DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/581900-amazon-black-friday-sales-start-monday-november-22nd.html)

dsa_shea 11-29-10 10:50 AM

Re: Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

You wonder how many copies they even put up for sale. For all we know they put 100 copies out there hoping that those that don't get the deal just go ahead and order it anyway.

Laser Movies 11-29-10 10:51 AM

I almost missed out. Managed to make it back to my computer when the deal just started. It already said 46% claimed. Quickly added it to my cart and checked out. By the time I completed the purchase and went back to look it said 100% claimed!

tpockets 11-29-10 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Murmur (Post 10517104)
Grabbed Dollhouse at the end of its cycle and jumped on BTTF as soon as the little button popped up on screen. Both ordered and checked out. :banana:

I did the same exact thing. Added Dollhouse with 5 minutes left and then added BTTF 10 seconds after it came up. That circle arrow scared me a little at first. I was thinking oh no here comes the waitlist. But order went through painlessly.

melih69 11-29-10 10:52 AM

Got one and Done with BF CM sales. Way over spent this year. :(

SuperJim88 11-29-10 10:53 AM

This is sick, BTTF gone within 3 minutes.

gryffinmaster 11-29-10 10:53 AM

:lol: I'm beginning to think that the race might've been mostly DVDTalkers against one another to grab a copy.

DarthPrime 11-29-10 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by tpockets (Post 10517143)
I did the same exact thing. Added Dollhouse with 5 minutes left and then added BTTF 10 seconds after it came up. That circle arrow scared me a little at first. I was thinking oh no here comes the waitlist. But ordered went through painlessly.

Same thing happened to me with BTTF. That sold out fast.

kahuna 11-29-10 10:54 AM

Canceled my order for $34.99 last week and was able to score a copy today for $24.99 with free shipping.:)

Easy 11-29-10 10:54 AM

I didn't think I would get it because it took so long to "check deal status" but it eventually went through. It was really only a few seconds but seemed much longer. :D

alltherage214 11-29-10 10:55 AM

Can I check my waitlist status to see where I am now?

DirkBelig 11-29-10 10:56 AM

I clicked for BTTF the instant the button came up and it did the "Checking deal status" mambo for about 10 seconds and then the window with deals reset and it started counting down again. Uh-oh. Then it came back up and was saying it was checking - I'm thinking it's coping with a thousand simultaneous GIMMEE!!! clicks - and then after an agonizing time (OK, being a little dramatic) that probably took only 20 seconds, it confirmed it was in the cart. Tossed in Stargate, even though I haven't watched the DVD UE I've probably had for five years, and called it a day and a week.

$14 for Fringe just sucks, especially when Beast Buy once had it for $10, though that never happened again. Disappointed in the lack of Gossip Girl S3 and Supernatural S5 on DVD or Hottie Terminator and Dollhouse S2s on BD deals. Wah.

Zutton 11-29-10 10:56 AM

Got one after waiting 20 seconds or so with the spinning arrow checking status. But, when I went to check out, it said the item was no longer available!

Thankfully, it was just the 21 cent screw I had in my cart for a filler. Had a backup drill bit for 23 cents ready to go. Added that to my cart for a total of $25.22 shipped :D

onebyone 11-29-10 10:56 AM

My waitlist for BTTF came through, thank goodness. I was number 22.

matt3846 11-29-10 10:57 AM

I was literally #1 on the wait list, and it just now went through. Great deal!

TexasDVDer 11-29-10 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Loc Nar (Post 10517105)
Me too. Man, I wonder how many copies they actually had available for sale.

Yea, I would be real curious as to the number of copies they allocated for this deal, 500, 1000, 5000, ?

Sweet Baby James 11-29-10 10:59 AM

I was able to get BTTF and threw in Street Fighter 4 on another lightning deal to qualify for free shipping. This now concludes my crazy spending from the past week.

iNCREDiPiNOY 11-29-10 10:59 AM

I got 2! :D

alltherage214 11-29-10 11:00 AM

Got it! I was waitlist #250 even!

cgray 11-29-10 11:00 AM

My waitlist also came through. I may have misread the number I was, but I thought I was 400 something.

melih69 11-29-10 11:00 AM

Well same thing happened to me I clicked the second it went alive but I had "checking deal status". I waited for about 10 sec and took my chances and reload the page. I am glad I did since It was at 81% and hearing others saying they waited and got wait-listed.

Kent2000 11-29-10 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 (Post 10517132)
You didn't have "Use $9.50 promotional discount" checked on the payment options page???

I was navigating the page so fast I accidentally clicked that off. But I got the price adjusted through customer service. What a blur of a morning, that definitely was a lightning deal!

foofighters7 11-29-10 11:09 AM

I clicked on to buy one, and held it in my cart for a few minutes. Wasn't sure 25 bucks is a good enough price, as I know I will be able to find it for 5-7 bucks cheaper fairly soon, but I went ahead and bought one. Figured I can sell my current BTTF set for 5-7 bucks and that would fix that. plus no shipping so wasn't bad I guess.

bluetoast 11-29-10 11:09 AM

Entered the BTTF page a few seconds after 11:40, had a terrible time trying to add it to my cart, after numerous attempts (and error messages) on the iPhone, I gave up. A few minutes later I checked and it was at 100%....so I logged into a computer to try for a waitlist. Then I realized that one of my attempts actually did add it to my cart, and I had like 5 minutes to checkout! Just in time...

sotra 11-29-10 11:09 AM

Well, 4 for 4 :) (BTTF, Dollhouse, Home Alone and Alice)
Only got Hannibal left for BDs and Springsteen and Beatles in music left.
Anyone know where the CM calendar for video games can be found? I can only find the countdown page, but not the calendar.

Jorune 11-29-10 11:10 AM

I got in on BTTF also. Thanks everyone in this thread for keeping me appraised of the deals. Very helpful. Spent about $200 this BF on blu rays, , but that's for 22 movies.

jorune