for $7.00 each
Quantity: 1, Entourage: The Complete Sixth Season Used - Blu-ray $7.00 Discount: 1 for $7.00 each

Quantity: 1, Godfather Collection Used - Blu-ray $7.00 Discount: 1 for $7.00 each - CANCELLED
Quantity: 1, The Incredibles Used - Blu-ray $7.00 Discount: 1 for $7.00 each
Quantity: 1, Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5 Used - Blu-ray $7.00 Discount: 1 for $7.00 each
You should get the other ones for $7.00 each.
Old 08-07-11, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by b2net
I should have said I saw it on blu-ray.com. Credit to cinemaphile.

I did sort high to low but I had everything I wanted from the sets except some that were already out of stock.
Old 08-07-11, 05:35 PM

Is it 3 for 21 on all blu rays? But the sucky part about this is you have to pay close to 10 bucks in shipping. So its really 3 for 30. But if its any blu ray 3 for 21 I guess thats still a good deal then.
Old 08-07-11, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, shipping kinda sorta killed it for me. It was still a pretty good deal for the three Blus I wanted, but something about seeing that shipping charge made me say fuck it. I get like that sometimes and it means I'm just not in the mood to buy.
Old 08-07-11, 06:01 PM

Yeah, but like i said, if you can get a blu ray they are selling for like 19.99 for 10 dollars I say that's still kinda a good deal. but shipping for the most part on alot of these sites are buzz killers. Wish they combine shipping charges like some places that do.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.