DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/581900-amazon-black-friday-sales-start-monday-november-22nd.html)

Brent L 11-22-10 09:10 AM

Re: Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

Good God, The Secret in Their Eyes is just $14.99 right now!

Buy that one people, now. It was the winner of Best Foreign Film at the Oscars this year, and it is my personal pick for best film of all of 2009. It wont get any lower than this.

gryffinmaster 11-22-10 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Brent L (Post 10504667)

Buy that one people, now. It was the winner of Best Foreign Film at the Oscars this year, and it is my personal pick for best film of all of 2009. It wont get any lower than this.

:up:

Looks like a few of Sony's recent releases -- A Prophet and White Ribbon, at least -- are also at the $14.99 point.

adrenaline78 11-22-10 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Brent L (Post 10504667)

You're going to buy my copy if I don't like it? :)

Lecithin 11-22-10 09:42 AM

Re: Amazon.com Discounts and Deals on Blu-ray Part II

Ninja Assassin down to $10.99.

NoirFan 11-22-10 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster (Post 10504698)
:up:

Looks like a few of Sony's recent releases -- A Prophet and White Ribbon, at least -- are also at the $14.99 point.

I'd bite on Broken Promises if it were $9.99, but none of the seven non-Criterion Blu-rays on my wish-list are part of the sale, so I'm all set for this year. Since I already have TGBU on Blu-ray, the box would only make sense for me if it were $19.99. I'd also consider some of the Corman double-features if they were $9.99 or less. As it is, there's nothing.

sauce07 11-22-10 10:02 AM

I picked up A Prophet, Get Him to the Greek, Wolfman, Showgirls and the Dirty Harry collection.

Does anybody have Robin Hood (2010) for cheap?

GoldenWheels 11-22-10 10:03 AM

Silence of the Lambs BR/DVD combo is $8.49.

fumanstan 11-22-10 10:03 AM

In for the $10 Get Him to the Greek.

Manzana 11-22-10 10:04 AM

Is Predator (Ultimate Hunter edition) BD worth getting if you have the previous Predator BD release? I bought it for $4.99 last year and still haven't opened it, so all is not lost. For $3 more it's tempting as it's a BD-50 and has a lot of extras, but there are so many negative comments about the DNR saying that people look likes wax figures. Could anyone who has seen both editions comment on which is more watchable?

As one of my favorite movies, it's worth a double dip on BD at $7.99 IF the Ultimate Hunter edition really is an upgrade of the picture quality.

Jfunk1 11-22-10 10:12 AM

$5.99 for In the Shadow of the Moon on blu. Sold.

The Cow 11-22-10 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10504777)
Is Predator (Ultimate Hunter edition) BD worth getting if you have the previous Predator BD release? I bought it for $4.99 last year and still haven't opened it, so all is not lost. For $3 more it's tempting as it's a BD-50 and has a lot of extras, but there are so many negative comments about the DNR saying that people look likes wax figures. Could anyone who has seen both editions comment on which is more watchable?

As one of my favorite movies, it's worth a double dip on BD at $7.99 IF the Ultimate Hunter edition really is an upgrade of the picture quality.

So you can have another copy and not open it? Go for it.

wormraper 11-22-10 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10504777)

NOOOOO, the UH edition is a big step back in quality. it's been DNR'd to DEATH... looks like you're watching a live action Madame Tussuad show

Lecithin 11-22-10 10:40 AM

I hope Amazon matches Barnes & Noble's current $10.79 price on the BLU Austin Powers collection. With no shipping or sales tax, it would be almost as good as getting it for $9.

moonraker 11-22-10 10:42 AM

I'm tempted to upgrade my Watchmen Directors cut from DVD to Blu.... but one question: does the blu also come with that lenticular slipcase like the dvd version? That's one of my favorite slipcases, so I want to make sure the blu has it.

joe_b 11-22-10 10:54 AM

^ The BD orignally had the lenticular slipcover, but all the recent copies I've seen at Wal-Mart do not have them.

Manzana 11-22-10 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 10504820)
NOOOOO, the UH edition is a big step back in quality. it's been DNR'd to DEATH... looks like you're watching a live action Madame Tussuad show

Thanks. I'm assuming you've watche the new release (and perhaps the old one), so that's another confirmation to avoid the new Predator BD I'll stick with my unopened first-release BD for now. No reason have 2 unopened copies on the shelf (though my old edition may get opened over Christmas as I feel like watching it soon).

Numes 11-22-10 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lecithin (Post 10504853)
I hope Amazon matches Barnes & Noble's current $10.79 price on the BLU Austin Powers collection. With no shipping or sales tax, it would be almost as good as getting it for $9.

Is that still available for purchase on B&N? I know the Ocean's Trilogy wasn't available for purchase. It seems unlikely to me that Amazon would attempt to match anything that wasn't even available for purchase. FWIW - The Ocean's Trilogy was $25.99 on Amazon this morning, which isn't bad, but it's no $17.49 or whatever it was on B&N.

Lecithin 11-22-10 11:23 AM

It came back into stock today at the $10.79 price, with no coupon working, but still with free shipping. Alas, now it has gone back out of stock already.

Evan Meadow 11-22-10 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by sauce07 (Post 10504768)
Does anybody have Robin Hood (2010) for cheap?

Amazon's doing some sort of sale for that movie later this week.

Oh wait, that's just the DVD version tomorrow. Never mind.

Cameron McGaughy 11-22-10 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lecithin (Post 10504942)
It came back into stock today at the $10.79 price, with no coupon working, but still with free shipping. Alas, now it has gone back out of stock already.

Back in stock now and a coupon worked for me...seems to be hit and miss with it being available today. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it actually ships...

DirkBelig 11-22-10 12:08 PM

Got Showgirls, Fight Club, and Dollhouse S1 for $32. All of them are going to be delayed shipping; Dollhouse around Dec. 1 and the other two Dec. 8-15. No biggie.

glassdragon 11-22-10 12:11 PM

Got the lord of the rings. I'm not a huge fan of them, they are enjoyable, but not enough for me to really care that much about the extended. The regular versions are just fine. I was hoping to them them cheaper around when the extended came out. this is a perfect time. Also in on the Hot tub time machine for 10 bucks and prince of persia lightning deals.

drq2 11-22-10 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by moonraker (Post 10504857)
I'm tempted to upgrade my Watchmen Directors cut from DVD to Blu.... but one question: does the blu also come with that lenticular slipcase like the dvd version? That's one of my favorite slipcases, so I want to make sure the blu has it.

I have the 1st blu that came out. Is the extra on this one worth it? IE: Does it come with extras?

Draven 11-22-10 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron McGaughy (Post 10504964)
Back in stock now and a coupon worked for me...seems to be hit and miss with it being available today. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it actually ships...

Same - I managed to get one 15 minutes ago. Here's hoping it works.

alfonsosoriano 11-22-10 12:20 PM

Withnail & I, Mona Lisa and Long Good Friday are all mine at $6 per. I know the transfers aren't the best, but they're good enough for me and my $6! Love those films.