Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Buy both Alien Anthology Boxset & The Last of the Mohicans for $84.98 @ Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-10, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy both Alien Anthology Boxset & The Last of the Mohicans for $84.98 @ Amazon

If you buy Alien Boxset alone you're paying $90 but if you buy both bundle you're getting additional $20 off. Sound like a good deal!

Best Value

Buy The Last of the Mohicans: Director's Definitive Cut [Blu-ray] and get Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] at an additional $20.00 off Amazon.com's everyday low price.

Alien Anthology Boxset - $89.99
The Last of the Mohicans - $14.99
Best Value -$20.00
Total - $84.98
Old 10-29-10, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Buy both Alien Anthology Boxset & The Last of the Mohicans for $84.98 @ Amazon

Nice deal, but still pricey for me. About $58 shipped from Amazon UK. Anyone know if everything is region free including special features and will play on a US PS3?
Old 10-29-10, 07:07 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Re: Buy both Alien Anthology Boxset & The Last of the Mohicans for $84.98 @ Amazon

Originally Posted by sotra
Nice deal, but still pricey for me. About $58 shipped from Amazon UK. Anyone know if everything is region free including special features and will play on a US PS3?
yes, and yes
Old 10-29-10, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by wormraper
yes, and yes
So you have your UK copy now and have checked it in a US PS3? This is the only confirmation holding me back from purchasing at the moment.
Old 10-29-10, 10:15 AM

Nice deal, but what an odd combination of movies!

Looks like Amazon UK is the way to go. Hope that price stays that way for a little while longer.

--John
Old 10-29-10, 11:04 AM

So they're paying the consumer $5 to take Last of the Mohicans off their hands!
Old 10-29-10, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by highclassrob
So you have your UK copy now and have checked it in a US PS3? This is the only confirmation holding me back from purchasing at the moment.
To answer my own question check out post 625 here - http://forum.blu-ray.com/united-king...thread-32.html
Old 10-29-10, 06:57 PM

Damn, I was going to wait until price drop, but it's too tempting to resist.

But, with Amazon charging tax in NY, the deal is not as sweet. Actually it made me order at Newegg since I didn't want to pay $12 for Last of the Mohicans. (Newegg=$79.99, no tax ; Amazon=$92.31 w/tax)

I definitely would have bought it from amazon if they didn't charge tax. Last of the Mohicans is one of my favorite movie, but I already have the DVD and with the blu-ray video being dark/dim and all the review saying it's good but not good as it could be, I decided to wait for another release or to get it really cheap ($5 would have been great) And this movie is something I want to have as perfect as it could be. Who knows, in some anniversary, they will release with remastered video with all 3 cuts of the film(I really want the original theatre cut)