Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-11, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

DVDME gives $5 off a $15 or more order of Used DVDs.... and I know this is in the Blu-Ray forum... but found out that as long as you have 1 Used DVD in your cart ($0.89 even), the $5 will come off the the total order.... Enjoy.
Old 04-13-11, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Anyone here get a 30% off coupon in email? My friend did. It's a one-time use code, though. He hasn't placed an order in a long time, so perhaps that is why... Just curious if anyone else got it.
Yes, I got one. I ordered these for $80.95 shipped (price is after discount):
Spoiler:

In Pursuit of Honor [DVD] $3.78 (for my uncle)
Eight Below [Blu-ray] $4.81 (for my cousin)
Simpsons: The Thirteenth Season [Blu-ray] $15.45
Vampire Diaries: The Complete [Blu-ray] $13.10
Robocop Trilogy [3 Discs] [Blu-ray] $12.62 (works out to less than $5 a movie which is what I wanted to pay for the 2 and 3rd one)
The Secretariat [2 Discs] [Blu-ray/DVD] $8.01 (actually had a working rewards code)
I Spit on Your Grave (2010) [Blu-ray] $7.22

Originally Posted by b2net
DVDME gives $5 off a $15 or more order of Used DVDs.... and I know this is in the Blu-Ray forum... but found out that as long as you have 1 Used DVD in your cart ($0.89 even), the $5 will come off the the total order.... Enjoy.
I discovered this earlier and was going to post it.
Old 04-13-11, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Posted on Facebook, will have to see what this is all about in the morning.

"Because our Facebook fans are THE BEST FANS EVER, we've decided to release the Friday & Saturday 2 Day Sale offers a day early just for you! Check back tomorrow morning for sale details and promo code!"
Old 04-13-11, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It will either be 20-30% off dvds/10-20% off blus or a B2G1 for $1.
Old 04-14-11, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found a tron 20th anniversary used on www.gohastings.com . Also found some oop dvds. Musicals, o well.
Old 04-14-11, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the tip. Managed to even find a title for $0.89 that I wanted (Clerks: Animated Series) then went w/Laugh it Up Fuzzball for a grand total of $16.62.

Not a bad price to pay for some laughs.
Old 04-14-11, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The code is FBSPECIAL for 20% off used Blu's. Not too bad if you of course have some more expensive titles you have been wanting.

Picked up Bridge on the River Kwai and Laugh it Up Fuzzball for $26.80 after shipping.
Old 04-14-11, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Not a bad coupon, but damn the shipping as always. I have 5 movies in my cart at $3.93. But $11.40 in shipping
Old 04-14-11, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yep, unless it is a combo sale the shipping will still make it not worth it to me to get titles that are say $10 or less on % off sales. Since that essentially just makes it a free shipping deal. I am so tempted to get The Pacific for $35.99 before the discount but I can easily see this being a Black Friday deal for less and can wiat until then.

Otherwise if it is a free shipping deal is when I like to get the titles that are say in the $4-7 range which I have quite a few of in my wishlist right now.
Old 04-14-11, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I was able to pick up 3 Godzilla movies I don't have (on dvd) for under $15 shipped. Not incredible, but a solid deal. It would have been around $11 had it been free shipping and not 30% off
Old 04-14-11, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks as well for that tip. I grabbed Frisco Kid on dvd which I've been looking for on the cheap for a while. Mixed that with a couple of cheap blu rays (Silent Hill and Push) for a total of $18 with shipping. Honestly, a pretty good deal.
Old 04-17-11, 09:19 AM

0.96 shipping on each item (dvd and blu) this week no code needed

Last edited by JAYARE; 04-17-11 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-17-11, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by JAYARE
0.99 shipping on each item (dvd and blu) this week no code needed
...Just like the good old days.
Old 04-17-11, 10:26 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any other codes to take a % off your purchase though?
Old 04-17-11, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They do this stuff just to piss us off, I swear. Sure, we'll give you a cheap shipping promo that you can combine with our other discounts! We'll just do away with the other discounts!
Old 04-17-11, 04:26 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Luckily, they sent me one of those "We want you back!" 30% off codes a couple weeks ago. I'd been hoping a non-code shipping deal like this would come along. Not everything I added to my cart was discounted, however. I limited myself to blu-rays under $6 and a few random DVDs/TV sets I had been meaning to pick up.

Lady Jane (Used) - DVD $2.62
Survival of the Dead (Used) - Blu-ray $4.54
The Road (Used) - Blu-ray $5.14
The Brady Bunch Movie (Used) - DVD $1.94
Amusement (Used) - Blu-ray $2.69
Fortress - DVD $3.78
Sabrina the Teenage Witch: The Complete First Season (Used) - DVD $6.23
Wanted (Used) - Blu-ray $3.78
Married... With Children: The Complete Fourth Season (Used) - DVD $5.39
Halloween II (Used) - Blu-ray $5.14

Tax: $3.06
Shipping/Handling:$9.60
Total:$53.91

Good deals. I'd have normally ordered more, but I just spent $60 with them last week during the brief "free shipping with purchase of a new release" promo -- I'm now broke.

Last edited by joe_b; 04-17-11 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-20-11, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Has anyone that received one of the 30% one time use codes tried the code on another account? I'm just wondering if they're only good for a single use on each account. If anyone has a code they've already used and wouldn't mind posting it, it would be much appreciated.
Old 04-20-11, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
Has anyone that received one of the 30% one time use codes tried the code on another account? I'm just wondering if they're only good for a single use on each account. If anyone has a code they've already used and wouldn't mind posting it, it would be much appreciated.
I just checked it out on another account and its says its already been used.
Old 04-20-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nycdude
I just checked it out on another account and its says its already been used.
Oh well, it was worth a try. Thanks for confirming.
Old 04-20-11, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm thinking end of week look alive cuz coupons might go active. www.gohastings.com is pretty clever but at a certain point i'm thinking they will crack lol.
Old 04-22-11, 05:05 PM

It appears GoHastings has finally started mailing most of their used inventory from fulfillment centers instead of shipping titles individually from stores across the country. I received an entire order of used movies (36 items) in only two shipments this week. Before now, every single thing I'd ever purchased from them had been sent in it's own envelope. I'm sure my mail carrier is happy with the change.

But even with this 0.96 shipping per item offer, I would have been paying $34.56 (plus tax ) to ship the order in only two boxes. Thankfully, this order was made during a "free shipping with new release promo" from a week ago. Still, if they've finally figured out a way to start consolidating large orders into one or two boxes, they might want to consider revising their per item shipping rates.

Last edited by joe_b; 04-22-11 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-24-11, 12:51 PM

I sure wish they had better quality control. Yesterday I received an order of 7 items, and there were 2 incorrect items. The same thing happened the previous order I made a few months ago.
Old 04-24-11, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Imprint
I sure wish they had better quality control. Yesterday I received an order of 7 items, and there were 2 incorrect items. The same thing happened the previous order I made a few months ago.
thats funny. I have 3 copies of Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans because these dummies don't realize that there was another Bad Lieutenant. I ended up getting the one I wanted from secondspin.
Old 04-25-11, 07:53 PM

Same here. I ordered the Japanese film "The Eye" and got the remake with Jessica Alba instead. I ordered another Japanese film called "The Demon" and got a public domain film of the same name. It seems if there is another movie with the same title as the one you ordered, GoHastings will send you the wrong one every time.

At least they sent me a paid label to return them. In the past, they've given me a refund and told me to keep the incorrect DVD (usually if it cost less than a dollar). Not this time. I figure they'll be paying more for me to send these DVDs back to them then what they charged me for them.

Speaking of quality control, I've also been sent an unusually high amount of scratched discs. I'd say at least a fifth of the used media I've purchased from GoHastings has skipped like crazy. Also, the coverart on a few of the DVDs from my last order looked like they had been chewed on.
Old 04-25-11, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I HATE buying specific versions of things from them. Rarely has it ever worked out in my favor. Three times I've purchased the old version of Sleuth, only to get the worthless remake. The sad thing is, they purchase via scan code so there's no reason they shouldn't have the right item. The problem is probably associated with the, often, teen employees who don't get paid enough to double-check.

Still, I've been buying books from them recently, taking advantage of the 30% off and free shipping deals they had. They got all of those right, at least!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.