Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$5 off Disney $16.99 or higher BluRay coupon at Target + Black Friday Blu Ray deals

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$5 off Disney $16.99 or higher BluRay coupon at Target + Black Friday Blu Ray deals

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-10, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $5 off Disney $16.99 or higher BluRay coupon at Target + Black Friday Blu Ray dea

^ It's up to you. I heard there were some differences and that this was more geared towards kids, which is why I got it. Btw Oceans was edited too compared to longer uncut European version.
Old 11-21-10, 07:01 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: $5 off Disney $16.99 or higher BluRay coupon at Target + Black Friday Blu Ray dea

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
got to love the posters who brag about their success at pulling of coupon fraud.
Yep. Mods need to lock threads that talk about that shit.
Old 11-21-10, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Exactly!
One day we wont be able to get coupons like these or the disney coupons anymore cause these peoples abuse them.

Either that or one day they will get caught and spend 20 years in a federal prison for being prosecuted for coupon fruad and forced to be someones B!tc#
Old 11-21-10, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
I see no point in owning watered down versions of a series I already own in its entirety. Am I correct about what I've said above? If so, and as long as Oceans is mostly new footage, do you think I should return Earth and just keep Oceans?
You're right. I did the same thing as you did. I didn't realize until you told me! I suppose I'll just return Disneynature Earth since I'm getting the Planet Earth from red2blu.com. Thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I don't think locking a thread just because ONE user decides to abuse a Target coupon in a fraudulent manner. Best to suspend or erase his entry than lock the thread.
Old 11-21-10, 08:53 PM

Yeah, you...you law breakers! Stop it, or I'm gonna tell on you!!

Seriously, I doubt anyone would be prosecuted for something like this. I think the real description behind "coupon fraud" is targeted at those people who manufacture fraudulent manufacturer or retailer coupons, and not the people who are printing out legitimate coupons from ad scans.
Old 11-21-10, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, the coupon police won't come BUT companies will stop putting the coupons out or will make it a huge PITA to use them, which is bad for us.

On a side note, Target.com has the ad up and within the ad is a link to print the coupon for 5 off a 16.99 and higher DISNEY dvd.
Old 11-21-10, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Blu-ray-collect
Yeah, you...you law breakers! Stop it, or I'm gonna tell on you!!

Seriously, I doubt anyone would be prosecuted for something like this. I think the real description behind "coupon fraud" is targeted at those people who manufacture fraudulent manufacturer or retailer coupons, and not the people who are printing out legitimate coupons from ad scans.
I have heard of several occasions where people have been prosecuted for coupon fraud for using illegal copies and scans of coupons removing the date, using them on items they arent suppose to, buying items with coupons just to return the item to get the value of the coupon given to you, but laugh it up and keep doing what your doing thinking nothings wrong.

when you guys are printing a scanned coupon and using it in a store, days before the legit coupon is even suppose to be availble and the coupon clearly says you are not permited to scan or copy it, thats coupon fraud.
People have been prosecuted for it, so dont think that you cant be.
Its not that difficult for them to trace it back to you either.
Old 11-21-10, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
You're right. I did the same thing as you did. I didn't realize until you told me! I suppose I'll just return Disneynature Earth since I'm getting the Planet Earth from red2blu.com. Thanks for the heads up!

I don't think locking a thread just because ONE user decides to abuse a Target coupon in a fraudulent manner. Best to suspend or erase his entry than lock the thread.
Its not just one poster, though these threads always bring out the people who do this crap and usually this site and other online sites put a kibosh on threads that foster this sort of thing, just look at last years 5.00 off any bluray Target coupon threads on various threads as a example.
Old 11-22-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
^ It's up to you. I heard there were some differences and that this was more geared towards kids, which is why I got it. Btw Oceans was edited too compared to longer uncut European version.
That's unfortunate. Do you know off hand how many minutes were trimmed from the US release? It reminds me how lots of Jackie Chan's movies are treated when they get to the US. The key to me is that Oceans contains MOSTLY new footage (i.e. the majority of it is not taken from Planet Earth), so I may keep that one, but given that Earth is 100% taken from Planet Earth I'll have to return it. Bummer. I was hoping to see 2 brand new (fresh) nature shows. Are the other Disney Nature series also edits from Planet Earth?
Old 11-22-10, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
No problem. One of the biggest time consumers is reading reviews on everything I purchase. Ideally I'd do that before purchase, but I'm limited by time. Did you pay $14.95 + $4.95 shipping for your Planet Earth upgrade? As nice as it would be to get the BD, there's no new content so nearly $20 seems a bit difficult to pay. Maybe if red2blu.com ever had free shipping I'd do it, but I doubt it since nobody even remembers or talks about HD-DVD much any more.
Old 11-22-10, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have heard of several occasions where people have been prosecuted for coupon fraud for using illegal copies and scans of coupons removing the date, using them on items they arent suppose to, buying items with coupons just to return the item to get the value of the coupon given to you, but laugh it up and keep doing what your doing thinking nothings wrong.

when you guys are printing a scanned coupon and using it in a store, days before the legit coupon is even suppose to be availble and the coupon clearly says you are not permited to scan or copy it, thats coupon fraud.
People have been prosecuted for it, so dont think that you cant be.
Its not that difficult for them to trace it back to you either.
That's for people who created fraudulent coupons not someone who used a coupon. Oh boy...another thread derailed by the coupon ethics committee.
Old 11-22-10, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Did you pay $14.95 + $4.95 shipping for your Planet Earth upgrade? As nice as it would be to get the BD, there's no new content so nearly $20 seems a bit difficult to pay.
I did pay $14.95, but shipping is $6.95 for some reason. I got about 8 items to spread out the damage, so shipping was only about 86 cents each.
Old 11-22-10, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
That's for people who created fraudulent coupons not someone who used a coupon. Oh boy...another thread derailed by the coupon ethics committee.
No it wasnt it was for copying coupons and using them to buy items as well as using them for items they werent meant for.

How is it derailed by the way,am i talking about something other than the coupon? NO, just saying its funny that people come in here braging about commiting coupon fraud, if you dont like that then perhaps people shouldnt brag about using the copies days before the legit version of the coupon was officially availble from target. Or braging about using them on items other than what they are intended for.

ppl like those will make it less and less likely that we will see legit store or manufactures coupons with big savings in the future.
spoke my mind now iam done.
Old 11-22-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No it wasnt it was for copying coupons and using them to buy items as well as using them for items they werent meant for.
Link?

How is it derailed by the way,am i talking about something other than the coupon?
Because the thread was going at a nice clip of success and unsuccessful uses of the coupon and then the coupon police popped up and generated numerous posts about coupon ethics (including this one)...THAT'S MY NAME!!! (that was a Glengarry Glen Ross movie reference...it just felt right).

Last edited by sumdeus; 11-22-10 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-23-10, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Link?

Because the thread was going at a nice clip of success and unsuccessful uses of the coupon and then the coupon police popped up and generated numerous posts about coupon ethics (including this one)...THAT'S MY NAME!!! (that was a Glengarry Glen Ross movie reference...it just felt right).
what part of i have said my peace on this was not clear to you.
But since you really felt the need to bring it back up
here is one example. this guy made copies of legitmate coupons both paper insert and online coupons for over a 100 different coupons(usually for smaller amounts though at times for the larger 10.00 range ones as well) and was arrested for coupon fraud. thats just one example coupon fraud isnt just limited to the people who create coupons on there own, it includes people who simply scan and photo copy legit ones as well.

http://www.pottstownmercury.com/arti...0007924133.txt

You want to risk getting your butt tossed in prision for fraudulent use of coupons thats your business.just know that most websites shut down threads inwhich people boast about doing so.

Atleast I will know who blame when Target doesnt give us these coupons anylonger.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 11-23-10 at 03:35 AM.
Old 11-23-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

what part of i have said my peace on this was not clear to you.
But since you really felt the need to bring it back up
here is one example. this guy made copies of legitmate coupons both paper insert and online coupons for over a 100 different coupons(usually for smaller amounts though at times for the larger 10.00 range ones as well) and was arrested for coupon fraud. thats just one example coupon fraud isnt just limited to the people who create coupons on there own, it includes people who simply scan and photo copy legit ones as well.

http://www.pottstownmercury.com/arti...0007924133.txt

You want to risk getting your butt tossed in prision for fraudulent use of coupons thats your business.just know that most websites shut down threads inwhich people boast about doing so.

Atleast I will know who blame when Target doesnt give us these coupons anylonger.
Easy killer. I thought a link would go a long way over heresay. The next time I think about copying 100 fake coupons I'll think twice...BUAHAHAHA!!! The next you say you're done feel free not to respond. It won't hurt my feelings
Old 11-23-10, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lemondrop
No, the coupon police won't come BUT companies will stop putting the coupons out or will make it a huge PITA to use them, which is bad for us.

On a side note, Target.com has the ad up and within the ad is a link to print the coupon for 5 off a 16.99 and higher DISNEY dvd.
Heh, if Target did not stop doing on-line coupons after last years "$5 off Blu-ray" internet coupon frenzy (which was still good for almost a month AFTER it expired), I don't think they will ever stop. If anything, it helped their sales numbers last year, and helped reduce their inventory.
Old 11-23-10, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Used this coupon along with the new $10 Beauty and the Beast DMR coupon. $11.39 out the door. Not bad, now if I can only find one of those Best Buy Ironpacks I missed out on.